Author Topic: *****Rally against the Grey Order  (Read 34820 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: *****Rally against the Grey Order
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2014, 03:02:44 pm »
i try to make it simple.

If i had 20 fiefs, i could easily have 7 of them making nice stuff, looming and discounts and i still would have an awesome economy. If i then have partners who also have 20 or more fiefs, i then get to talk to them and some variation would round up the gear pretty neatly, from the start. If those partners then are able to make 350%+ tradebonus within their own realm, they are therefor would be never threatened economicly ...

If i but, would have 20 factions, with 1 to 5 fiefs each, whereby 7 factions are totally new to strat, another 7 do what ever the fuck they want and the remaining 6 have overall perhaps 10 to 14 fiefs together, then that results in serrious limitations in terms of equipment and economy. Not to speak about not always perfect trade bonus as those 20 clans operate on a smaller chunk of the map already.

Also speaking of 7 new clans, up in the north, who still try to get all their members informed about game mechanics and yes i am helping them in these things to my best knowledge, they also still need to get trade done ... in a meaningfull amount. While but their S&D is constantly used up by Bubastan and Mercs(yadayadayaday white fiefs are free yada ... get the fuck out of the north)

So please get from your high horse already telling us shit about how things have to be done, 1-2 weeks ago you were still crying at Hetmans shoulder for more reinforcements and would have been clearly wiped without GO, where had there been your strategic genious? Only after your sugar deady intervened, you came back on your feet. You yourself acted more or less on the level of cooperation, whom wonder why ^^ didnt have others helping them or even were prepared in the slightest.
Both you and Cooperation, havent had 1/3 less faction members then your enemies together at the time and both of you were pretty much done after 2-3 days. I dont say i would have done better against DRZ or Kalmarunion, but when i hear talks about strategy being the reasons ... pffff.

Again I myself,
i will not put the same effort into this game as i did before,
i will tutor who wants to be tutored,
i will try to find a place for smaller and/or new factions and try to settle conflicts,
i am not their fucking leader nor their dady solving all their fucked up inmature problems for them.

Guess why i got a minimum age requirement in my clan, my patience with stupid is not that high, but my rage level when the last straw is taken.

So if you are looking for a new sugar dady on the ^^ other side ^^ , dude what fucking other side are you talking about, there is GO/DRZ .... and then ... for a long time .... there is nothing. So stay in your embryo state surrounded by the plazenta of Kapis, Hetman and DRZ, feel nice and cosy and feel slowly the realization growing on you .. you are the winner as part of UIF ... gg cya in 10 months.

or well grow some balls
i also love RTS games and played them a lot, my guess for quite a bit longer period of time then you have, that but aside. Ask GO about me in strategus 3 and the eco system i introduced back then and my fucking spreadsheats. Since then i became ... even more organized, but we are talking here about a 40 man faction, lots of new guys again in strat in that faction and quite some not that active. Till today i waited for a week to get something done in Rebache as the lord was afk(yeah Callum all good now ;) raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage ), i was just about to start attacking it today

... bigger factions, higher chance for more active players who do shit
... more active players more eu2 steamrole, more tickets, more XP , better chance in battles
... more tickets more money sooner more troops sooner
... more sooner, more money later, sooner castles
... more active players ... able to controll more area ... results again in more money ... better gear

I am so tired about people pointing out the reason for UIF dominance would be they are better organized, so not true. The thing is due to their former success which where mostly because of big numbers, they have a bigger pool of people staying within their clan playing this shit, because their had been success. I and others need to teach in a higher frequency new participants, as when you would be on the loosing side of things ... oh wonder ... people leave and join the victories side. So there we have the steady growing on one side and the stagnation or decline within other factions.
Can you remember all the factions/clans from strat 1 to 4, how many of these still exist? Why did so many leave? How is it, many of those who are still alife do have so much less members.

