Author Topic: Throwing needs a serius buff <-----------------------------  (Read 11451 times)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
Re: Throwing needs a serius buff <-----------------------------
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2014, 01:38:51 pm »
But really. You're more of the "aimed but strong" kinda throwing dude. Im more of the ABUZETHESPEEDBONUS weak one.

Axes suck at high pt IMO.

Plus, those kills were really lucky and at the end of the round.

Also they weren't looking in my direction, so i had quite a good chance. Usually it's more like i would've had my head chopped off by jarlek after he survived the headshot... :(
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2014, 03:13:49 pm »
But really. You're more of the "aimed but strong" kinda throwing dude. Im more of the ABUZETHESPEEDBONUS weak one.

Axes suck at high pt IMO.

Plus, those kills were really lucky and at the end of the round.

Also they weren't looking in my direction, so i had quite a good chance. Usually it's more like i would've had my head chopped off by jarlek after he survived the headshot... :(
Sadly, I never survive a headshot, even though I have 63 head armour... unless when it's throwing hitting my head.

Weird ranged damage balance is weird.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »
I am only here to say that i hate you all. And go back into inactivity again. :P Learn to block :D

With some ranged stuff you can kill a horse with 2 missles. why you think it should be buffed. Another fact is that sometimes as an melee you have actually more maneuver to prevent from getting hit you just step to the side and you dont get hit.

So actually every argument against throwers is the same kind of retarded then the argumentation against Cavalery. Because you dont need a fucking plated charger either because. it would be enough that the horse have in front a plate shielt against pikes and ranged shit. and wolaaa ranged would not have a chance at all. this throwing is some shit from acient times its totally outdated . When you are not throwing it against a shield then you are a totally retarded this things where used to fucking make shield unusable. and not for throw at people. Another thing is i dont think that you would do match damage with that shit on a full platet knight.

btw i saw Chase trying to get not hit by some trolls who where useing throwing knives. And he didnt had a chance with fully loomed armour so you have to match times to make threads mister.   

Offline Ellie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • It's a traaaaaap
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DLB
  • Game nicks: DLB_Ellie, Ellietrap, Ellie_Rocks_Your_World
  • IRC nick: Ellietrap
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2014, 01:27:53 pm »
so, throwing got its buff but.... this buff is awful. It's the cut weapons like the axes that felt underpowered compared to everything else, but they only got minor boosts, while jarids, javelins, and war darts got +10 pierce. WAR DARTS now do more than jarids did before the update...
Nerf everything. Buff naked fist fights.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2014, 02:21:38 pm »
so, throwing got its buff but.... this buff is awful. It's the cut weapons like the axes that felt underpowered compared to everything else, but they only got minor boosts, while jarids, javelins, and war darts got +10 pierce. WAR DARTS now do more than jarids did before the update...

The throwing spear things got a buff in melee mode while axes were buffed in throwing mode. Unless they changed the speed bonus, throwing is still useless against cav, so nothing has changed here.

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2014, 04:59:32 pm »
Unless they changed the speed bonus, throwing is still useless against cav, so nothing has changed here.

But is throwing useless or cav OP ?

I'm waiting for comments from regular axes users to tell me their feeling about the buff. Personally I don't see a big difference.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2014, 05:23:10 pm »

Neither tbh. Throwing is still perfectly viable if you target the right opponents. Just forget about trying to kill any horse heavier than the eastern horse. Also horses are quite easily killed by aware infantry and rarely cause me much problems.

I still don't get why speed bonus was ner.. removed from throwing and archers, but not melee. If anything, melee speed bonuses are even more redonkulous than the throwing ever was. Just take an awlpike or 1H cav and see how much of a difference it does to abuse the speed bonus.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »
+2
psst.

The buff on war darts, javelins and jarids is for the melee mode.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2014, 05:33:24 pm »

I'm waiting for comments from regular axes users to tell me their feeling about the buff. Personally I don't see a big difference.

imo ranged useless against horses atm ...

cant kill an horse without wasting a full quiver per cav ...

nerf op tanky horses ?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2014, 10:55:02 pm »
3 damage isn't a whole lot. You'll only be seeing ~+2 final damage per hit, which definitely stacks up if you land many shots. It just helps change cut throwing from being UP compared to pierce to slightly weaker + lower missile speed for a better rate of fire, but still not there yet. Melee modes were better all around. Before for throwing spears, I just used the melee mode to block and nudge the guy away. There is still a bit more to be done that will also include the pierce weapons. (and every horse)

@Blackbow
Archers are still getting their quiver weights steadily lowered. I'm not an archer, so I leave those kinds of proposals to Xynox.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2014, 12:04:18 am »
+1
How the hell can you listen to Xynox when it comes to archery?

Offline Ellie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • It's a traaaaaap
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DLB
  • Game nicks: DLB_Ellie, Ellietrap, Ellie_Rocks_Your_World
  • IRC nick: Ellietrap
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2014, 12:49:00 am »
psst.

The buff on war darts, javelins and jarids is for the melee mode.

Oh. oops. That'll teach me to read patch notes when I'm half asleep.
Nerf everything. Buff naked fist fights.

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »
Finally also the cheaper axes can be used now! Big + for chadz & co!

But: Is Speed bonus back now?

It makes the game so much more realistic and its also a must for throwers in battle.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »
Finally also the cheaper axes can be used now! Big + for chadz & co!

But: Is Speed bonus back now?

It makes the game so much more realistic and its also a must for throwers in battle.

Yeah, the cheap axes seem quite interesting. Might actually pick those up for my 1H cav if I ever reach lvl35 and get 3PT :)

The speed bonus is still not back though. Played 2H cav for a while yesterday with light medium armor (surcoat over mail) and Large Warhorse and throwing projectiles did laughable damage while I was able to onehit the throwers. Arrows seem to be doing more :shock: Even a throwing lance is perfectly survivable at full speed. Also made 11k gold in two hours while at the same time I would have made +-0 with my pure lightly armored jarid thrower. Throwing is expensive and not worth it atm.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2014, 05:54:34 pm »
+1
@Blackbow
Archers are still getting their quiver weights steadily lowered. I'm not an archer, so I leave those kinds of proposals to Xynox.
OMFG!!!!!!
How the hell can you listen to Xynox when it comes to archery?
+1

Skyrim UI