Author Topic: Dis Map Rotation Doe  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Dis Map Rotation Doe
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:38:25 am »
+26
Today during the casual NA rotation we happened upon this jewel of a map. Our great commander cup457 (on an alt) lead us to the log bridge in a revolt against this map. What I recorded was only one round of three that people jumped like lemmings to their death in a revolt against this poop map. Please enjoy the video and discuss the map rotation freely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Q3xsETck4&feature=youtu.be

(I post this video in the hopes that we can either get more people working on maps or more people finding better maps. I also posted it because its funny as hell. Hope you enjoyed!)

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
Re: Dis Map Rotation Doe
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:41:11 am »
+3
for the record, i slipped.

no ban plz

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:49:24 am »
+1
Viva le Map Rotation Revolution
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 01:51:04 am »
+1
So ehm, why exactly is it bad?

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:51:52 am »
+5

lol

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 01:57:22 am »
+11

It allows ranged to freely fire without fear of melee or cavalry and promotes a camp versus camp style of play in which if you're a melee or god forbid cav player you're essentially forced to sit back behind a tree or run up and get shot to shit.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Argoth

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Argoth
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 01:59:28 am »
+4
pls bring back native maps

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 02:00:05 am »
+3
take out the map with the huge fire pit!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 02:02:55 am »
+9
Also, flags in water is the dumbest thing.

Offline Boss

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: BongLoader_MB
  • IRC nick: BongLoader
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 02:03:57 am »
+1
for the record, i slipped.

no ban plz

"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural"
- Bill Hicks

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 02:04:49 am »
+4
It allows ranged to freely fire without fear of melee or cavalry and promotes a camp versus camp style of play in which if you're a melee or god forbid cav player you're essentially forced to sit back behind a tree or run up and get shot to shit.

Not exactly the experience i had when i played it as cav on EU1, but okay. At least that's feedback worth reading and what map makers can work with.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 02:10:14 am »
+2
The map is very large and requires melee to run very far to fight other melee on either a hill or in water which is very annoying. Cav either has free reign to slaughter ranged or is useless. There is always some leecher every round that makes every round last forever.
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 02:13:51 am »
+2
This was just a creative and fun way to get the attention of those who have control over the map rotation, and to get people discussing this map and other maps that we believe shouldn't be in the rotation.

I pretty well agree with sanderson. I look at this map like the map with the drawbridge with the small gap in the middle, only this map is a much more slow and excruciating death, wading through the water to get shot to death slowly, as opposed to jumping across the gap on the bridge, and instantly getting nudged off of ganged.

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 03:09:41 am »
+3
That valcano map...

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 04:09:34 am »
+7
Hmmm... I wonder who made that map? *whistles*

So what would you like different about it (other than moving the spawn points)? You want the spawn points on the same side of the river? Maybe some objects to provide cover? Data! Data! Data! I can't make bricks without clay!  :P

Whenever I play it, I see many ppl do complain in general but never anything specific about it. I was aiming for a balanced map when I made it, which I might have achieved too well, as every time I've played the map, no team dominates. Each team wins every other round, which I admit makes the map stay in play for a very long time and kills everyones multis.

I assumed most of the fighting to take place to the far right of the map where the ground is smoother for crossing, and the log bridge to be used by sneaky cav. I did not expect that most people would run straight through.
(click to show/hide)

As for the flag spawning in the water, I thought about placing ONE of the three flags there, but decided it would be too annoying. If you look at the picture, you'll see where the Master of the Field flags SHOULD be (and I just checked the file that is in rotation, and they are where they should be). I have no idea why it's spawning in the water, and I'm using the correct entry points (67, 68, 69).

On a side note, I sometimes see people who complain about maps just for the sake of complaining. They never have any real reason as to why they dislike a map, nor do they ever give suggestions to improve a map, or at least, never any serious suggestion. MY suggestion is that if you don't like the current maps, try making your own map. That's exactly what I did 4 years ago. I thought there wasn't enough variety (and there wasn't because all but 3 maps at the time were native maps, and they all played the same, and only 2 other people at the time were making maps and they didn't have the free time I had, so I like to think the golden age of horrible maps was mostly my doing since 50% of the non-native maps at that time were mine. Anyone remember Ice Age? The ships frozen in ice with the pointless gatehouse in the center?  :lol:), so I tried different things, different themes, and I pushed the limits (mostly the wrong limits, but I pushed limits). And I had fun doing it, and since there were no other new maps at the time, people actually gave feedback to me and made suggestions (in the midst of all the "This map sucks dragon ballz" and "Whoever made this map should die"....). There's a lot less serious feedback nowadays.

If map making isn't your cup of tea (and even if it is), if you don't like a map, please explain why. Try and be detailed. Give suggestions. It's why the scene editing thread exists. I assure you, it's main purpose isn't for map makers to inflate their already over-inflated egos (mine is quite full, let me tell you), but to receive suggestions, show current projects, and take feedback. HELP US TO HELP YOU NOT HAVE TO PLAY SHITTY MAPS!

Oh, and Horns, yes, that was funny as hell to watch. I only regret I wasn't a part of it.  :lol: