Author Topic: Anti-Druzhina alliance  (Read 17516 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: Anti-Druzhina alliance
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2014, 01:18:39 pm »
You only need 2 letters to make everything a whole lot better.

NA
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kalitorian

• Count
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalitorian, Lerikalian, Torilerian
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2014, 01:54:00 pm »
Yeah sure. Like NA clans wouldnt fight us when we marched our 20k troops across the border...
Some might be happy because we would bring more war to NA but most of them would curse us.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2014, 03:34:18 pm »
+1
Yeah sure. Like NA clans wouldnt fight us when we marched our 20k troops across the border...
Some might be happy because we would bring more war to NA but most of them would curse us.

Yea of course they would.
Hell, we just managed to get a roster when we attacked Tulga because Heskey and I have quite the connections from the previous strat, and because of doing some diplomacy like 10 minutes before the battle started.

But what do you think is more fun? Sitting in some fiefs in EU, basically sitting ducks until the big roflstomp by UIF, or try and get a foothold somewhere in NA, which might lead to your troops being wiped, or with you actually taking a fief and settling in NA for good?

Of course there will be the usual shouts like "EU scum, go back to EU you scrubs" But would it be any different if NA players came to EU? :D
If you don't behave like a huge windowlicking cunt you will at some point be accepted by them and then it really is a huge load of fun.

NA is much better than EU has ever been (ever since I started half way through last strat)
Wouldn't wanna go back to EU even if UIf was to disappear or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:38:45 pm by Switchtense »
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2014, 03:45:54 pm »
I dont know which crowd I have to argue against : those who say bubastan is a force of evil which needs to join anti-UIF or shut up (good old, good old), or those who say bubastan is a tiny useless faction noone cares about (and nor should I).

If all northern clans would have started playing strat when strat started - this could have been easier, sadly they didnt so it is harder.

Fixed it for you  :twisted:
It is even harder with KU loyalists hibernating.
Re-activate, goddammit. I dont forget my pledges nor do I forget the good shit we done in the end of strat 4.

HESKEYTIME and Arn you are over-estimating my brain power when you make paranoiac comments on why I say things or why bubastan has done what they have done.
Bubastan is a live thing, we go with the flow, it pushed us from the steppe, to rhodok mountains, to the steppes again, to the north.
I never professed to teach anyone what to do against UIF or for UIF or how to plant tomatoes, I have merely analyzed the strenghts in presence on the map and I continue to insist : EU strategus isnt dead, there is many players non affiliated to UIF who actively apply for battles (even battles between non-UIF factions).

And then if Harpag says the truth, even if UIF wipes us all, it wont be dead ever... Well, it will end but it wont be dead.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2014, 04:19:42 pm »
+4

It is even harder with KU loyalists hibernating.
Re-activate, goddammit. I dont forget my pledges nor do I forget the good shit we done in the end of strat 4.

And then if Harpag says the truth, even if UIF wipes us all, it wont be dead ever... Well, it will end but it wont be dead.

Butan, I love you....but,

in my point of view, this game is about different things for different players, it also means different things to the same guy depending on how long it has been played or how much time he has to put into it. All have their own goals, and most of the times they dont align.

For me personally, it is the strategic challenge that I can pursue together with a team of friends and allies versus an adversary that is even with us or tougher/better/stronger than me and my clan. Ganking a weak opponent wouldnt "do it" for me. For others its about the K/D ratio in battles, some men like the trade and others to have a title saying they own shit in strategus - to most people its about the XP in battles.

We tried, and we failed - mostly me

I couldnt foresee some of the events that happened, I couldnt understand why all clans outside the UIF werent gonna give all they had to be able to beat the biggest challenge in the game, I couldnt understand why internal conflicts between clans in the north occured, or why old grudges between players/clans had to be carried from one strat into the next and be obstacles when fighting the enemy they all had in common. I couldnt understand how people could not seize the oppurtunity to at least try before UIF got to strong.

I have no problems with Bubastan acting bandits, I know you are not telling people what or how to do things - I know you care for the game itself and that you see it as frustrating that there wont be even fights when UIF comes. If the UIF wants to do their best, they can take out the north in 2 weeks if they wanted to.

and about what Harpag says - yes ofc, but in my book that wouldnt matter much, for others it might

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2014, 05:16:52 pm »
hehe, long live bubastan

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2014, 11:36:51 pm »
I couldnt foresee some of the events that happened, I couldnt understand why all clans outside the UIF werent gonna give all they had to be able to beat the biggest challenge in the game, I couldnt understand why internal conflicts between clans in the north occured, or why old grudges between players/clans had to be carried from one strat into the next and be obstacles when fighting the enemy they all had in common. I couldnt understand how people could not seize the oppurtunity to at least try before UIF got to strong.

You cannot assume that everybody is willing to work towards the "greater good".

People are assholes and they always focus on their own benefit, not caring much about others, especially if they cannot gain an edge from helping them.

All fighting together against the UIF would mean that some of those factions would have been wiped from the start, or at least lost all their troops and gear or whatever.

"Why would I throw all my troops against that giant if I can let the others attack it first, so I will not be defenceless in the end?" - Anti-UIF mentality

Everbody would gladly have their "allies" charge the enemy, as long as they themselves are not losing any precious troops or gear.

And this is why a decent Anti-UIF will never work. Not even if there were another 50 Strategus rounds to happen in future.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2014, 12:29:55 am »
+1

People are assholes and they always focus on their own benefit, not caring much about others, especially if they cannot gain an edge from helping them.

This

Only, not beeing able to see what actually benefits them in the long run is kind of strange, I mean its not rocket science  :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2014, 09:07:49 am »
+1
hehe, long live bubastan
Let me tell you something ;

Wataga was way more better than Bubustan ; as UIF we tried to convert them and use them for our goods but they always rejected due to they didnt want to fight on stronger side and they totally made us paranoid because even if you think its the best and safe road wataga was there in the woods waiting for your caravan.

Bubustan is totally nothing ; dont take it as offensive.You guys are just buying goods or selling goods in our fiefs because most of north clans dont fuckin check strategus map in every min.We took at least 1000 goods from bubustan or his friends :)

You guys only managed to ninja a castle due to failgrim's fault.I am not gonna underrate neither call it great achievement.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:32 am »
Cicero I love you man but I'm not into all this who did what over start.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2014, 11:41:29 am »
I did not answer or question you it was random pick :)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2014, 05:19:01 pm »
I couldnt foresee some of the events that happened

We strive to achieve greater things Cicero  :twisted:

Since we wasted so much time and ressources in the beginning of strategus (basically got wiped twice in 2 months), we had to start anew "somewhere" and that somewhere happened to be the future headquarter of our most stubborn and annoying enemy. Give us some time and we will try to be greater... this round of strategus is still young.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:28:13 pm by Butan »

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2014, 05:26:01 pm »
+1
Let me tell you something ;

Wataga was way more better than Bubustan ; as UIF we tried to convert them and use them for our goods but they always rejected due to they didnt want to fight on stronger side and they totally made us paranoid because even if you think its the best and safe road wataga was there in the woods waiting for your caravan.

Bubustan is totally nothing ; dont take it as offensive.You guys are just buying goods or selling goods in our fiefs because most of north clans dont fuckin check strategus map in every min.We took at least 1000 goods from bubustan or his friends :)

You guys only managed to ninja a castle due to failgrim's fault.I am not gonna underrate neither call it great achievement.

Wataga was for me at least an inspiration to start a raiding faction in the first place.
And we did our raiding, and are not stopping anytime soon.
But Wataga died in the last part of the last round, but look at Bubastan :going strong, still attacking, still raiding.
Still I agree, Wataga was better. When I was with coalition even I kept a close eye out for them, even though they never really hurt me.
I always respected those guys for what they did, shake up and created chaos for both anti UIF and UIF alike.

"We took at least 1000 goods from bubustan or his friends :)"

Aww, thats cute. And what friends? We do not have any...

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2014, 05:28:20 pm »
I couldnt foresee some of the events that happened

I'm sure somewhere deep inside you understand why GRANDMOM.
Its tough to unite the world, only the greatest of leaders managed to IRL, and even then it was mostly due to luck and timely events. I had my doubts since the beginning and my doubts proved to be true... but it could have been wrong, there is so much things that one needs to take into account to understand why, and I think that most of it is out of our own reach and influence.

Like someone told me recently (I think it sums it up real nice), strategus never ends, not even between rounds, its only a pause between the same players who will continue what they were doing before.
We have to deal with it and try to "fix" it in our own way, or go with the flow, or do both  :wink:

For me personally, it is the strategic challenge that I can pursue together with a team of friends and allies versus an adversary that is even with us or tougher/better/stronger than me and my clan.

How come you dont see the current strategus as an opportunity to do just that?

Your crusade was the first big war.
The second big war is coming and you can still do what you wanted to, you dont even have to manage a big ass alliance yourself, its already there and waiting for you.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »
+1
Wataga was for me at least an inspiration to start a raiding faction in the first place.
And we did our raiding, and are not stopping anytime soon.
But Wataga died in the last part of the last round, but look at Bubastan :going strong, still attacking, still raiding.
Still I agree, Wataga was better. When I was with coalition even I kept a close eye out for them, even though they never really hurt me.
I always respected those guys for what they did, shake up and created chaos for both anti UIF and UIF alike.

"We took at least 1000 goods from bubustan or his friends :)"

Aww, thats cute. And what friends? We do not have any...
Not really we talked with wataga many times offered them many fiefs they answered as " we dont want to help stronger side "

They didnt crate chaos for anyone out of UIF.

I tried to say that bubustan dont have any leader so its more likely that party of friends ; didnt mean that u guys are workin for UIF.

My point was ; its really easy to hunt anti-uif.