Author Topic: I wanted to share something important with the community  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Duty Calls

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Archer Nub. ;)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Team Unicorn
  • Game nicks: Duty_Calls Duty_Balls
Re: I wanted to share something important with the community
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »
+7
Dude your signature gif is kinda gay.

Read up and you will see I have already stated my sexuality.
"We are living in modern times throughout the world and yet are dominated by medieval minds."
― Eqbal Ahmad, Eqbal Ahmad: Confronting Empire

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."― Bob Marley
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 01:48:46 pm »
+8
No shit Sherlock! :D
As a homosexual player of C-rpg[...]
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 02:13:13 pm »
+2
Ehhh your looking into it too much. For that one story you posted there is 10 black on white ones that don't get airtime. It basically boils down to respect to your fellow human being and fellow player in the crpg community.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 02:22:41 pm »
+4
What is the purpose of this thread honestly? To tell us that "nigger" and "faggot" are actually real bad words? Well no shit, that's why internet uses them, they're not gonna use "go fuck yourself, my sweet cupcake" to insult someone.

Or are you trying to tell us that those are the words that real world racists/discriminators use? Good, let's forget that everyone knew that already and ask you how does this relate to internet communities, especially one such as ours, who probably doesn't house a single real racist.

stupid shit nigger thread 0/10

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 02:27:59 pm »
+2
Hurrr muh political correctness, don't use words I don't like online or I'll call you a raciss and report you to the International White Guilt Association ½!!!1!11
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 02:40:47 pm »
+5
Snuffy, I greatly appreciate the sentiment to this thread. My childhood friend nearly died for being black in the "wrong neighborhood."

Unfortunately, the internet has bred a generation of self-righteous narcissists who will never heed your word.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 03:01:28 pm »
+2

There's tumblr in the adress. That's how gay it is.

What is the purpose of this thread honestly? To tell us that "nigger" and "faggot" are actually real bad words? Well no shit, that's why internet uses them, they're not gonna use "go fuck yourself, my sweet cupcake" to insult someone.

Or are you trying to tell us that those are the words that real world racists/discriminators use? Good, let's forget that everyone knew that already and ask you how does this relate to internet communities, especially one such as ours, who probably doesn't house a single real racist.

stupid shit nigger thread 0/10

Your memory is short. ONCE AGAIN THE TIME IS REBELLIOUS ! EAST GERMANY A NEW VILLAGE DESERVES !

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 03:53:40 pm »
+4
Yes, those are offensive. And rape is a horrible crime rather than something to say when you win or lose a round every five minutes. People won't stop saying them. Most of the people saying them in online games aren't using them because they are racist or homophobes or whatever. It's just a generic curse word at this point. The history of the word is irrelevant to them, it's just another stand-in for fuck shit piss.

Personally, I opt for over-the-top swears and insults. Saying "fag" takes no thought or even keyboard work. "Idiot bitch fucker" or "you'are mother abuses polearm thrusts w her dildo" is the superior course of action when you want to lay down the verbal smackdown.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 04:05:04 pm »
+1
i like this OP

this is exactly my experience, (perhaps to a slightly lesser extent), but i live in a city in england which is ~~ 50% white british, ~~ 40% pakistani / south asian and ~~ 10% eastern european

throughout my entire life i've seen/heard massively disturbing things relating to race, i've heard of gangs of white guys going "paki bashing", "friend hunting", my dad was held over a cliff when he was 12 by a group of pakistani guys because my uncle beat up one of their friends, etc etc, basically just mass violence and hate related to race

so as OP says, when i see a lot of people on the internet; many of whom are ~~ 15-20 years old, no real life experience, many living completely sheltered lives, using these amazingly racist terms (constantly saying jew as derogatory, my old friend, friend, etc etc), it really does shock me

the point is you should watch what you say, one day you might actually meet that black/jewish/gay guy who's member of family was actually raped and murdered by KKK / neo chocolate chip cookies, and it might all come home to you what you're actually saying
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:09:47 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 04:49:38 pm »
+3
What is the purpose of this thread honestly?

Not an ordinary "swearing is bad, mkay?"-thread; OP is kindly reminding us that we should hesitate for a moment and realize that swearing at others could hurt/actually may hurt them more than we think. After all, you´re playing and talking with real people (although I keep forgetting that from time to time  :rolleyes:).

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 05:18:27 pm »
Not an ordinary "swearing is bad, mkay?"-thread; OP is kindly reminding us that we should hesitate for a moment and realize that swearing at others could hurt/actually may hurt them more than we think. After all, you´re playing and talking with real people (although I keep forgetting that from time to time  :rolleyes:).

You can offend people with just about any (bad) word, will we make a thread for each? It's the internet, grow some balls. This isn't real life, you hardly have the same interaction or relationship with real people.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »
+1
You can offend people with just about any (bad) word, will we make a thread for each? It's the internet, grow some balls. This isn't real life, you hardly have the same interaction or relationship with real people.

Vibe, you are hurting my feelings.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 05:40:09 pm »
+1
Yes, those are offensive. And rape is a horrible crime rather than something to say when you win or lose a round every five minutes. People won't stop saying them. Most of the people saying them in online games aren't using them because they are racist or homophobes or whatever. It's just a generic curse word at this point. The history of the word is irrelevant to them, it's just another stand-in for fuck shit piss.

Personally, I opt for over-the-top swears and insults. Saying "fag" takes no thought or even keyboard work. "Idiot bitch fucker" or "you'are mother abuses polearm thrusts w her dildo" is the superior course of action when you want to lay down the verbal smackdown.

I like your fathers asshole myself.the my old friend word and other gay stuff is a put down to strait men. That's why its used. Sorry, not everyone is OK with being gay themselves and finds it an insult.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 05:40:50 pm »
+1
Vibe, you are hurting my feelings.

Which word that he said hurt your feelings?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 05:41:33 pm »

how is this not real?

i'm reading your words, they are affecting me in some way
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !