Author Topic: Unban request  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
Re: Unban request
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 08:10:06 pm »
So, in closing, I would have to say:  Dutchy, sorry, but you have no place in Strategus.

Coming from a guy who bitched about everyone using duped gear, then used duped gear to fund his own battles.

Also the FCC had an illegal fief transfer atleast once a week.

That and dirty armies to item bug people.

This is literally the pot calling the kettle black.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »
Personally I think all fief transfers done through attack should be bannable, or otherwise disallowed.  Part of strat is choosing the right person to own a fief and having them do things properly.

Just so we're clear, I was the initial complainant about this.  If you remember, when smooth and blackzilla did this last strat it was heibous, and they should have been punished. I didn't go through the forum posts route, I went straight to irc and talking to the admins directly.  You see, I believe in the integrity of Strategus.  That is, until all the gear gets duped, then you better get your exp while the exp is good.

However, onto the matter of Dutchy himself.  Let us not forget his multiple instances of foul play last strat.  He item bombed Ichamur last Strat when Matey owned it, prompting a thread to complain about that.  Unfortunately, nothing again was done by our fabulous Dev/admin team, because this is NA and we should all go fuck ourselves.  For those of you wondering, he still managed to fail misrebly in taking Ichamur.  Now, that was not the only instance for Dutchy.  After FCC took Reyvadin (I think, perhaps Curaw), the FCC went after every KUTT member fleeing the city as if they were children who had just opened a piñata.  KUTT, who had actually never bothered showing up for battles they felt they would lose, all of a sudden started showing up just to retreat.  Normally, that would be no big deal, but there was a big at the time, causing retreating defenders to actually win their battles.  Sure, one time could be called a mistake, but I was recently reminded that this happened three or four times, multiple times after the big was reported on the forums.  Someone had even fingered Dutchy as directly responsible for every instance.  How he was able to figure this out, I'm not sure but said informant is very reliable and does not get things wrong.  I'm sure the rosters are available somewhere in the great Strategus 4 archives if the matter had to be further investigated.

So, in closing, I would have to say:  Dutchy, sorry, but you have no place in Strategus.  Your history speaks for you and you continually manage to damage the integrity of Strategus and I have no reason to believe you will ever stopped unless your ban remains.

As an aside, Artyem's context is entirely different.  He has just taken an AI fief, and there was no one in the area in direct contest with Artyem's fief.  Dutchy, the owner of Bulugar was attacked right on top of the village less than half a day before the battle was to take place and the fief logically attacked next since the owner was getting teleported. That is an awfully convenient excuse for someone who has a history of abusing bugs.  Bear in mind that it was you who declared eternal war for Bulugar, you are only making yourself look worse.

Wow Murder if your going to also talk about integrity you really should get your facts straight, lets not forget how you threatened me with exploited gear last strat if LL attacked your castle or the fact that when we attacked your village as we didn't realize who your clan was and I came to offer to undo this you demanded large amount of troops from me and when I refused you banned all LL from your xp battles(not that we played in any before that). So using exploited gear for pathetic xp battles has loads of integrity doesn't it? Not participating in the actual strat and having meaningless xp battles aslo has plenty of integrity?

Now lets get this straight I didn't item bomb anything ever but you seem to finger me out for this. KUTT never won any battles from fleeing all we got was some gear and it was only small amounts and at the time and people thought it was a bug but in actual fact it was a mechanic of the game in the end but I still got a bann for that and I admit that was most likely due to the way I gloated in the forums and excepted that bann even though I still say bullshit.

"If the owner is stupid enough to get teleported, he must deal with the consequences.  This is a strategy game , there are no unfair mechanics, just stupid strategists."
Whats that got to do with anything? I had my army and LL had 2 other large armys  around Bulugur anyway it was actually a mistake by Tydeus to attack the token and not the village and probally realized this and had a cry to you about his mistake.

Im not surprised your behind this as I have had the pleasure of speaking with you in TS several times and personally I have found you to be a complete dickhead and if you acted like that in front of me in real life you would be getting an ambulance.

So in hind sight I should of made an issue thread about me not being able to do anything in the village im lord of.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 08:38:45 pm »
Oh I wasn't sure what happened, I was trying to find out more information (since I'm curious as to what was going on, the battle archive left me more confused than it helped clarify anything).  Can someone post a timeline

Edit, nevermind Tedious gave me a run down in irc...seems like it was a blatant illegal fief transfer (owner was in the process of being teleported and someone else attacked village to gain control)

I was in The Kalmar Union when I attacked the village for the record.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 08:46:50 pm »
Coming from a guy who bitched about everyone using duped gear, then used duped gear to fund his own battles.

Also the FCC had an illegal fief transfer atleast once a week.

That and dirty armies to item bug people.

This is literally the pot calling the kettle black.

