Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 60126 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2014, 11:29:23 pm »
+3
My sister was put in jail for a few days because of a DUI. As far as I know she was not shot and killed by a police officer so uuhhh how is this supposed to worry me as an American that 4 wackos killed a guy out of all the law enforcement agents we have? Every country has em right, and don't go off and say "yeh but murica haz way moar wackos" no it's because we're less strict so people can actually post or film these type of things without much back lash.

Yeah just another lol troll thread, not like it matters though this is the interwebz where we can act like we know how to handle political matters or ones pertaining to the law.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2014, 11:48:22 pm »
+3
Why are you under the impression that the law enforcement ALWAYS acts like this?  Have you ever been to the U.S?  You can't believe everything RT tells you.

I should say that I'm not trying to justify the actions made by these officers, just giving some background information that RT seems to have left out.

Even for the US, cases like this are extreme. Perhaps "always" wasn't the best wording. And yes you are absolutely right when you say RT will distort the truth as much as they can to show "American imperialist pigs". However even considering all the context, this use of lethal force is unjustified. We can point out the problems that occured here and I think that has been done already. But more importantly I think there's a more generalised problem with the attitude and culture of the law enforcement forces in the US. Acting as if the people they are supposed to "protect and serve" are enemies is not a good way to create goodwill and trust towards the authorities.

My sister was put in jail for a few days because of a DUI. As far as I know she was not shot and killed by a police officer so uuhhh how is this supposed to worry me as an American that 4 wackos killed a guy out of all the law enforcement agents we have? Every country has em right, and don't go off and say "yeh but murica haz way moar wackos" no it's because we're less strict so people can actually post or film these type of things without much back lash.

Yeah just another lol troll thread, not like it matters though this is the interwebz where we can act like we know how to handle political matters or ones pertaining to the law.

Your country has a real problem. In 2011, German police forces fired a total of 85 shots at people (including 49 warning shots). Yes that statistic is quite well known.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:01:50 am by Kafein »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2014, 11:57:59 pm »
+2
I'm sure if these cops would play in crpg they'd be my old friendchers :P

Actually a good comparison, if you're archer (gun) you should know by then that a melee (knife) can fuck your ass up if you get too close.

Your first reflex would be then: why dont they just fall back? He cant hit them with a knife from a distance (except if he's also a good thrower), just kite away then.
This is where the comparison with cRPG stops : police is called to resolve a case. They have the duty not to back off and leave the emotionaly disturbed person to wander around and potentially wound/kill himself or other persons. They have to get close and personal and take him into custody.

To this day we have invented no perfectly reliable tool to restrain someone that isnt complying from a distance, without getting dangerously close or wounding the suspect or both. There is some cool gadgets around that are definitely handy in some situations, but nothing comes close to lead.

Also, if the account of AntiBlitz and Artyem are rights (suspect has record of violence and the police confrontation was actually hours-long (video doesnt show the full background)), I believe they didnt pop the poor guy just because he was camping. Just by reading the title of the youtube video you can tell there is some proper misinformation going on, and its not only done by the police trying to cover their asses.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1834
  • Infamy: 2908
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2014, 12:07:25 am »
+2
Good thrower... come on, dude's a fucking hobo. Those policemen in Miami had regular gear yet had no problem to put down that cannibal dude who was eating hobo's face...

This happened in New Mexico and I bet these clowns were given these rifles and wests to deal with members of drug cartel... not homeless old dudes.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2014, 12:13:03 am »
+5
police is called to resolve a case. They have the duty not to back off and leave the emotionaly disturbed person to wander around and potentially wound/kill himself

Yup, better to shoot him down than let him kill himself :P

(suspect has record of violence and the police confrontation was actually hours-long (video doesnt show the full background)), I believe they didnt pop the poor guy just because he was camping.

Totally meaningless, he wasn't a threat for anyone, so there wass no need to use such unproportional means. POlice is allowed to use only as much force as it is necessary, no matter what's the history of this guy it's definitely not the case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2014, 12:17:51 am »
+3
Good thrower... come on, dude's a fucking hobo. Those policemen in Miami had regular gear yet had no problem to put down that cannibal dude who was eating hobo's face...

This happened in New Mexico and I bet these clowns were given these rifles and wests to deal with members of drug cartel... not homeless old dudes.

They did kill the cannibel dude then as well... with i think it was 5 shots before he actually went down.

After reading more, I must say, you EU's really do want to ignore facts to suit your view and belief in this situation.

Heh, they are trigger happy though:
Albuquerque officers have shot more people than the NYPD, a department serving a city 16-times larger, since 2010, according to ProgressNow.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/james-boyd-killed-by-cops_n_5021117.html

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2014, 12:41:26 am »
+3
Law Enforcement...

(click to show/hide)

But seriously, what the fuck-fuckedy-fuck-fuck?

They flashbanged  and then shot the guy ("armed" with two kitchen knives) with fucking assault rifles for "not complying" (walking around at a distance not being an immediate threat to anything). Then, while he's mortally wounded they sic the dog on him apparently just for lulz or something. "Get the knives out of his hands!" (before rigor mortis sets in...?) It's just sick.

For once I'm going to agree with Xant here. They have the tools, they know the guy. There's like six of them + a dog. Man the fuck up.

Also there's the usual case of people here seeing this as some kind of hit to their personal pride. (Why??)

It looks so bad, but it must not be that bad when its been okayed by the court, and hasnt really hit the news in the U.S(only a few small sites and things, one day of coverage was about it).

There is something seriously, SERIOUSLY wrong with this statement.

Distrust everyone, use guns for "protection", assume everyone is armed. Blindly trust the courts and the media, but for the love of god don't see what's right in front of you.

/rant

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 548
  • Infamy: 989
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2014, 12:51:13 am »
+1
After reading more, I must say, you EU's really do want to ignore facts to suit your view and belief in this situation.

You're fucked up dude, you know that. I nowhere said this is about USA, just said that policemen in question are idiots. And idiots don't live just in USA:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:55:09 am by Leshma »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2014, 12:52:44 am »
+3
Totally meaningless, he wasn't a threat for anyone, so there was no need to use such unproportional means.

Points taken, but hear those other points :
- not being a threat to anyone right now and ever is two different cases: A guy holding a knife here, can be holding a knife one hour later, somewhere else
- police record is here to provide background information on a person, if the guy you're trying to get a hold on is known for owning knives and not being shy about it, you use the information to protect yourself
- there is no capture of the hours long "interview" but if the police tried to make him comply for so long, I would say they didnt just go in guns blazing, they must have tried the peaceful course and failed

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2014, 12:58:21 am »
+5
You're fucked up dude, you know that. I nowhere said this is about USA, just said that policemen in question are idiots. And idiots don't live just in USA:

And no where did I say anything about USA in my sentence. I just said you EU's are ignoring all facts to make this suit whatever you need.

Not one EU person in this thread has said anything except "STUPID COPS DIE," "AMERICA BAD," and other gross over exaggerations. I'm quite critical of cops, I do(did?) live in my state's "Murder Capital" and "Highest Police Shootings." Understanding the entire story is very important.

They, used 90% of their means of STOPPING this guy with non lethal means, and then shot him exhausting all other methods. Should they shoot him? No. But damn, the idiot was doing his hardest to NOT follow orders. Previous attacks on officers means he probably doesn't(didn't?) care to much to listen to what the hell they were saying.

Course, he could have been trying to do the old fashioned "death by cop" routine, but from what it seems, APD is way WAY to trigger happy and they need a severe fine and restriction.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2014, 01:09:00 am »
+2
Not one EU person in this thread has said anything except "STUPID COPS DIE," "AMERICA BAD," and other gross over exaggerations. I'm quite critical of cops, I do(did?) live in my state's "Murder Capital" and "Highest Police Shootings."

So... you are defending something you are "quite critical of", but we are not allowed to talk about it because we are smelly europeans ?

Next time we have football riots killing dozens I'll be sure to react the exact same way. Because how dare you criticize things that don't work properly in my country ?

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2014, 01:16:22 am »
+2
Even the shoot was fucked up, the guy with the helmet cam should not have shot from that angle even if he was against a real bad guy.
Why? Was he too close to another officer or something?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:25:41 am by Logen »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2014, 01:21:09 am »
+2
So... you are defending something you are "quite critical of", but we are not allowed to talk about it because we are smelly europeans ?

Next time we have football riots killing dozens I'll be sure to react the exact same way. Because how dare you criticize things that don't work properly in my country ?

Have I defended it? Nope. Have I said EU's are making things suit what they want ignoring other facts? Yep.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2014, 01:23:45 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

For me it's really very clear; this poor hobo died, that means cops fucked up. I just don't buy it that the only way to disarm and incapacitate him was to shoot him to pieces. No matter how many knifes he had and how rich or long was his police record.

It looks so bad, but it must not be that bad when its been okayed by the court, and hasnt really hit the news in the U.S(only a few small sites and things, one day of coverage was about it).

That's even more scary cause it shows there's some kind of approval for such actions. When few years ago police in my country by mistake shot to death wrong guy (policemen were looking for some criminals, blocked the road, wrong guy didn't stop the car, they shot him down) it was top news in media for a few months and these policemen will end up in prison. You can read about it here: http://www.sn.pl/aktualnosci/SiteAssets/Lists/Komunikaty_o_sprawach/EditForm/V-KK-0099_12.pdf  :lol:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2014, 01:28:01 am »
+2

That's even more scary cause it shows there's some kind of approval for such actions. When few years ago police in my country by mistake shot to death wrong guy (policemen were looking for some criminals, blocked the road, wrong guy didn't stop the car, they shot him down) it was top news in media for a few months and these policemen will end up in prison. You can read about it here: http://www.sn.pl/aktualnosci/SiteAssets/Lists/Komunikaty_o_sprawach/EditForm/V-KK-0099_12.pdf  :lol: :lol:

That's even worse. I mean, how do you fucking run a road block? If you run a road block, of course I expect cops to act. Perhaps I should read the article beyond what you typed to make sure that I'm not wrong on this...

or not. Can't read...um ...moonspeak.