Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 60648 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2014, 11:59:33 pm »
Been a number of no-knock raids fouled up in my neighboring city of St. Paul lately. One wound up with officers killing some dogs (even if they were charged, there are obviously other less violent options, mace, club) and cuffing some (young- under 10) year old children and having them lay next to the bodies. They wound up finding a single water-pipe and a small amount of marijuana, for which they issued the homeowner a $200 fine, the highest possible for the misdemeanor offense.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #286 on: September 15, 2014, 11:05:50 am »
I bet those two policeman knocked first and then shot a suicidal guy  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 15, 2014, 04:27:48 pm »
Here's a couple more recent ones.

Police tase 8-year-old girl

Police throw a 10-year-old autistic boy on hot car to "cool off"

What kind of useless piece of shit can't safely take a knife away from an 8yo girl and has to resort to a taser (flesh-barb taser, mind you)?  That one really bugs me.  What a coward.

I don't think the police image will be changing for the better any time soon.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2492
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »
Opened the second link, seen the picture, went to read some comments... this has such racism based trololol potential but that's not my thing so I'll leave it to Xant to bait someone into "discussion".

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2014, 04:52:57 pm »
Police tase 8-year-old girl

Police throw a 10-year-old autistic boy on hot car to "cool off"

Both links shows a situation where tantruming children could have potentially harmed themselves or others, police arrived, defused the situation, everyone is safe and no laws were broken, and there is something wrong?

:?

INB4 harmless children dont have the strenght to cut with knives/scissors.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2014, 08:53:39 pm »
Guess the parents should be happy their kids are not dead :|
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1421
  • Infamy: 728
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 15, 2014, 09:10:09 pm »
Second kid is autistic, would be no real loss there?  :wink: :wink:

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2014, 09:20:15 pm »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2014, 09:26:07 pm »
+3
If someone still doesn't know, that video is fake and based off like a 100 year or so old anecdote. Come on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighthouse_and_naval_vessel_urban_legend#History

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2014, 09:48:14 pm »
I doubt he had come .....
should be on board the radar  :D
or the captain was blind ... or was masturbating or or .....
however, I found this video funny as sarcastically reflects the philosophy of American :D

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2014, 10:12:58 pm »
Both links shows a situation where tantruming children could have potentially harmed themselves or others, police arrived, defused the situation, everyone is safe and no laws were broken, and there is something wrong?

:?

INB4 harmless children dont have the strenght to cut with knives/scissors.

You must be a hard boy to be scared of 8 year old girls with knifes   :lol:
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2014, 11:41:26 pm »
Having experienced both corrupt cops and the gangbanger floatsam and jetsam of the US (I'm 10 miles away from a correctional facility), there's no real side to take.

The easy solution is to avoid any of the major 'murican cities, and thereby bypass the worst of the police, thugs, and Anon invalids.  Its as if this entire country is one big GTA parody

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #297 on: September 16, 2014, 12:45:58 am »
While this particular skirmish wasn't lost, it does suggest that many district attorneys don't care for fourth amendment rights. All it takes is enough money behind the next decision, and it'll probably end up similar to our right to propose election reform.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 16, 2014, 01:02:02 am »
+2
While this particular skirmish wasn't lost, it does suggest that many district attorneys don't care for fourth amendment rights. All it takes is enough money behind the next decision, and it'll probably end up similar to our right to propose election reform.

Term limits for those black robed justices would be lovely.  Fuck life appointments

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1027
  • Infamy: 1252
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2014, 02:20:11 am »

Cellphones are easy way to track someone but not the scariest. Yes there are voice records, bunch of pictures, videos, other private documents. But using smartphone in such ways is like giving them the right to track you. Higher fidelity satellite images are what is really terrifying. Number of commercial satellites serving that very purpose is increasing every day and your government is issuing right to commercial businesses to use equipment that is capable of taking images of increasingly higher resolution. Right now I think the limit is at 50 cm for pixel size. If it stays that way, it won't be that much of a issues. But if it goes down, there might be a problem, big problem.

I'm not talking about typical conspiracy theory where USA government is tracking us, that is now taken for granted. I'm talking about having thousands of civilian companies having the same right. Soon we'll be able to see every fine detail on services on Google Street Maps and with computer technology growing by leaps and bounds in few decades those still images will be converted into real time 3D highly realistic interactive videos (practically something like video games). There will be virtually no place to hide, voluntary or not everybody will be tracked in every imaginable way by multiple parties at the same time. So far only Paypal has access to my bank account, in the future every single service provider (common term for IT companies of the future, because they will be providing various services) will have access to your bank account and not just that. Number of tracking sensors on "smart" technological units will increase and they all will be interconnected and companies will claim they won't use that data for their own gain (one huge lie). So far only smartphones are the massive thing. In the future smartwatches market will grow, smart home appliances will spread to less fortunate when they find a way to cut the prices. Augmented reality glasses and virtual reality headsets hand in hand will provide entertainment and take our privacy away, collect as much data as possible and send it to huge clusters of computers for further alysis. This is happening already, but it's going to become many order of magnitude bigger.

You think movies depicted future as scary. You know nothing. It will be million times worse. Good thing, I won't be alive for more then 50 years from now and probably won't live during the worst times that are bound to come.

After all, no one with power gives a fuck about your 200 years old fourth amendment. There are businesses to be taken care of and it doesn't matter at what cost they come.