Author Topic: *****Rally against the Grey Order  (Read 35059 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Re: *****Rally against the Grey Order
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2014, 07:35:47 pm »
I blame Fips chadz cuz he said that small clans are okay and big not. In this way he programed our minds and pushed us into addiction. He reached counterproductive effect and instead of increasing numbers of clan members and whole community, he killed strat. Of course I'm trolling right now, but in this is a bit of true. I will try to find reasonable solution, but this time we really need devs help or maybe we just should let strat die... :( sad panda
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »
+5
Honestly, for game like this there are two ways:

1. Huge blocks ftw(strat 4.0 is the best example)

2. 4-5 predefined sides with Game Masters that are handling diplomacy instead of faction leaders to keep game interesting and odds even.
First is what we have now
Second can be discussed and implemented, not by current devs since they are busy with new game and it would be huge time waste for them, but by other coders that would work on strat. I believe there are people in this community who would like to invest their time and skills in strategus, several user-made extensions and strategus enhancer by Guika proves it.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2014, 08:46:53 pm »
+6
Strategus as a war simulator is perfect. Stronger alway wins and war are won by numbers and strong economy. Some of us (don't want to use name of this Nazguls ;) ) are playing to win no matter of cost (aka not for fun for both sides). You can not change ppl mind  by discussion on forum. You can do it only by game mechanics/ rules.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »
+2
Yes, I also would prefer complete freedom in sandbox game. However that is what we have now, and we see obvious problems from it.

On other hand idea with GM also need some thinking because it could destroy fun as well - what's point in doing your best when you can't kill your enemy - evil GM will prevent it.
The only idea that comes to my mind is rewarding it with more XP and probably some crpg gold or even heirlooms.

Like faction A succesfully pushed to lands of faction B capturing town and two castles. GM arranges peace agreement by which faction A get only 1 castle, returning town and second castle to faction B, but also faction A get 1 heirloom and 100k crpg gold reparations.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2014, 10:43:45 pm »
+4
Yes, I also would prefer complete freedom in sandbox game. However that is what we have now, and we see obvious problems from it.

On other hand idea with GM also need some thinking because it could destroy fun as well - what's point in doing your best when you can't kill your enemy - evil GM will prevent it.
The only idea that comes to my mind is rewarding it with more XP and probably some crpg gold or even heirlooms.

Like faction A succesfully pushed to lands of faction B capturing town and two castles. GM arranges peace agreement by which faction A get only 1 castle, returning town and second castle to faction B, but also faction A get 1 heirloom and 100k crpg gold reparations.

I was thinking something along the same lines.  Sandbox is good but if there was an optional endgame and optional elements of feudal structure it might help keep more players interested and mix things up a bit each round.

Instead of a couple GM leading factions though, I think it'd be fun to have a round where you could create your own faction just like now but could only choose from 6 colors that represented kingdoms or white to represent no kingdom.  Then the endgame would be to have your color control the entire map.  No big reworking of the game as far as coding and it would still be a sandbox where you could fight anyone even those with the same kingdom color.

It would also give new players the option to become a part of something right away and have a goal to work toward.  Then they might join a clan within that kingdom at some point.  It'd be up to the players to name their kingdoms, vote or fight for leadership and control of fiefs within a kingdom, create drama, etc. 

Maybe there could even be a reward for players at the end of the round and it would be higher or lower depending on how long you were in the kingdom that won, to lessen the benefit of mass switching to the winning faction at the end.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2014, 10:46:37 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
[/quote]

That's a bloody good idea, I'd upvote but for some reason i can't  :cry:

Offline Matim

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • My rouncey feeds on human flesh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nilfgaard
« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »
+1
Not choose - get your kingdom randomly
Or with few guys - up to 6 ppl in the "squad"

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2014, 11:14:07 pm »
+1
Except that then imagine (in SP terms), DRZ dominate the Sarranid Sultanate (desert faction), Grey Order dominate Swadia (their lands), and by chance those two kingdoms never go to war with each other. Does that start ringing a bell now?
You cannot force them to go to war, if they do not wish to, they will never do it. And that's fine, it adds to the complexity of the situation...

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2014, 11:31:21 pm »
+2
I was thinking something along the same lines.  Sandbox is good but if there was an optional endgame and optional elements of feudal structure it might help keep more players interested and mix things up a bit each round.

Instead of a couple GM leading factions though, I think it'd be fun to have a round where you could create your own faction just like now but could only choose from 6 colors that represented kingdoms or white to represent no kingdom.  Then the endgame would be to have your color control the entire map.  No big reworking of the game as far as coding and it would still be a sandbox where you could fight anyone even those with the same kingdom color.

It would also give new players the option to become a part of something right away and have a goal to work toward.  Then they might join a clan within that kingdom at some point.  It'd be up to the players to name their kingdoms, vote or fight for leadership and control of fiefs within a kingdom, create drama, etc. 

Maybe there could even be a reward for players at the end of the round and it would be higher or lower depending on how long you were in the kingdom that won, to lessen the benefit of mass switching to the winning faction at the end.
yeah this idea (has been proposed numerious times over the years) has always intrigued me the most for strat, i really hope such a model would finally be implemented for strat, cus the only new stuff we have gotten in the last versions is more  micromanagement, wich hasnt really improved the mode gameplay wise, but to the contrary made strat even more tedious for new/small clans or random players.
strat could use some fresher changes instead of the continous micromanagement "updates".

And yes ppl should be randomly put into these kingdoms.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »
+4
The trouble is that the game is based to heavily on grinding troops which takes away most of the bloody strategy.

Most battles are close enough 1 for 1 slugfests that the only defining point of victory is "he has most troop farmers wins".

If troops were an s&d style object recruited from fiefs the game would become far more strategic.

Capturing and holding fiefs would actually have an impact.

Not to mention the idea that was floated not long ago about strat hero's gaining renown through winning battles and epic trade runs. If you could only hire 300 troops and had to win battles to increase that cap, well!

Then just make participating in a strat battle give an auto 50k of exp and perhaps some strat gold and people will be a over it!!!

Then starts motto would be "who dares wins" instead of "who care bears hardest is sublime leader of amaze balls trade simulator"

I am Frank, therefore I am right.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2014, 11:47:21 pm »
Except that then imagine (in SP terms), DRZ dominate the Sarranid Sultanate (desert faction), Grey Order dominate Swadia (their lands), and by chance those two kingdoms never go to war with each other. Does that start ringing a bell now?
You cannot force them to go to war, if they do not wish to, they will never do it. And that's fine, it adds to the complexity of the situation...

Only one of them would get the rewards for winning then, plus there'd be other factions who would have the same color as one or the other too so it wouldn't really matter if they don't fight each other.  Or if they or some other big factions just joined the same color kingdom from the start it would at least be official as far as seeing who is allied from the beginning so it might be a clearer impetus for other kingdoms to gang up on them.

Something like this 6 faction kingdom game could be purely option too, so people could still pick any color they want in the info screen and play the game exactly as it is now if they want to have the color pink or aqua ect.... but have the option to select a kingdom next to your faction color number in the info screen if you did want to take part then maybe get a special second color or banner over your dot on the map to show you're playing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:51:40 pm by Knute »

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2014, 12:07:16 am »
All of those are great ideas but everything can be somehow misused, in the end it is always about the attitude of the players and since Greys abused the game mechanics so many times in the past I dont think theyre gonna change anything about their attitude, I thought maybe the Greys would leave the clan after everybody started spitting on them because Harpag got caught multiaccounting again, before then it was the autoblock, yet they still got so many players who apparently do not mind, what more, there are actually people leaving other clans to join them lel, apparently there are no morals in this game and as long as they keep winning nobody minds they are just a piece of shit that proved many times in the past they cant play fair. Everybody just cares about the gold and exp, if you guys are so obsessed just with the results of the game, why dont you make your own server and get instant lvl99 with every fief on the map, with endless gold, seems like lots of fun yaaay greedy little bitches
(click to show/hide)

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2014, 12:08:22 am »
Yeah that's a cool idea Knute. But being put into random factions wouldn't work as you'd be made to work with people you may not like and then that would not be fun, personally i enjoy playing strat with friends. I think it would have to be your choice but the 6 factions can never have like 5 more players than the others, so for any faction to become big, the others would have to too.

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2014, 09:57:37 am »
+11
fck! HRE is coming!

Igni et ferro

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2014, 10:15:54 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

We're working on something cooler than a blog.