Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 60141 times)

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2014, 09:25:50 pm »
double post

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2014, 09:32:26 pm »
+2
Not a tank and thats a helicopter with armed dudes. So? Every countries policeforce has armored vehicles and helicopters.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »
+2
Not a tank and thats a helicopter with armed dudes. So? Every countries policeforce has armored vehicles and helicopters.

pretty much this, its an apc, and a transport helicopter, sorry, we dont have tanks with cannons and rocket pods on them, though you can think we do.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »
+3
pretty much this, its an apc, and a transport helicopter, sorry, we dont have tanks with cannons and rocket pods on them, though you can think we do.

Why are you defending bloated police budgets that are leading to every bumfuck town getting armored military vehicles and major cities having drone fleets. That shit should be considered insane by any American regardless of what your political views.

You realize SWAT teams, which function like fucking Mongolian raiders through property seizures, very often bust down the wrong house while using flashbangs, teargas, blinding lights, all sorts of shit to disorient the "druglords" inside. If you so much as reach for your constitutionally protected home-defense firearms that you always post about cuz you think you woke up in fucking Fallujah and need to protect your family, you will be executed on the spot. Even if you don't do anything they are videotaped regularly murdering people's dogs and shit.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2014, 11:13:34 pm »
Why are you defending bloated police budgets that are leading to every bumfuck town getting armored military vehicles and major cities having drone fleets. That shit should be considered insane by any American regardless of what your political views.

You realize SWAT teams, which function like fucking Mongolian raiders through property seizures, very often bust down the wrong house while using flashbangs, teargas, blinding lights, all sorts of shit to disorient the "druglords" inside. If you so much as reach for your constitutionally protected home-defense firearms that you always post about cuz you think you woke up in fucking Fallujah and need to protect your family, you will be executed on the spot. Even if you don't do anything they are videotaped regularly murdering people's dogs and shit.

EDIT:
ya know what, never mind, you can have this conversation lol, i dont even want to begin in this thread, either way i support the "bloated budgets", "mongolian raiding", and "Fallujah" gun nuts.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:27:14 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2014, 11:34:20 pm »
+1
When you rule out police errors and the justifiably armed but still shot dead denizens, there is only two scenarios left : invasion by foreign forces or civil war. And in both cases, except if you're really unlucky, you will be informed and prepared and there will be no confusion (except the inherent confusion of war).

I understand the hate on police when they use violence, even more when they use violence on the wrong people (meaning, innocent people), but it just happens. No sane mind will conclude that we need to disarm our police and let the thugs take control of our lives. Its already the case in parts of your country even with those bloated police budgets, and even taking inefficiency/corruption in the formula, I think it must mean that there is never enough money for the defense of one's soil.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2014, 12:31:12 am »
I also dont see a problem with seizing property which is purchased on the backs of drug money and gangbanging.   

You just described your goverments methods lel
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2014, 12:38:22 am »

I don't know if you guys caught it early in the thread, but this was a pretty illuminating article:

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=116574

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2014, 01:18:52 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Just a quick point- that's SWAT, not Highway Patrol.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2014, 12:44:58 pm »
+2
Oh, I finally understand why Americans need the right to use military grade weaponry : it's to defend from the SWAT assault teams when you forget to pay your parking ticket.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2014, 01:09:35 pm »
+1
Oh, I finally understand why Americans need the right to use military grade weaponry : it's to defend from the SWAT assault teams when you forget to pay your parking ticket.

lmfao, when you forget to pay your parking ticket they first send drones to your neighbours house and blind their children for life with flashbangs and kill their home pets then they come raid you with APCs as the dangerous criminal you are. god bless murica

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2014, 02:01:11 pm »
I don't know if you guys caught it early in the thread, but this was a pretty illuminating article: http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=116574

I liked the article, but there is two problems with the OP logic:

He says that the police doesnt need to be heavily armed, because "less than one-eighth of 1% of homicides in the U.S. were committed with a military-grade weapon" (1991 study; 2002 and 2004 studies confirms). If he had chosen a study which analyzed the number of civilians using military-grade weapon (not necessarily killed, but just fired upon) AND in the cases of police raids (not just "in the U.S.") it would be related to the actual subject. Not to add that even handguns and rifles can kill a man. Blatant misuse of statistic.

To compare with the "improbability" of being killed by assaults rifles in the U.S., the OP then proceeds to illustrate by telling individual situations where the police use of force was disproportionnated and end up with "In my own research, I have collected over 50 examples in which innocent people were killed in raids". Over the course of fifty years since the creation of the "warrior cop", that is extremely low. Each cases are tragic, but if, as the OP said, the number of police raids increased from a few hundreds to 50,000 per year (2005 statistic), and there is not dozens hundreds of innocent bystanders killed for "nonviolent and consensual crimes" each year, I would say the police is doing a fine job.

For each death, there can be dozens of wounded/ransacked homes, this is already more of a problem.

TL;DR: not impressed by the arguments of the guy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:08:16 pm by Butan »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2014, 02:46:25 pm »
+2
Cops need heavy firearms to protect themselves from heavly armed criminals,
civilians need heavy firearms to protect themselves from heavly armed criminals and police,
criminals need heavy firearms to protect themselves from heavly armed civilians and police.

I still say its cause of their stupid gunlaws. Id be scared shitless of everything too if I was a US cop and was fully aware that every bloke including their cat was packing some serius heat in their basement. I dont honestly get their love for firearms. The statement "im using this to protect my family and criminals will get guns anyway" is utter bullshit and pretty much a made up practical reason to hide the fact that they just like to own guns.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2014, 09:15:40 pm »