3 (3.8%)
Scim needs damage
8 (10%)
Scim needs speed
7 (8.8%)
no
52 (65%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Are the scimitars still competitive with the invigorated stabbing swords?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
Re: Are the scimitars still competitive with the invigorated stabbing swords?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 07:11:18 am »
I usually use a combo of a rondel + any mace/liuyedao/niuweidao nowadays if you count the latter two as "scimitars".

I'd only use scimitar/elite scimitar with their current stats if they were equally priced with their -1 cut + stab counterparts or if they were made to cost less, since +1 cut in the base stats makes too little of a difference once the item is actually heirloomed, and the newer stabs are amazing vs cavalry.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 08:04:25 am »
Besides, when you say 1h are "fast, good damage, long range", what do you compare them to? Because if you are comparing 1h to 2h or polearms, what you are saying is the exact opposite of the truth.
1H stabs do more damage than 2h stabs and because of the animation longer 1Hs will outreach short 2Hs. Their speed is also very good. I still prefer 2H compared to 1H no shield, but 1H no shield is definitely a viable option atm.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 09:08:20 am »
1H stabs do more damage than 2h stabs and because of the animation longer 1Hs will outreach short 2Hs. Their speed is also very good. I still prefer 2H compared to 1H no shield, but 1H no shield is definitely a viable option atm.

If you almost never do anything but stab that might be a good argument, but in that case why don't you use a 2d polearm? If you use swings too, I'd take a BS/HBS/LS over any stabbing 1h any day and gain 10c on swings.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 09:26:38 am »
If you almost never do anything but stab that might be a good argument, but in that case why don't you use a 2d polearm? If you use swings too, I'd take a BS/HBS/LS over any stabbing 1h any day and gain 10c on swings.
Thats exactly why I prefer 2H, because of the overall higher damage. 1H is not that far behind though.

Offline HoboJoe

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 06:19:25 pm »
1H stabs do more damage than 2h stabs and because of the animation longer 1Hs will outreach short 2Hs
The only 2h weapon with stab that can be outreached with 1h stab is Langes Messer, which is 1h with 2h secondary mode, and even in that case it's using polearm stab animation.  :rolleyes:
I am American, and therefore it is my business to meddle in other peoples affairs.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 03:57:59 am »
+1
there is stats and then theres the curved warband-blade with odd ghost reach  :lol: