Author Topic: Anti-Druzhina alliance  (Read 17421 times)

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
Re: Anti-Druzhina alliance
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2014, 10:30:50 pm »
Whats also important is 99% of the players dont care about politics, they only care about the XP, the gear and their winning chance.
The closest thing to a "roster control" we have on strategus is the leadership of players who encourage, discipline and give a purpose to everyone.
There is also the overall diplomacy: either personal relationships or roster alliances.

A combination of luck, numbers and loyalty.

If those who played aggressively with the Kalmar Union at the beginning of strat 5 felt betrayed by lack of support, there is a strong chance they will return the favor and that is perfectly normal.
It is already happening, I see almost no Kalmar Union, nor Council of Calradia, nor others who were there (sorry if I dont mention your faction) in the recent battles.

Lots of those people stopped playing strat, especially those who invested their utmost in the initial bid for destruction of the UIF by frontal attacks.
Without them, the world continue to live. Without them, the non-UIF is still large enough to provide the common man with XP, gear and winning chance.
If they were to come back, either on the map or in the battles or both, not only we would have a more balanced map, but there would be a stronger chance that the tide can be turned.

Its up to all of us, if we want something bad you just have to do it yourself and be a part of this world.
Strategus has a lot of life like elements and its one of them.
Pls Butan stop talking about how the other factions should fight the uif when the only thing your own faction has done is helping uif...

Also you talk like there is a chance of winning, let me tell you there is non the anti-uif might win a battle or two but they'll never win a war never. That is of course if you can't magically conjure a 50k shiny army and lots of millions of silver
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2014, 10:44:25 pm »
Pls Butan stop talking about how the other factions should fight the uif when the only thing your own faction has done is helping uif...

Also you talk like there is a chance of winning, let me tell you there is non the anti-uif might win a battle or two but they'll never win a war never. That is of course if you can't magically conjure a 50k shiny army and lots of millions of silver

You forget something. Players. Conjure players that aren't pissed off by this shit. See that people even gone to NA as they were tired of EU strat. No one wants to play anymore, and no one will, unless there is a change, with something that penalizes greatly huge factions.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2014, 10:49:51 pm »
You forget something. Players. Conjure players that aren't pissed off by this shit. See that people even gone to NA as they were tired of EU strat. No one wants to play anymore, and no one will, unless there is a change, with something that penalizes greatly huge factions.
That too

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2014, 10:59:06 pm »
I'm speaking objectively of something that I'm a part of: strategus.

I dont see how the fact I'm a bandit forbid me to use my brain and speak of whats up.
Dont do a Cicero on me Arn, you're better than this  :P

Never said there is a chance to "win" (what is winning for you?), but some people here says that basically the rest of the non-UIF is going to be 1st wave flag-capped even in their castles and cities.
Thats a gross under-estimation of facts.

Those facts can be argued on, and I'm ready to argue with you if you bring an argument.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:05:19 pm by Butan »

Offline Kalitorian

• Count
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalitorian, Lerikalian, Torilerian
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2014, 11:21:06 pm »
+2
Nah, it'll be first wave flag-cap in the field battles and villages, by the time you get to cities and castles your fickle roster will decide it has better things to do, then you'll be flag capped in those. UIF get's full 3-clan banner stack even against unarmed traders lol, fickle rosters wont stand up against that.
Why do you think we will place our largest armies in our villages like OdE did?
Why should we fight them in field battles?

I perfectly well know how fickle players are. Our base morale is very low compared to the UIF morale. So we need to use what little morale we have wisely...

Offline ARN_

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2014, 11:33:44 pm »
Butan my point is that someone who haven't been fighting the uif but instead helped have no right to say what the others who actually fight them should do. You may not realise it but your banditing up in the played a big part in why no northern faction helped us fight and then you even attack those who had their hands full fighting the uif already,yea sure I have no problem with that but then don't come afterwards and tell us what to do.
If you are so eager to fight they uif then go and attack them, I for myself have done my part and can talk about how to fight uif and no one can say other wise

Winning for me is keeping the UIF at bay, keeping about the same borders as we have now maybe lose or take some fiefs, but that wont happen when uif decides to strike the anti-uif is domed. Even if they win every battle UIF will have more troops and silver to win the war just grinding it down, hell they don't even have to fight battles just keep us from trading and we are dead.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »
unless there is a change, with something that penalizes greatly huge factions.
Also about that, the problem isn't in the huge factions in itself, the problem is that the huge factions are allied

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2014, 11:49:24 pm »
I was speaking 100% on a common player strategus point of view, based on my own experience.
You're not arguing on that subject but on what I'm doing with my own dot on the map.

Now, if you want to speak of that, I'm really proud that we fucked a lot of factions over with bubastan and I take your message as a honest compliment.
There is more than 2 sides on the strategus round 5 map, and you have problems dealing with this fact, like kinngrimm did  8-)  its not a revelation to me nor should it influence this thread subject a whole lot. Case closed?  :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:52:46 pm by Butan »

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2014, 12:33:28 am »
+1
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2014, 02:06:30 am »
+2
Now, if you want to speak of that, I'm really proud that we fucked a lot of factions over with bubastan and I take your message as a honest compliment.
There is more than 2 sides on the strategus round 5 map

What? You actually think anyone cares about Bubastan on the map? You won one battle against us for a few hundred crates, maybe a few against the northern factions and none against the UIF. When 70% of the map allies with each other and claims a shared victory, it's game over. There are no incentives to "win" in Strategus which is why it's failing. You can hide by saying it's not you that's supposed to do anything about it, but we all know you yourself Butan are one of those guys that could do something about this. I'm sure you know this as well as all the other leaders of any big clan in this game.

UIF are really, really well organized, especially the DRZ. They are dedicated and hardworking and we should all appreciate that, but I don't think they will enjoy this "victory" very much either.

Also, Nordmen :lol:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:09:52 am by Mr.K. »

Offline Kalitorian

• Count
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalitorian, Lerikalian, Torilerian
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2014, 08:46:36 am »
I`m quite certain that the UIF will wage war among themselves soon. The only real question is whether or not they want to stomp us first.

One of the few really interesting things this Strat would be the northern alliance attacking Bubastan. But I somehow think that no faction in the north wants to use their own troops to do it.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2014, 10:10:49 am »
+1
Butan I only get the impression that you only want anti-uif to fight uif so that you can take that opportunity and screw anti-uif over again as you seem so proud of have done that before.

I don't understand how you can say you are proud of screwing stuff up for anti-uif then tell them what to do. As I said before I have no problem with you doing your own thing and play as bandits but then don't say anything about the situation now as you are big part of why thing looks like it does.

You say you speak form a common players point of view and to that I call bullshit, to all the common players I say the same as to you fight uif yourself before you can tell anyone else to, simple as that.

I'm sorry for sounding mad, but that's cause I am when I know many who have done so much for this strat has given up and now some who hasn't done a shit starts to tell the others what to do...

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2014, 11:33:10 am »
Im all up for roleplay, but there needs to be some logic in that, if you first see antiUIF struggling with the UIF and use the opportunity to take a piece off the antiUIF as well then dont be surprised antiUIF is gonna have hard times. If youre roleplaying you shouldve joined the UIF by now, if youre fighting for antiUIF now, youre being months late.

Edit: Theres also one more thing, the UIF does not tolerate roleplay, as you could see a very quick end to Mercs.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2014, 11:55:05 am »
It is really interesting to read since i played all strategus versions and only didnt lead a clan in the first strategus but still cant talk like you guys ; so experienced please teach me.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2014, 12:00:51 pm »
+3
I had hoped that when the idea of "excluding" the UIF totally came up the non-UIF clans would start wars among themselfs, fun wars, small wars and good wars. It didnt, and instead a new alliance was formed to stand up against the UIF. I wish members of it good luck.

I truly believed that we could hurt the UIF initially, some events made it alot harder:

* 1. Gear prices changing
* 2. Lack of capability of the northern clans as a whole
* 3. Shogunate settling where they did
* 4. Kapikulus going UIF

1. At the start of strat 5 we had more than 15 HA:s in the clan, with the old prices an HA ticket would cost about 100 gold (sumpter, nomad, 3*arrows)which meant we could make several smaller armies going in to harass the UIF trade from day 4-5 of strat, disturbing them, hurting them - making things harder for them. 15 HA spawning at the same time makes about 750 arrows to shoot peasants with, and since most people relayed on the peasant gear and numbers in their caravans for the first 4-5 weeks it would have been interessteing to see where this would have gone. Pricechanges made this impossible

2. The north was surprisingly slow in taking fiefs and organising themselfs, we had the support from some of them but most of them were invisible. Internal conflicts, problems in dealing with Bubastan, trade not working out and so on.

3. Shogunate, settling center, normally a UIF supporter changed our initial plan aswell, we needed to act since going through their lands to fight the GO would be to dangerous, Shogunates needed to be stopped before taking castles and towns otherwise they would be to strong and Go could use their lands as a highway into any part of the east/north clans fighting the UIF later on in the game. While fighting them UIF grew stronger which we knew, but right then and there we saw no other option since Shogunates already traded with the UIF and Corsair claimed he would never turn on the UIF.

4. Kapikulus, claimed a large peace of land, made trade easy for GO and themselfs, fought in UIF rosters. They havent fought a war since the beginning of strat

If all northern clans would have started playing strat when strat started - this could have been interessting, sadly they didnt so it isnt.

I wish you all the best luck in defending against UIF, this round it will be harder though since they can use crime to flush you out - which they couldnt last strat. You cant avoid fighting them in the open Kalitorian, they will siege you untill you have to leave your castles and towns or die of crime.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:41:57 pm by GRANDMOM »

We're working on something cooler than a blog.