Author Topic: The 30 Best Ways to Improve Melee: BattleGrounds  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The 30 Best Ways to Improve Melee: BattleGrounds
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 02:23:53 pm »
+5
Wait, this is actually a worthwhile point to look at!

Currently one of the biggest drawbacks to battle is the idle sitting around when you are dead until the round ends. What would be fun is to have something (optional) to do for the dead people, which does not interrupt gameplay for the people that are still alive. What comes to mind:

- Betting: the option to bet some (limited amount of) gold on whoever team you think will win; odds (# of players alive per team / average score etc.) affects the gold gain for the bets. Could even think of special bets with higher stakes on individual player's performance. Would also help keeping dead players interested in the current ongoing battle.

- Dueling: chance to duel other dead players while the round lasts. Duels will end as soon as a new battle round starts. Would achieve the opposite as above and take dead players' attention away from the current ongoing round.

Just some ideas for now...  :wink:

@ OP: hilarious, thanks for the laugh  :D

the idea of betting whilst dead actually sounds great, one player types something like

"!bet 10,000 blue"
(to bet 10,000 on the blue team), and it has to be called by another player who says something like

"!bet call "playername"", which means that he calls the other player's bet,

but it only works if he actually has the money to pay him, and the second he types call it takes the money off of both players, then only pays up when the round ends, (to prevent abuse)

sounds like a really fun idea IMO
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 03:56:39 pm »
id actually prefer the duelling after death thing
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Raubgraf

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: von Krems
  • Game nicks: Tannhauser_von_Krems
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 05:23:42 pm »
+6
Great stuff, Corsair!

But you need to add religion. ADD RELIGION!! Every character has to choose a religion which then has certain impacts on his specific gameplay-experience:

Hinduism: If you perform too bad (kill too many or to few) you're being reborn as an animal (ie goat). Then you either have to hunt / kill / tear apart other animals to become a human hindi again or you climb down the hierachy further and further. Man --> Goat --> Horse --> T-Rex --> dolphin --> frog etc.
Nordic mythology: Lightning air strike if you killed enough people with a hammer
Jews (well that's easy): You have to loot equipment and sell it before the end of the round for bonus XP & gold
Fundamentalists : *Boooom* and you get a virgin for every guy you blast away in your own team. --> Build several families in the claimed houses
Catholics: You have to pray a lot. No impact
Buddism: You loose, if you kill

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:32:49 pm by Raubgraf »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »
+4
add goats , yes but fuckable goats so when you die you can play with them in a restricted area but in private cabins (obtainable on marketplace) so anyone can't see which type goat you are humping.
don't make this a minigame , just a separate area in EU_1 , like an happy island where all the deads can enjoy the rest of the round.

oh i forgot to say , if you have a masterwork goat it gives you 75% morale for the next round , +2 gives 50% , +1 25% , no goat gives you depression debuff.

(click to show/hide)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »
+2
Great stuff, Corsair!

But you need to add religion. ADD RELIGION!! Every character has to choose a religion which then has certain impacts on his specific gameplay-experience:

Hinduism: If you perform too bad (kill too many or to few) you're being reborn as an animal (ie goat). Then you either have to hunt / kill / tear apart other animals to become a human hindi again or you climb down the hierachy further and further. Man --> Goat --> Horse --> T-Rex --> dolphin --> frog etc.
Nordic mythology: Lightning air strike if you killed enough people with a hammer
Jews (well that's easy): You have to loot equipment and sell it before the end of the round for bonus XP & gold
Fundamentalists : *Boooom* and you get a virgin for every guy you blast away in your own team. --> Build several families in the claimed houses
Catholics: You have to pray a lot. No impact
Buddism: You loose, if you kill

LOL! :D

i added the suggestions to the main thread :D

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Royans

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 11:27:25 am »
+2
You could simply ban all brit my old friend like corsair!

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 02:22:36 am »
BANNERLORD! FUCK YEAH!

Offline Ramza

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • @aeonslife
    • View Profile
    • Aeonslife
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Trisection_Ramza
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2014, 10:11:10 am »
I had my doubts about this game when they started the crowdfunding but from what I see on YouTube it's shaping up to be a good successor to cRPG, or at least I hope so.

Kind of regret not contributing/buying it earlier. At least I would have gotten a loompoint fuckingg dammniiitttttttttttttfuck
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:18:20 am by Ramza »

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2014, 10:43:32 am »
scene in game of thrones where light armour guy kites shielder for 5 minutes then kicks him over should be your inspiration

That guy was a my old friendging noob and didnt really made justice to sword and shield combination in any kind of form.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2014, 02:22:25 pm »
Ctrl+f

No 'crafting system like Minecraft' suggestion

Plebs.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »
+2
Ctrl+f

No 'crafting system like Minecraft' suggestion

Plebs.

Combine dagger and staff to create spear. Combine spear and staff to create pike.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2014, 08:26:15 pm »
+2
Combine dagger and staff to create spear. Combine spear and staff to create pike.

combine 1h and 1h to make 2h.

combine 2h and 2h to make 4h.

WHERE DOES IT END, WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END

( :D )

srsly though, crafting, melee battlegrounds 2k15, gogo, implement.
my revised expectations for this game are that it's a cross between warband, crpg, skyrim, guitar hero, grand theft auto and minecraft.

I'm expecting a perfect conglomeration of all of those games into one flawless product. ( :D )

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 08:40:46 pm »
+4
combine 1h and 1h to make 2h.

combine 2h and 2h to make 4h.

WHERE DOES IT END, WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END

( :D )

srsly though, crafting, melee battlegrounds 2k15, gogo, implement.
my revised expectations for this game are that it's a cross between warband, crpg, skyrim, guitar hero, grand theft auto and minecraft.

I'm expecting a perfect conglomeration of all of those games into one flawless product. ( :D )

Combining two 2h's should create the double ended light saber from star wars

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2014, 11:57:12 am »
+3
Implement a tertiary weaponmode for pole that enables you to ride it.

400 bump damage, raising the team's morale, making the enemy team laugh which results in a massive Armor-Reduction (like 1000).

When in tertiary mode, you can also taunt enemy players:

which makes the first to be taunted go killing spree (that will remove all banners - so u can't tell who's friendly and who's not.

Also: Add flying skulls for specs already.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2014, 12:10:26 pm »
+2
Battleground needs: more titles, more game modes, more siege equipment, more crouching, more jumping, more maps, more ladderpulting, more players, more skill, faster melee, stronger tanks AND more dragons: Flying dragons, underwater dragons, walking dragons, crawling dragons, fucking dragons, ghost dragons, undead dragons!!! We need moar!

And master physic-engine wher you can poke out the left eye from your enemy or stick your spear in his ear. or cut out the navel from the belly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:14:01 pm by Eugen »