Author Topic: Increase cav upkeep  (Read 2103 times)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: Increase cav upkeep
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:02 pm »
If most cav were in rounceys they would be largely useless.  Have you fought on a rouncy?

Yes, I have. It means you're easily disposed of if you screw up while still being useful especially on open maps. It means you don't have the frankly dumb option of letting your horse be slashed just so you can kill someone, and then doing this repeatedly.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 03:54:19 pm »
+3
Yes, I have. It means you're easily disposed of if you screw up while still being useful especially on open maps. It means you don't have the frankly dumb option of letting your horse be slashed just so you can kill someone, and then doing this repeatedly.

People keep saying things like this, but I don't think it makes sense.  You can mess up as a melee player plenty of times (miss a block, etc) and still get to fight on.  The heavier armor you wear the more you can make mistakes.  The heavier horse you take, the more you can make mistakes -- but you pay for it in terms of speed, meneuverability, and cash. 

Makes sense to me the way it is now.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 12:35:14 am »
+1
After being on this forum for so long I have developed the tendancie to fap to threads such as these
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »
+1
Increase the upkeep of 2h swords.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 03:09:50 pm »
+1
Shielders and 2h should be vulnerable to cavalry, considering that *most* of 1h/2h weapons aren't designed for fighting it. Be aware of enemy cav, stay with your team, and try to find someone who has a weapon made for fighting ponies (pikemen). If you have extra slots as well, bring a weapon that rears cav (carrying a weapon like this also wards off some nerds like a bubble of invulnerability).

It sucks (as infantry) getting killed by cav, regardless if you think that it's easy or hard. Bring proper gear to stop the pony stomp.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 11:52:28 pm »
No cav in siege.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 02:55:25 am »
Shielders and 2h should be vulnerable to cavalry, considering that *most* of 1h/2h weapons aren't designed for fighting it. Be aware of enemy cav, stay with your team, and try to find someone who has a weapon made for fighting ponies (pikemen). If you have extra slots as well, bring a weapon that rears cav (carrying a weapon like this also wards off some nerds like a bubble of invulnerability).

It sucks (as infantry) getting killed by cav, regardless if you think that it's easy or hard. Bring proper gear to stop the pony stomp.

(click to show/hide)

its the AMOUNT of cav im complaining about, not the class itself. and of course, naturally they all has to go on the same fucking team. thats how balance is in some fucked up minds. one team have archers, the other team have cav. thats awesome balance. yes it is.

:lol:

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 12:26:40 pm »
Your thread failed hard, also i dun get your whine with our current map rotation, cav is utterly shit.

Also by your logic we should increase upkeep on 2h/polearm since they are the most used weapons currently...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 01:51:56 pm »
so what else do you wise guys suggest?

i just quit a 40 total player map. 18 vs. 18. half the other team was cav.

when theres too much cav, range will also be overloaded exactly because there is too much cav. and when range-overload cav will also be overloaded because there is overload of range. its really really retarded. i suggested the increase upkeep becuase noone cba to code or even discuss class balance, because "oh its too hard to do" (comparred to the crazy banner balance code?! LOL) or "we like it how it is" (YEAH cos you are fucking cav yourself and give a flying fuck about even matches!)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 01:53:14 pm »
Your thread failed hard, also i dun get your whine with our current map rotation, cav is utterly shit.

Also by your logic we should increase upkeep on 2h/polearm since they are the most used weapons currently...

wise words. i wish i knew you irl.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 02:02:16 pm »
+1
Since slashing cav still does insane damage and lance cav has got much better sweetspots now I think a general survivability nerf of armoured horses could not hurt. Heavy cav is quite OP, now both lancers and horseslashers.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 02:13:12 pm »
yeah SOMETHING must be possible to do without causing fora whine spam because really, seriously, i love cav, they essential and fun to play but just the slightest overload have really big impact especially when servers low populated

edit: and also, i think there should be some kind of prestige in being cav. back in the day, having a horse was like having a private jet today. im playing with the idea of making cav available only to lvl 31 or above i think that would be cool but i also understand that it would be shot down by the majority :/

Since slashing cav still does insane damage and lance cav has got much better sweetspots now I think a general survivability nerf of armoured horses could not hurt. Heavy cav is quite OP, now both lancers and horseslashers.

and even without a horse some players are still op! (royans! why you little...! :) )
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:23:19 pm by Sniger »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »
how about keeping current upkeep but make horses crazy expensive? once a rider is killed while horse is alive, people will jump eachother to get it / enemies will shoot it

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 03:39:13 pm »
part of the problem is that when people have x1 and its open map, they log out and hop on a cav alt

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 01:39:10 pm »
^

with our current map rotation, cav is utterly shit.
Past week's rotation has been very cav friendly, though.