Author Topic: Italian sword or Nordic Champion?  (Read 1832 times)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Italian sword or Nordic Champion?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 07:25:35 pm »
There's no such "best" onehander, both Italian and NCS are really nice.
Just don't overuse stab with NCS, it might get you killed.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 08:30:27 pm »
+2
Italian sword is roughly an elite scimitar with a thrust.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 10:09:10 pm »
I got a +3 Side Sword, amazing weapon, love it (well you need to know how to play with it as with every weapon) with amazing stats (+3) it is: 32 cut, 30 pierce, 100 speed, 95 length.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 11:44:21 pm »
I got a +3 Side Sword, amazing weapon, love it (well you need to know how to play with it as with every weapon) with amazing stats (+3) it is: 32 cut, 30 pierce, 100 speed, 95 length.

Seriously since the side sword nerf I don't see much reason to get a +3 side sword over a +3 LEE. You get 7cm more range which is quite huge compared to 2 cut, in my opinion.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 12:30:29 am »
+4
Consider the KAS

It has near the damage on swings as the NCS

It has near the stab of the Italian sword

Has the reach of the NCS
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:41 am »
+3
Speed is king.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 12:43:33 am »
+3
IMO nordic war sword is the best sword in the game

weapons do their maximum damage at the very end of the weapon, meaning that if you have a champion sword (102 length), you'll do a lot of damage at the very end of the weapon but very little up close.

you spend the majority of your time fighting under 102 length, therefore i think the 95 length nordic war sword is the best sword in the game (high cut, speed, good length, model is not amazingly easy to see).
This isn't a thing. Where you hit with your weapon, tip or hilt, doesn't change the damage. It's the angles(horizontal attacks) or how far into the animation(what frame the hit lands on as a % of the total) that you hit, that can increase/decrease your damage. It has been discussed multiple times as it's possible with WSE, but it has never actually been implemented for cRPG.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 04:28:54 pm »
There's no such "best" onehander

yes there is when you need to pick only ONE weapon...?

of course there is many variables but surely there is a best onehander. im guessing he isn't asking to our personal taste and preferences, he wants to know what is the better weapon of the Italian and NCS.

currently I use NCS myself but I still think Italian better all-round 1h weapon and I also think that the Italian is the best 1h all-round in the armory. Italian was my first sword and I used it for a very long time. I did try other swords but they just didn't give me what the Italian gave me.

i assume we are talking strictly +3 weapons. check the stats of the Italian and compare it with all the other weapons. Italian have a nice spread of points to both stab, speed and length. that's the raw stats. try use it, you will find it incredible spammish. id say more spammish than spammitar (yeah I actually think that, Italian can stab... try spam that for a lol)

Speed is king.

indeed. its the main force that created and maintain the universe. everything is ultimately a question about speed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:36:27 pm by Sniger »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 05:50:43 pm »
Random question..is the Grosses Messer balanced? Did it ever have a secondary mode or was it just the Langes Messer?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 06:48:58 pm »
This isn't a thing. Where you hit with your weapon, tip or hilt, doesn't change the damage. It's the angles(horizontal attacks) or how far into the animation(what frame the hit lands on as a % of the total) that you hit, that can increase/decrease your damage. It has been discussed multiple times as it's possible with WSE, but it has never actually been implemented for cRPG.

regardless of how it works, longer weapons at closer ranges do lower damage

i thought you did more damage at the tip not because there's a different damage counter there for different parts of the sword or anything like that, but because the swing is fastest at that point, has the best soak value etc

edit: what i said was correct now that i reread it, swings do do their maximum damage at the tip of the weapon, like i say not because there are different damage points on a sword but because the weapon is fastest or something else i don't know the why ^^
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 06:58:24 pm »
+2
regardless of how it works, longer weapons at closer ranges do lower damage

i thought you did more damage at the tip not because there's a different damage counter there for different parts of the sword or anything like that, but because the swing is fastest at that point, has the best soak value etc

edit: what i said was correct now that i reread it, swings do do their maximum damage at the tip of the weapon, like i say not because there are different damage points on a sword but because the weapon is fastest or something else i don't know the why ^^
It's the phases of the animation. Usually you do very low damage at the very beginning and very ending of your attacks. Which part of the weapon connects has absolutely nothing with it and the reason they are not adding such a feature to cRPG is because many hiltslashing lamers (2h/polearm mostly) are playing this mod.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:10 pm »
It's the phases of the animation. Usually you do very low damage at the very beginning and very ending of your attacks. Which part of the weapon connects has absolutely nothing with it and the reason they are not adding such a feature to cRPG is because many hiltslashing lamers (2h/polearm mostly) are playing this mod.

no i know, that's what i meant, but if you attack with the earliest part of the animation it's likely a longer sword is going to get stopped earlier.

we're all saying basically the same thing, just phrased differently :P
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 09:50:17 pm »
I just picked up a Nordic Champ's Sword for my 1H/Shielder alt.

I like it a lot, now that I have a feel for its length.

The sword itself is claustrophobic and nearly useless in a tightly-packed fight, but it is absolutely murderous if you give it enough room to operate.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 11:19:13 pm »
+2

Offline andreakarasho

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _ReaL_DeaL_ - Macrone_Legionarivs
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 11:17:06 pm »
I tried in this days nordic war sword.
I felt that the nws was more low than italian, but they have the same swing speed.
Maybe it s a my impression.