Author Topic: 0.3.3.5  (Read 28247 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: 0.3.3.5
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2014, 12:48:09 am »
+6
gf guys he buffed torch now I can be even more deadly with my MW torch feel the burnnnnnn
You DO shout fire related taunts whenever you kill someone with it, right?

"By fire be purged!"
"Need a light?"
"You're looking hot today/tonight"
"Smoking!"
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2014, 07:13:28 pm »
+1
May you fix "Colored Pelt Hood" ?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2014, 08:49:15 pm »
+3
You DO shout fire related taunts whenever you kill someone with it, right?

"By fire be purged!"
"Need a light?"
"You're looking hot today/tonight"
"Smoking!"

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...  Damn, bubblegum hasn't been invented yet.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2014, 09:35:08 pm »
"Is that chainmail or are you wearing a skirt?"
"That's a big sword. Compensating?"
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2014, 01:56:04 pm »
+7
The past few years described from an all-time dedicated-throwing point of view:

The whole "feeling" changed a lot. When i started throwing it was more like a really fast paced, dynamic combat. Always switching between throwing and melee, never standing still, jumping around like a rabbit etc. And it was most fun - eventhough i got onehit all the time... and wasn't really able to kill sh**.

Then there was the "golden ages" when i finally got used to that type of gameplay and changed my build to a 15/24 agi build. Accuracy was fine, damage was quite good but not OP, ammo was OK - after all the class was helping the whole team countering cav - and at the same time it was strong strong on it's own. The offensive-potential was average i'd say... maybe not as good as the classic melee classes but decent. You were able to actually really get the job done if you were carefull and fast.

Archers were the main nemesis, but at least you could kill them with 1 or two shots (low armor) once you got close...

Then there was the "high damage, low ammo ages". Heavy throwing axes now only had 2 ammo but more damage - at the same time, franciscas and throwing axes had more ammo but less damage - i think that was the first time our devs changed their vision on what role throwing will play in the future. It gave more diversity to the throwing axes, but by limiting the Ammo to 2 on HTA, most of the players decided to rather stick to stick-throwing. The ammount of throwers increased a lot after that patch. But after all, it was still playable and still fun.

However during this period, those who kept their axes in hands - me included - were able to oneshot warhorses, when they were charging. Throwing now was kind of too strong... at least IMO.

BUT: For me the whole "thrill" of being a thrower was just gone... There were too many of them - and most of them were using oneshot lances. Also changing weapon modes wasn't as "immediate" as it used to. It was much more difficult to actually keep the high speed - dynamic back and forth style i've acquired in the past years. I just felt slow. Strong, but slow. One word:

changed (and not into something good)

For me it was really hard to react to these changes because i still tried to play my old "style" - which just wasn't working anymore. For those who don't know what i'm talking about:

Imagine you're a 2 hander and all of a sudden your hit-animations are at half speed while your damage was doubled.

I was playing a completely different class after this patch. I couldn't use the stuff i've learned anymore.

At this time i tried loads of different builds cus i just couldn't enjoy my favourite class anymore.

Then there came the recent "back to 3 ammo"- patch which made me respec to my old 15/24 build again (i was cav before). When i first played a few rounds i was like "yeah!!!! good old times weeeeeeeee" - but then i kinda got disenchanted when i finally closed in on an archer that was trying to shoot me (also hit me once, taking 75% of my hp) - i thought "and now that fucker's gonna die" and threw my first axe - hitting his head (his armor: byrnie, rus cav boots, leather gloves and some nordic helmet). But the dude just kept shooting. so i threw my second axe - missed. the third one hit his chest, he pulled his sword and charged. I switched to melee, hitting him once more - he did not drop - he stabbed me with his lil short sword and i died. And i was like :

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"but ok" i thought, "you can't be lucky every round" and kept on playing.

But when i realized, that i couldn't even kill a low lvl peasant with a pitchfork and a shirt with 2 !!!!!!!! (+3) HEAVY throwing axes, i kinda felt betrayed.

Heavy Armor - 2h heros didn't even seem to care about my axes at all since 50% of them just disappeard making that funny "chhhrp ching" sound that's played when a hit bounces, dealing no damage...

So the bottom line is:

-I need 10 of my 12 axes to kill the average player.
-I still pay the same ammount of upkeep for the axes.
-The weight is still too much and the damage is not balancing this penalty anymore
-Did i just say "damage"?
-A really enjoyable build, that worked just fine for 16 gens, is now completely useless.
-The new accuracy and speed on axes is not even noticable at all.

Throwing is dead at the moment.

and all i can do is hoping it'll get resurrected one day - and providing feedback.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:21:54 pm by Finuad »
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
A fine wall you have made here. Didn't know you were an engineer.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2014, 04:51:47 pm »
+2
til you need to be an engineer to build walls

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »
(click to show/hide)

5/5 would read again
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2014, 05:41:37 pm »
Donkey, we need new gameplay ideas, not those boring 9000 patches with... "ball lance".

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I was going to write a walls of text about throwing since the last patch. But everything is here.
Now as str thrower (30/15) 2 jarids are not enough for agi guys. Same for a horse archer charging to me.

You wanted to kill throwing ? Done

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »
Everyone knows we can't have throwers do more damage than archers. That's just not fair.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2014, 06:38:34 pm »
Everyone knows we can't have throwers do more damage than archers. That's just not fair.
Which is why they only do less damage if you're comparing vastly different(or unrealistic) scenarios.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2014, 07:11:33 pm »
+2
Which is why they only do less damage if you're comparing vastly different(or unrealistic) scenarios.
Riding around with my horse on EU 1.

Charging throwers is completely safe cause they rarely hit and when they do it's never more than 50% of my health.

Charging archers is suicide if they spot me because they got 90% accuracy and do 50% minimum of my health.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2014, 07:58:12 am »
+5

-A really enjoyable build, that worked just fine for 16 gens, is now completely useless.

cRPG in a nutshell
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline blackrose_Baron_Geoff

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2014, 03:20:36 pm »
what a shock more weapon nerfs

Were's the new game type
or some info on battlegrounds the game your community payed for