Organization is not a magical thing in this, and getting a grib on it is only about not being lazy and getting shit done. The major part is having players, but I dont want to have a fucking huge clan, i want personal contact with my members, actually know them all and get to know them better over time.
The bigger the clan, the more unpersonal things get between most members. I dont like that, so i try not too grow Fenris anymore, I replace now and then, i keep steady for nearly 2 months and will keep that way, till i have the feeling we would be in a state that another 20 would not hurt, then with 70 people this is like the absolute maximum and already far beyond the optimum. The optimum, if these players would be all active you have arround 40 members, that as least is something you can organize rather easy in my experience and still have enough time for all members. So if you would care and try to imagin that that is what is actually what i myself aim for, then you would also perhaps begin to understand why others will not aim for bigger clans, factions or even alliances. Again, this is a problem of the game mechanic as i see it and chadz does too. Out of my view, a clan/faction with 50ish+ members should have never been possible or advantageous in frist place.

Also why would i want to fight against the odds? why would i build up when i know that the outcome is the same? To have a title of castle for a while? Man the level of brain damage i would need to do something only because of a fucking title .. could have had the legendary for over a year.
It boils down to, i am different, you are too. UIF philosphy is good as long there are enemies and a challange, but currently i see none for GO & DRZ. It would need perhaps perhaps you and Kapis together to be able to make a differance and even then nothing is sure.

@OdE/SB
FAIL

why do you have to write so much, you can't expect me to read 5 pages of bloody text -_-

@grandmom, i also told hetman the same thing, but he is being a little girl and refuses to do it
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2014, 03:36:29 pm »
+1
This game has the potential to be the greatest game ever in my opinion and according to my taste in games

Fewer and fewer guys play it and soon it will die

It needs a flame, its needs a balanced war between the two titans in EU

Grey Order and Druzhina has the key to unlock it

If you dont, this game will be dead within some weeks

Thats all there is to it, even if you think there are clans able to fight your alliance at this point - there is not

Harpag, Nebun, Sultan Ozan - either you talk to each other and decide you want to make an effort to make an interessting war that will draw the people back into Strategus or you dont and it dies.

And no matter who anyones blames, who anyone says is responsable or who anyone is doing shit wrong or right - this is the fact that cant be argued over.

And I am not saying you arent allowed to play however you want to play the game, and I know you like to be in your comfortzone, and I know that you like to win (who doesnt?) but above all that - Im hoping you like to have good wars and the ability to keep on playing this game.

This game will not exist if you dont make that war happen

Whoops, posted too early. More to come...

[More:]

I heard "this mod is dying" many times over few last years. Yet it is still here, and you are here.

What I read here is: "GO is big, Druzhina is big. We stand no chance. So we will not play. And it is their fault."  Hell no. It is YOUR fault. It is you who are lazy, unorganized whining pussies. We just do our job. We collect resources, and try to capture our claim. It is not done yet. We try to play in organized, planned manner, as the STRATEGIC game deserves.

Last strat  GO was one of the more active clans. Did we capture whole map? No. Did we want to capture the whole map? No. Did we have fun? Yes. Nothing have changed since then.

[More 2]

This threads's topic is "Rally against the Grey Order". Very good. I expected, somehow,  that it is going to be a real rally on the map. Clearly it turned out to be a "forum rally".  The first quick round of attacks failed so it's over, right? Sad. FFS this Strat was started 2+ months ago!!! And the first month was spent on earning itty bitty amount of cash to start decent economy. What do you expect? That we will suddenly start mindless wars with everyone? Hell no. This is Strategus, not Moronus.

Knitler wrote it some time ago, and I agree: it is doable to wipe us off the map. You just need to WANT. And work for it. We do work hard, we constantly strive to get stronger. Do you?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:59:05 pm by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:33 pm »
i told hetman the same thing on teamspeak but that wont happening mate, i can assure u, i feel bad as well.

then sign up for us :D (under pseudonym)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2014, 04:02:59 pm »
+2
Whoops, posted too early. More to come...

[More:]

I heard "this mod is dying" many times over few last years. Yet it is still here, and you are here.

What I read here is: "GO is big, Druzhina is big. We stand no chance. So we will not play. And it is their fault."  Hell no. It is YOUR fault. It is you who are lazy, unorganized whining pussies. We just do our job. We collect resources, and try to capture our claim. It is not done yet. We try to play in organized, planned manner, as the STRATEGIC game deserves.

Last strat  GO was one of the more active clans. Did we capture whole map? No. Did we want to capture the whole map? No. Did we have fun? Yes. Nothing have changed since then.

[More 2]

This threads's topic is "Rally against the Grey Order". Very good. I expected, somehow,  that it is going to be a real rally on the map. Clearly it turned out to be a "forum rally".  The first quick round of attacks failed so it's over, right? Sad. FFS this Strat was started 2+ months ago!!! And the first month was spent on earning itty bitty amount of cash to start decent economy. What do you expect? That we will suddenly start mindless wars with everyone? Hell no. This is Strategus, not Moronus.

Knitler wrote it some time ago, and I agree: it is doable to wipe us off the map. You just need to WANT. And work for it. We do work hard, we constantly strive to get stronger. Do you?

So be it

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2014, 04:04:36 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2014, 04:28:03 pm »
+1
... we constantly strive to get stronger bigger. Do you?
no
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2014, 04:45:08 pm »
+9
As for me, both "views" have a point.

Those who say that game will benefit a lot from Greys and Drz fighting each other - they are right
Those who say that it's your fault that you can't destroy UIF, or at least be equally strong - they are right too

Everything depends on personal attitude to game.
Some like arcades, where you don't have to waste your time for micromanagement - only action and fun. Others like micromanagement and building "empires".
GM as a chessplayer wants difficult challange - it's his fun, Nebun wants entertainment for a faction - the way he sees it, I like playing in a big team - I will hardly ever join 5ppl faction etc

When you start discussing this matter in the way you do:
-"Strat is over if UIF doesn't split up"
-"Shut up you whiners, try to do smth"
-"We don't want to. you are just too big, we don't want to form a block"
-"It's you problems, fuck off QQ more"
-"You should fight each other and give others a chance"
etc
you will never come to any positive solution. Cause everyone wants to play this game the way HE likes it (but not the way someone wants him to play).
It's more than OBVIOUS and it's absolutely OK.

As for me Strategus mod (if devs want to see it alive) needs lots of changes in ingame diplomacy, trading system, and faction management etc.
And this is the only possible solution in our situation. But.. in fact it's just a dream and I'm pretty sure devs don't give a fck about your quarrels.
They are busy with their game, also don't forget about coming Bannerlord. Seems like investing time in Strat isn't the best idea for dev team atm.
Igni et ferro

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2014, 04:51:59 pm »
+2
My personal suggestion for the COMMUNITY (including GO and DRZ and Kapikulus):

If you DO want to make strategus better you SHOULD STOP your discussions "WHY I HATE MY FOES" or "how YOU should play strat to mek it good for ME" and start another discussion "WHY (AND HOW) DO I LOVE PLAYING STRATEGUS" and share with everyone your way you want to play strategus.

This could be a first step in making Strat fun for everyone.
But it would be the last step if devs rly don't give a shit
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:56:55 pm by Zaharist »
Igni et ferro

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2014, 04:52:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)

+1000

The only comment I have:

Cause everyone wants to play this game the way HE/SHE likes it (but not the way someone wants him/her to

:D

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2014, 04:54:14 pm »
+2
...He/Amazonka/Aska/Queen of the Grey/Illyanka likes it...
 :lol:
Igni et ferro

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »
+1
+1 for Ben Franklin quote on EU

While we're quoting Americans...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
    - Teddy Roosevelt

"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:49 pm »
+2
another idea is to play like UIF doesnt exist. Fight each other in the way you want. if UIF then attacks with huge numbers, just let them have battles 60 vs 0 and move further north. This can be done until the whole map ist lost as playground and in UIF has it all. Small factions have theyr war like they want, UIF will win the last Strat. btw im pretty sure its the last Strat ... crpq is not dead, but just too old

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2014, 05:48:48 pm »
+13
Well I think it is clear that nobody is autistic enough to form a mega-block to fight DRZ and GO again, so I think it is safe to assume that Strategus 5 is over. Congratulations on the win and congratulations on killing Strategus.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2014, 06:05:08 pm »
Heskey, you play long enough to know better than this.

And i love how organised and planned Greys are, i was really looking forward to fighting you for that reason. But the way you fight now you can't claim you're winning through good planning, right now you're winning through numbers. Beating us at the grind-game.

Strategus IS - to some extent - a grind game. Complaints should be addressed to devs. Besides, does it really require so much to realize that? Resources are equally important as actual fights. No resources = no fights. Shitty management = shitty gear, shitty battles. Strategus not Moronus. Numbers of what? Players? Not really, if you count carefully.

If you don't want to capture the whole map, why are you playing like this? Your approach this map seems determined to wipe the rest of us off the map so you have nothing to fight later. Call us whiny pussies now, but if you succede in killing all competition we all know who'll be crying about it months later.

Playing like what? Did we run attacks on any of our neighbours? Did we run any attacks on anyone who did not attacked us first? No. It may change over time, but I really cant see what leads you to this conclusion.

No, we attacked Shogun and the first round of attacks went well, then Greys and Druz came to bail out Shogun and capture their fiefs for safekeeping before re-transferring. We couldn't fight Shogun alone with Greys looming over it. So we attacked Greys, and then Druzhina come in from behind. We can't commit fully against Greys with Druzhina looming over us. And guess what, even if we managed all your factions, Kapi haven't even committed yet, so guess who's gonna attack us/bail you out in the ridiculous scenario where we begin winning vs Greys and Druz?

I do not agree. You could. If you played that smart. We did not do much in that case. Some diplomacy (real one, not forum war songs), some preventive moves and these attacks could turn out different.  Instead you went out crying war cries, and moved like a barbarian horde in one direction. Diplomacy is a part of the game. Shogunate turned out better than you in that case. Economic warfare is a part of a game too. I can't see much of it. Strategus not Moronus.

Ah, you did not have resources for multiple direction attacks? Who told you to attack as soon as you get your first hatchet on +3?

You do work hard, you do strive to be organised and strong, i know it, i've seen how incredibly organised and good at the game you are, but you'll never ever get any recognition for it because you're just seen as Druzhina's bitches. Your hard work is wasted, because you have no reason to work hard when you outnumber us as much as you do.

We are seen as Druzhina's bitches? I do not feel to bitchy to be honest. You underestimate "U" and "I" in "UIF". Outnumbered? Not true. Count it for yourself.

Well I think it is clear that nobody is autistic enough to form a mega-block to fight DRZ and GO again, so I think it is safe to assume that Strategus 5 is over. Congratulations on the win and congratulations on killing Strategus.

It is a lil' bit premature, don't you think?. But all you can see that Sun Tsu was right: "Every battle is won or lost before it is ever fought." Clearly you lost yours in your mind already.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2014, 06:26:46 pm »
+3
Erasmas you guys posting that to win you should focus on economy trade and be careful etc well that was tried every strat but the simple fact is it just wont work.

To beat your economy and troop outfit we need a mega alliance of most of the other clans. This was tried and failed a few times because we don't love each other and we either turn on each other or get so bored that when the war does come everyone has already given up and quit like apostates last strat. Big clan lots of fiefs when the attacks came it collapsed because no one cared, playing trade simulator for 3 months before fighting kills most clans. The rest of the clans have too much dislike and distrust like a lot of people wouldn't move a muscle to save kinngrimm and most wouldn't help mercs unless it meant keeping us alive as a buffer.

we don't expect you to change, its a game play it how you like and people like kinn bitch because its the only thing the can do vs UIF. But at the same time dont expect everyone else to change into best friends organised alliance either.

TL;DR There will never be a large alliance of clans big enough and organised enough to fight UIF thats why they Yolo charge at the start then go do something else. Or it takes so long to build up an econ to rival yours that most people quit through lack of wars
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk