Author Topic: Keep the mod healthy: Revert Retard Mode  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
  • Faction: My Little Pony Krew
  • Game nicks: MLPK_Brony_Sudo
Keep the mod healthy: Revert Retard Mode
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:33:42 am »
Hi guys,

Before you start agreeing/disagreeing, I'd appreciate it if any new players who think they know what the mod was like 3 years ago but don't, or have never played Native, would leave without contributing. You can't compare what you haven't experienced.

I'm sure you all agree that compared to Native, cRPG combat is slow, to top it off the devs keep nerfing the shit out of all the gear. This makes the mod about as fun as a broken water-gun. It's not the devs fault that children who learn to access the forums have a whinge when they die because a player is better than them. It really misrepresents the issues of the game balance, as the devs rarely play themselves.

But really, I suggest that more wpf is allocated to all characters, or make the combat speed a bit more respectable. The vast majority of us aren't brain damaged, so don't alter the game to treat us so.

For all the people who say "mods dying" - I can assure you, this is a key reason. Combat these days is drier than a nuns nasty.
I hate it when I forget to take my fedora off at night, and I wake up neck-deep in bitches

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
Re: Keep the mod healthy: Revert Retard Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:10:23 am »
I agree on some points, I think they are nerfing things too much and that it used to be more fun.
I think the major changes that need to be made in order to maximize players are:
  • Revert turnspeed nerf
  • Change 2h stab completely
  • Nerf 1h stab - either in range or speed
  • Un-nerf lancer cav's arc, lancing is pretty well inferior to 1h cav at the moment, I know this from quite a bit of experience
  • Nerf ranged somehow, especially throwing
  • Create a gold/xp system that rewards not only individual prowess but teamplay as well, including changes to the valor system
  • Rebalance weapons such that weapons like Longswords aren't simply better than larger swords for dueling
  • Remove upkeep
  • Prioritise fun, enjoyment and addiction for the game
xo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:20:48 am by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:28:42 am »
+1
Hi guys,

Before you start agreeing/disagreeing, I'd appreciate it if any new players who think they know what the mod was like 3 years ago but don't, or have never played Native, would leave without contributing. You can't compare what you haven't experienced.

I'm sure you all agree that compared to Native, cRPG combat is slow, to top it off the devs keep nerfing the shit out of all the gear. This makes the mod about as fun as a broken water-gun. It's not the devs fault that children who learn to access the forums have a whinge when they die because a player is better than them. It really misrepresents the issues of the game balance, as the devs rarely play themselves.

But really, I suggest that more wpf is allocated to all characters, or make the combat speed a bit more respectable. The vast majority of us aren't brain damaged, so don't alter the game to treat us so.

For all the people who say "mods dying" - I can assure you, this is a key reason. Combat these days is drier than a nuns nasty.
Most people have more wpf and ath than the classes in Native.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:23 am »
Most people have more wpf and ath than the classes in Native.

Be that as it may, but the combat speed negates the point of wpf, except for the reduction in damage range.
I hate it when I forget to take my fedora off at night, and I wake up neck-deep in bitches

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:42:20 am »
+1
With Turnspeed as it stands average melee wpf could be 50 points higher
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:15:33 pm »
+1
The aussie pros want more speed! The game is too damn slow for them!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »
+2
The aussie pros want more speed! The game is too damn slow for them!

EU and NA have something I like to call "Ganksyndrome" - where the aim of the game is to pit mobs against mobs, and may the hatdest hitting get the kudos.

I'm yet to see an EU player or NA player stand out compared to the AUS community.

Please don't make me bring up the age-old Ravelyr vs. NA incident again  :rolleyes:

Made them look like a bunch of parkinsons syndrome sufferers armed with a Mac Magic Mouse
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:30:07 pm by Eugene »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »
I agree, but people want carebear combat system...

Give it a rest, you might as well stop trying.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 02:48:30 pm »
I honestly can't take a side when it cones to a majority vs. minority issue, considering a lot of players don't use the forums who have a voice unheard.

But people play, people die, people rage, people write qq/op threads. Devs nerf. Cycle repeats.

Carebear mode is so aggravating, gives you nothing to aim for, as blocking is too easily mastered in the current stage of cRPG. I think it's integral the devs look not just at the needs of new players, but also the veterans. Otherwise they come and go, evidently the "go" occurs faster than the "come", hence the dwindling number of players.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »
+2
Hi guys,

I think you are a retard if you want everyone with less than 3 years experience in this mod to leave and not discuss about the future of this game.
This oldmy old friend incest is one of the possible reasons why the influx of new players declines.

But according to the fact that I only play for a bit more than a year there is no need for you to take my post serious.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 03:59:23 pm »
I think you are a retard if you want everyone with less than 3 years experience in this mod to leave and not discuss about the future of this game.
This oldmy old friend incest is one of the possible reasons why the influx of new players declines.

But according to the fact that I only play for a bit more than a year there is no need for you to take my post serious.

This thread is largely comparing the earlier combat mechanisms of cRPG and Native against the current dumbed/slowed down combat that they have implemented in todays game. If you haven't had experience with either of the aforementioned, how can your input be as credible as someone who had played their share of Native, and been involved in the cRPG community long enough to see it's evolution?

Simply put, it can't. They will have a shallower understanding of game mechanics, as naturally less time means less experience.

*tips fedora*

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:27 pm »
edit: comment removed to please the mighty americans
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:46:00 pm by Goris »

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 11:42:57 pm »
Protip: nobody in EU or NA gives a shit about how good you Auspies think you are.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 12:32:17 am »
The problem with combat speed is the humongous amount of hits from a decent weapon the average character will take before going down. In Native, even with lots of armor, you die in maybe 4 good hits maximum. If anything, we must continue to fix exploits that allow abusers to pull off ouncounterable tricks. And I suspect this is really what you a talking about when you say "dumbing the game down". Blocking good feints/holds/whatever is hard enough for the average player, the problem is that the game is too forgiving when you make an error, not that errors are particularly rare, because they really aren't.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 01:16:13 am »
The problem with combat speed is the humongous amount of hits from a decent weapon the average character will take before going down. In Native, even with lots of armor, you die in maybe 4 good hits maximum. If anything, we must continue to fix exploits that allow abusers to pull off ouncounterable tricks. And I suspect this is really what you a talking about when you say "dumbing the game down". Blocking good feints/holds/whatever is hard enough for the average player, the problem is that the game is too forgiving when you make an error, not that errors are particularly rare, because they really aren't.

I don't follow. The native combat system just has an intensity that would really increase the feels of cRPG. I don't know what you mean by uncounterable unless you're referring to blockstun?

Protip: nobody in EU or NA gives a shit about how good you Auspies think you are.

(click to show/hide)

Protip: This thread isn't about who's good and who's not. Nor is it a rage thread, so that doesn't seem too fitting. Learn2read you monkey