Author Topic: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 16th February, 2000 CET  (Read 63540 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 16th February, 2000 CET
« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2014, 10:22:57 pm »
+1
And it would be hilarious to watch Grey Order, Druzhina and other big clans deal with this, since they can no longer offer all their members roster slots in battles.

pls...

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattleroster&id=637
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattleroster&id=635

Just two simple examples.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »
+9
how i imagine Harpovka's point of view  :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 21, 2014, 01:22:40 pm »
+2
2 things people have said here which i really agree with are

- increase "night time" timer by 4 hours

sometimes, i have to work. sometimes, my clan mates all have to work. leaving 12 hours of the day for strategus battles rather than 16 would definitely reduce those times where some jerk has set his night timer badly, you attack at half 10 and your battle gets moved to 6 in the bloody morning lol.

- removing from roster/ adding to roster after the battle has already started. this, i don't know why you can't change the roster after it's already started anyway, i don't see what advantage that brings to the game, sometimes we play 2, 3 hour strategus battles, what's the problem with making a substitution half way through? :P
we generally have a vast excess of players wanting to play the larger battles, and sometimes someone has to leave etc after a battle has already began, it'd be nice for this to be implemented :)

thanks!
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #498 on: March 21, 2014, 01:28:00 pm »
A problem with the second one you mention, Corsair (substitutions in the middle of battle), is that the server currently does not change a person's team after they are in it, so if you were to change the roster, remove 10 people and add 10 new ones, there could be issues with the 10 you remove still being in the battle fighting (although possibly not getting xp), but the other 10 also joining and getting an advantage that way.
I don't think there are any measures from preventing that from happening, although I may be wrong.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #499 on: March 23, 2014, 11:49:47 am »
@chadz
changes to item prices suck balls, not because i dislike the peasent fights, i rarely had so often that good k/ds in strat, for agi players this is heaven and if you can keep that aspect somehow i truely love it. BUT atm with the economical power of DRZ and GO, they out-tech and out-produce everyone else. They were able to spec more efficiently their fiefs and they now have mostly always superior gear as they can make unhindered their trade. This strat wont last long and it is exactly what i told you before, the huge factions and mega alliances who carebear to an extent that they break the game.
(prices of siege gear at least need to be reduced)

The fuck do something about it. Restart if needed and put GO/DRZ on different server. This aint fun.

I am still of the opinion, if you create a waterproof diplomatic system and bind economical balance to it you can get this straighten out. So once more i will descibe how i imagine it working.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requirments for the diplomatic system to work:
1) crpg clans = factions, you start already within your faction, you can but leave afterwards
2) no multiclanning possible for strategus
3) no switching of strat characters possible
just keep it simple

diplomatic system itself:
1) Faction A needs to declare war onto a Faction B, to be able to attack B.
Singleplayers can attack only other singleplayer, but still can be attacked by any factions.
2) Faction C, wanting also to attack B, can delcare war only then, if allied officially through the diplomatic system, to Faction A.
3) Disable transfering of troops, gear and silver and goods to other factions, till they are offically allied.(inbetween players also not being able to dumb stuff into fiefs)

With these basic set of rules you get controllable groups, which you then are able to balance by their active and inactive player counts.
Huge Factions and Huge Alliances, which automaticly have also more active members, you can give small movement speed malus, directly dependend on overall playercount give a increaseing rate of taxes onto goods or gear or both.

When a huge faction or alliance is declaring war onto smaller sized enemies, then you can perhaps work with the renown system, making tehm loose renown, which then could influence their ability to recruit within their faction.

Building up on these basic set of rule, you can later include different diploamtic statuses, with different reallife relating results when used:
- NAPs, you and your allies just cant declare war onto taht faction, you can break the NAP and loose renown.
- Trade agreements, enables the transfering of goods to other factions or singelplayers, till a trade agreement is made, it would not be possible.
Besides that, change the crimerate towards a rebellion rate, so that the more fiefs soemone controlls the higer the chance that troops dies. Just look at the 30ish fiefs of DRZ and you know that this is needed. The already centralized systems of any clan, are using one fief mostly atm, where they make sure the crimerate keeps 0, and then put most of the troops in there. They dont need to defend already taken fiefs with high crime rate as they just retake it with only peasent gear in it, the raid function is btw made pretty much useless due to high crimerates, where nobody with half a brain would leave behind gear inside.
Atm those small clans who either joined for the first time or are struggling with the pathetic situation through these carebear lamers of UIF(DRZ/GO/Kapis), are already going offline again, as there is no point investing time into a game where there is no chance to win it, or even be able to hold your ground at least. Your admins should check "my" pms in "my" account perhaps at times and see what i do for this game in terms of player activity and getting new clans settled.

EDIT: Questions and Clarifications you can find here
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:15:25 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #500 on: March 23, 2014, 12:17:35 pm »
+4
Some member numbers of Strat Factions:
DRZ 86
GO 97
Kapi 52
Shogunate 38
Nords 37
OdE 29
Eques 20
Bubas 24
Vandals 17
SB 23
Balde 21
Scums 20
Coorp 40
Kalmar 42
Templar 20
Mercs 43
Quincys 15
Krems 10
Fenris 43
Montesa 13
Foxes 10
HRE 28
Cataphracts 10

When we count the first 5 factions as UIF + Friends they have exactly 300 players.
When we count the rest together and call them Anti-UIFs we have 428 players.

Now tell me why uif is winning due to numbers...
They are ruling strat, because they are organized very well. Much better then these splintered Clans that are making War to each other.
They are motivated as fuck and they have the will to win this once more. You can call them "no-lifers" but what I can see is 300 working internet connections, paid by money they are earning in their lifes...

discuss^^
Bros never die!

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #501 on: March 23, 2014, 12:21:04 pm »
(click to show/hide)
You can count Bubastan out of that UIF/anti-UIF nonsense. :)
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 23, 2014, 12:31:26 pm »
+2
You can count Bubastan out of that UIF/anti-UIF nonsense. :)
Okay.
We got a third block. Lets crush them before anyone else  :lol:
Bros never die!

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #503 on: March 23, 2014, 02:35:56 pm »
bzzzzzzzz, like in reallife you cant get rid of them.

Also being crushed by only a 1/3 bigger faction in notime, that then makes your faction what? Inactive nubs with no good organization and leadership?

Also games are how the developers make them to be, i beg to differe in the current apporach of this game, being fun or fair. I would suspect bzzzz has a more casual aproach to the game, otherwise he would have stand his ground in the desert much longer, therefor would bzzzz not like the game design also respect his casualness instead making it about nolife , making it about zerging , making it about working so a "good" organization is to be achieved. All these things are not nessarily what i count in to be fun for games but nessacities in life, while games are there for giving prospects, having aspects and training for life, i again disagree on the current focus which makes you in this game a successfull player.(edit: focus being on having more active players, being able to crush anything in your way, being able to ally with other similar entities to then have no opposition left, by that breaking the game)

edit2: also please increase max nigthime by 4 hours
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:40:25 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 23, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »
Bzzzz has a name and I expect an older fellow then myself to know how to forgive, forget.

I did not say that coorp is the well organized, active as fuck group of players. We made one huge mistake in the desert, that brought us to our knees pretty damn fast and we are trying to learn out of that.
Also we are working on our organisation, but its still hard due to the lack of motivation of pretty much everyone on our side.
Bros never die!

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
« Reply #505 on: March 23, 2014, 02:54:21 pm »
+8
The only way i see it.. Is to assassinate Hetman and Nebun, therefore their lands will be split between their sons they had together and therefore their lands will be made of lots of factions instead of two block factions and all you lot can stop your whining :) :) :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2014, 12:47:33 am »
+1
The only way i see it.. Is to assassinate Hetman and Nebun, therefore their lands will be split between their sons they had together and therefore their lands will be made of lots of factions instead of two block factions and all you lot can stop your whining :) :) :)

don't be ridiculous phoenix, hetman and nebun have never had sex

(except with each other)

(click to show/hide)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2014, 08:58:40 am »
+4
Then Vovka will return to his Throne again and lead the unite Empire to the world domination.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ncromancien

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 9
  • The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Ncromancien / Barabe_Yuno_Mononoke
  • IRC nick: Ncromancien
« Reply #508 on: March 26, 2014, 04:39:32 pm »
+2
bzzzzzzzz, like in reallife you cant get rid of them.

Also being crushed by only a 1/3 bigger faction in notime, that then makes your faction what? Inactive nubs with no good organization and leadership?

Also games are how the developers make them to be, i beg to differe in the current apporach of this game, being fun or fair. I would suspect bzzzz has a more casual aproach to the game, otherwise he would have stand his ground in the desert much longer, therefor would bzzzz not like the game design also respect his casualness instead making it about nolife , making it about zerging , making it about working so a "good" organization is to be achieved. All these things are not nessarily what i count in to be fun for games but nessacities in life, while games are there for giving prospects, having aspects and training for life, i again disagree on the current focus which makes you in this game a successfull player.(edit: focus being on having more active players, being able to crush anything in your way, being able to ally with other similar entities to then have no opposition left, by that breaking the game)

edit2: also please increase max nigthime by 4 hours

As I already said, your little grudge with Chris is none of my concern, but it would be nice if you could actually be a bit more respectul toward our faction, and the guys that spent time on it. We've members that worked hard on this faction and spent a lot of their time on it. So if you please could keep this : "Inactive nubs with no good organization and leadership?" for you, it would be much appreciated.
"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 31, 2014, 12:05:36 pm »
banner balance in effect  :lol:

this is how it will always end up when there is no limit or regulations on how many can join a clan.