Well, the bug completely ruined the integrity of Strategus, far worse than any other bug, unfortunately, not everyone was honest about it, like Sandersson was.  I used to gear and gold solely to fight Jake, in one location.  I had no intentions of going after anyone, just to stay in one place and make fights happen since no one else would.  Also was fully transparent about it.  As for the threats to Dutchy, I had already stated my intentions, when I got that village and you were foolish for attacking it in the first place. Basically I made my demands as absurd as possible to make you go away and not talk to me any further.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:10 pm »
if you acted like that in front of me in real life you would be getting an ambulance.

heh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 08:48:37 pm »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 08:57:44 pm »
Raven_Zan (who was in my faction) owned Nova Mijayet, he was in EU and inactive so I left the faction and attacked the fief.  The fief transfer was successful and I was the owner of the village.

But, as soon as the first battle ended, another one started.  I was attacking my own fief, very strange.  Before I even realized that it had attacked it twice, I joined back into my original faction and lost control over the fief's roster.  When the second battle ended, I had normal control over the fief and it was like nothing happened at all.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 09:02:33 pm »
Raven_Zan (who was in my faction) owned Nova Mijayet, he was in EU and inactive so I left the faction and attacked the fief.  The fief transfer was successful and I was the owner of the village.

But, as soon as the first battle ended, another one started.  I was attacking my own fief, very strange.  Before I even realized that it had attacked it twice, I joined back into my original faction and lost control over the fief's roster.  When the second battle ended, I had normal control over the fief and it was like nothing happened at all.
Yeah, I'm willing to let the 2nd attack off, but again, this doesn't free up the overwhelming number of issues of the first attack.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 09:05:57 pm »

There are still big differences in the situations though.  No one was poised to attack within 24 hours, as you had no diplomatic enemies at the time and no one came forward to make a complaint.  Also, it was the battle of Halfcast attacking DH_saeyoontau's village that was the illegal transfer.  The second battle where Halfcast attacked himself was ridiculous as well, but not what he was banned for.

Teleporting a fief owner is a valid strategem, which leaves the fief unmanageable, and what they did was surely an effort to circumvent this mechanic.  What Dutchy did would have allowed him to take out all the gold in the village, as well as force tydeus to deal with yet another awful night time setting, as well as waste over a day of upkeep for Tydeus, based on the assumption he would not attack the village immediately after Dutchy's battle was to end, as it would be around 5 am.  Really, an illegal fief transfer causes a multitude of problems, and that is why devs look down upon it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:10:42 pm by MURDERTRON »

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:14 pm »
There are still big differences in the situations though.  No one was poised to attack within 24 hours, as you had no diplomatic enemies at the time and no one came forward to make a complaint.  Also, it was the battle of Halfcast attacking DH_saeyoontau's village that was the illegal transfer.  The second battle where Halfcast attacked himself was ridiculous as well, but not what he was banned for.

Teleporting a fief owner is a valid strategem, which leaves the fief unmanageable, and what they did was surely an effort to circumvent this mechanic.  What Dutchy did would have allowed him to take out all the gold in the village, as well as force tydeus to deal with yet another awful night time setting, as well as waste over a day of upkeep for Tydeus, based on the assumption he would not attack the village immediately after Dutchy's battle was to end, as it would be around 5 am.  Really, an illegal fief transfer causes a multitude of problems, and that is why devs look down upon it.

How the fuck was it illegal? I was in "The Kakmar Union" faction as I have been for the last month.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:34 pm »
How the fuck was it illegal? I was in "The Kakmar Union" faction as I have been for the last month.

Leaving your 4 person faction to attack from another faction is just another poor excuse at trying to circumvent the rule.  If you had truly attacked that fief, there would have been an actual battle, with you know, rosters.  By not even killing the population, you only further incriminate yourself.  Also the fief transfer message on BOTH sides only makes it worse.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:49 pm »
Cool. Nevermind the fact that everyone knows you're LL. It's not even disputable.

Quote from: cmpxchg8b
Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:03 pm »
Really, an illegal fief transfer causes a multitude of problems, and that is why devs look down upon it.

As a joe-bloggs strat player - I see feif transfers happening all the time within and between factions. At no point in time have I read or heard anywhere from anyone that they are looked down upon or illegal. Frankly I thought it was just part of strat - a workaround for a mechanic that doesn't exist.

Edit: fixed quote.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:04 pm »
Well, the bug completely ruined the integrity of Strategus, far worse than any other bug, unfortunately, not everyone was honest about it, like Sandersson was.  I used to gear and gold solely to fight Jake, in one location.  I had no intentions of going after anyone, just to stay in one place and make fights happen since no one else would.  Also was fully transparent about it.  As for the threats to Dutchy, I had already stated my intentions, when I got that village and you were foolish for attacking it in the first place. Basically I made my demands as absurd as possible to make you go away and not talk to me any further.

Then you exploited this bug that ruined the integrity of strat and then weeks later exploited it further when you threatened to use your duped gear against LL if we attacked you. Your a complete hypocrite trying to use the integrity card.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »
Cool. Nevermind the fact that everyone knows you're LL. It's not even disputable.

Quote from: cmpxchg8b
Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

What a load of shit I have been legit in Kalmar through Quincey for the last month helping them with their war, I had no intention of leaving Kalmar but due to the Quincey breakdown I guess I was removed.

Tydeus lets just face it you had a dummy spit because you didn't get your way at Bulugur and you made plenty of mistakes trying to do so.