Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 67882 times)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »
+2
Well, looks like I was right, this thread is nothing more than EU circlejerk "lol lets make fun of Murica"
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2014, 08:48:14 pm »
+3
Well, looks like I was right, this thread is nothing more than EU circlejerk "lol lets make fun of Murica"
It's not about America, it's about law enforcement of America.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2014, 08:58:45 pm »
+1

(click to show/hide)

hey that's  a +3 Mail Hauberk !!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2014, 09:03:26 pm »
+4
And rightfully so. This man would have been alive now if this would have been Dutch law enforcement, same goes for probably any other well developed country with a strong rule of law. Truth simply is, law enforcement in America is extremely messed up. Now don't get me wrong, incidents happen everywhere, but the fact that this video is used as a means to justify the behaviour of these cops, is just laughably fucked up. Can't believe this isn't in any way worrisome to you as a citizen of that country.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2014, 09:12:50 pm »
+4
And rightfully so. This man would have been alive now if this would have been Dutch law enforcement, same goes for probably any other well developed country with a strong rule of law. Truth simply is, law enforcement in America is extremely messed up. Now don't get me wrong, incidents happen everywhere, but the fact that this video is used as a means to justify the behaviour of these cops, is just laughably fucked up. Can't believe this isn't in any way worrisome to you as a citizen of that country.
It isn't any less worrisome to him, most likely, if he really thought about it. He's defending it because he sees it as a "us vs them" setting. He has to stand up for his team. His team being America, and the opposite team being evil Europeans.

In fact, here's some science behind it:

"Dr Drew Westen of Emory University (author of "The Political Brain") ran an interesting experiment where he took individuals -- who identified themselves as either liberal or conservative -- and put them into an MRI machine. The MRI was focused on their brains. Westen then proceeded to ask them political questions.

Interestingly enough, in both groups the part of the brain showed activity was NOT the rational, but rather the emotional parts (limbic system). There it was on the screen. That part of their brain is active, not the other part.

What is of equal interest is while these groups were diametrically opposed in political views, they both exhibited the same behavior patterns -- especially when it came to bias. For example they were extremely condemning of the opposition candidate for wrong doing and equally overly-forgiving when their candidate did the exact same thing. In neither case did the punishment fit the 'crime.'

Here's the real kicker. Despite the researchers looking at the physical proof that these people were being emotional, not logical, the participants ALL swore that they were being logical and reasonable in their 'thinking.' (News release)."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:16:44 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2014, 09:23:04 pm »
+1
This is how the German police handles knife guys:

(click to show/hide)

Kinda removes the need to pump a stabbist full of projectiles before getting near him. Too fun-hating for the US though.
Is... is that chainmail? :o

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2014, 09:28:34 pm »
+2
Did I even once, mention anything about those police and their actions?
No, because I'm not trying to defend them. I'm commenting on the all the posts bashing the US and the fact that apparently the actions of 4 or so officers reflects on every other fucking cop in the country.

Yes, that shooting wasn't justified
Yes the situation coulda been handled better
Yes, there are a few rotten apples in the police

Does this incident represent how bad and fucked up the US is? No
Because it's just an incident
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2014, 09:36:17 pm »
+7

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.  If your country (or someone in your country) is doing something that is wrong, call them on it.  Trying to change your country for the better is much more patriotic than blindly ignoring things that are wrong and should be changed within your country. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 111
  • Infamy: 990
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2014, 09:48:15 pm »
+2
Is... is that chainmail? :o

Like you've never seen the butcher with maille gloves... just because it's not medieval age anymore doesn't mean mail lost its purpose.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2014, 09:50:28 pm »
+1
sounds like a pretty shitty butcher
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2014, 09:53:39 pm »
+3
It all stems from "dont put yourself in a dangerous situation if you can avoid it, if you cant, protect your life at all cost" police mantra, which is sometimes applied liberally. Still, policemen need to be protected from criminals too.

The barrier is thin between protecting oneself and overreacting to the cost of someone else life. Thus we argue about whether or not it was legitimate to use deadly force.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2014, 10:23:32 pm »
+3
It isn't a thin barrier. Someone died here simply because of incompetency and cowardice. Even the shoot was fucked up, the guy with the helmet cam should not have shot from that angle even if he was against a real bad guy.

The "officer safety" mantra is ridiculous. If you're a pussy, find another job. And no, I'm not saying officer safety is bullshit, just that most of the times it's brought up it's bullshit. "Herrrrp that old guy we did a no-knock on was reaching for something... maybe... so we shot him. Officer safety comes first you know. Oh yeah, that guy was innocent, but hey, officer safety."
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2616
  • Infamy: 1072
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2014, 10:42:36 pm »
+1
It all stems from "dont put yourself in a dangerous situation if you can avoid it, if you cant, protect your life at all cost" police mantra, which is sometimes applied liberally. Still, policemen need to be protected from criminals too.

The barrier is thin between protecting oneself and overreacting to the cost of someone else life. Thus we argue about whether or not it was legitimate to use deadly force.

From you postings I got the impression that you have close ties to law enforcement. If that's really the case, I don't understand how can you defend these "cops". They didn't need so much "force" to put down this guy, especially if they knew him from before (from previous reports it seems to me he's just homeless thug). It's plainly obvious this is the case of bored policemen living in a boring town who got new toys to play with... just like USA soldiers in Iraq who were so bored beyond belief so they had to "entertain" themselves with some innocent civilians while few miles from them their compatriots fought against the real deal...

I bet this rarely happens on the east coast of USA. They have real and dangerous criminals to deal with and they can't afford mistakes. Unlike these idiots on the video who would probably end up dead if they were facing a real threat, like some organized gang members.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2014, 10:55:07 pm »
+8
The barrier is thin between protecting oneself and overreacting to the cost of someone else life.

Oh cmon, some homeless dude against 4 guys with guns and dog, sure, he was posing great danger for them  :rolleyes: I'm sure if these cops would play in crpg they'd be my old friendchers :P

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2014, 11:10:39 pm »
+2
Just like the Kelly Thomas case, unjustified murder that will also most likely end in little justice where the cops punishment is concerned, if any punishment at all. It seems like an unhealthy % of US cops have a hard on for bullying and even shooting people for little reason, land of the free right, lols.