Author Topic: Increase cav upkeep  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Increase cav upkeep
« on: April 04, 2014, 02:36:07 pm »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Increase cav upkeep
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:37:51 pm »
+14
People have millions of gold. No problem to play tincan+tinhorse 24/7. Too much cav. Yes, its called MOUNT & blade, but the unique in Warband is the melee part. Personally i like a balanced team, i dont want cav to be removed, i like cav, cav is essential on any battlefield. But its getting out of hand. Id hate to see cRPG where everyone level 20+ were cav.
If people have millions of gold, how is increasing upkeep for horses going to solve anything, m8?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 02:39:54 pm »
Wouldnt change anything from day 1 of course, logically....

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 02:40:26 pm »
+2
I don't think increasing upkeep would really help. Whoever wants to play cav, does it. If you pay upkeep for your horse 3 times a map (if a map takes 4 to 7 rounds) it isn't a lot. Many people have no problem to pay upkeep for most horses, hell, some even use a plated charger for hours.

Playing infantry has to be made more attractive.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 03:05:54 pm »
+1
if you want to deal with massive cav, then make every horse +1 riding requirement. If someone want to be cav, he should choose cav.

upkeep hits most the new or "life payer"

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 04:01:27 pm »
+12
Fuck you, I dont have millions of gold, I play a little cav and then need to farm gold again with cheapass gear.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 04:09:51 pm »
+2
i just sell one of my loompoints wehn i am low on money, increasing horse upkeep wont change anything, i will still ride plated charger and bump people like vidar till death. Plated charger is already 4.5k upkeep, if it becomes even more expensive it should not be rearable than.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 04:21:13 pm »
Plated charger is already 4.5k upkeep, if it becomes even more expensive it should not be rearable than.

please set it 10k upkeep and keep it rearable

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 05:34:24 pm »
+1
Go suck a d!ck Sniger.

Cav is fuckin expensive all ready, plus you whiny qq whores all ready made sure, the map rotation is full of inf gangbang maps.... with no room for cav anyways. So give it a rest..
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »
+4
Cav is fine.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 06:18:05 pm »
+2
All types of cav are currently worse than they've ever been.  Why would you choose now of all times to complain?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 08:54:26 pm »
+2
Give infantry, formation bonus. Just like shield bonus when you form a shield wall, when people stay together buff their stats up and call it "morale effect" .This will enforce people to stay together in formation and deflect cav. ggwp.

Or don't. Actually staying alive is already a reward ... It's people who cause the problem. Too much stupidity...

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 06:54:32 pm »
The problem are largely the "best" horses, which are just too common ingame. If most of cav was riding around on a palfrey or rouncey, some on destriers / sarranids / coursers and armoured horses were a rare sight, cavalry would be a hell of a lot more balanced.

And then perhaps we could play on more open maps. Right now, you're either the king or trash because it's some counterstrike map. The kicker is that light horses (ok, sarranids and such are so agile and small that they are a bit of an exception) can be killed in one go if they approach badly an infantry formation. Heirloomed armoured horses can make many mistakes which kind of breaks balance, in my view.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »
+1
The problem are largely the "best" horses, which are just too common ingame. If most of cav was riding around on a palfrey or rouncey, some on destriers / sarranids / coursers and armoured horses were a rare sight, cavalry would be a hell of a lot more balanced.

And then perhaps we could play on more open maps. Right now, you're either the king or trash because it's some counterstrike map. The kicker is that light horses (ok, sarranids and such are so agile and small that they are a bit of an exception) can be killed in one go if they approach badly an infantry formation. Heirloomed armoured horses can make many mistakes which kind of breaks balance, in my view.

If most cav were in rounceys they would be largely useless.  Have you fought on a rouncy?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 09:40:22 pm »
add the nice matchmaking system and you have same clan cav team vs. shitheads-who-gonna-be-creamed  :lol: