Author Topic: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 16th February, 2000 CET  (Read 66645 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 16th February, 2000 CET
« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2014, 11:48:09 pm »
+10
Why would i buy donkeys?
Do they carry more crates?(that i would see as the only selling argument sofar^^)

donkeys, Sumpter or Rouncy ....
Sumpter seem to make the starting trade horses, till you could afford Rouncies to speed things up.

chadz please give the donkeys super powers, so they can carry more goods then the normal horses!
give teh donkeys some love chadz  :mrgreen:

OR
EDIT: In reallife, donkeys are used also in ratehr uneven terrains ... like mountains. How about giving them an adavantage depending on terrain? Horses would be fastest in graslands and desert. Donkeys would be best in Stepp and mountains.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:29:07 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Awea

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • French dude, dev, player.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Awea
  • IRC nick: awea
« Reply #481 on: March 05, 2014, 11:59:11 am »
Can I play CRPG on mac osx ? \o/

This is a troll. I feel really sorry. For all I done. Don't follow me please. And listen this: http://www.novaplanet.com/radionova/player
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:03:10 pm by Awea »
MY LOVES: ode_le_borgne, THE_DOG, Verod, kitties, unicorns
DESOLATIONS OF AWEA: Sorry for franglish, Ranged stun, Bow, Leather, Shield, Leading, insults, CasualHardCoreGammer, Dev
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2014, 12:32:56 pm »
Note that strategus is still beta :)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #483 on: March 06, 2014, 01:12:33 pm »
the only good thing about new strat is Byz are roleplaying Shogunate again.

Respect!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #484 on: March 06, 2014, 05:57:27 pm »
+2
This is something i wrote for someone else on another thread, gathered from the little bits of info chadz said in various posts and from what i have since observed;

Crime %
It is based on prosperity+1000, so for AI fiefs who have 200 prosperity the fiefs gain 1% crime every 2 hours that the S/D is above 1200. It loses 1% crime every 2 hours that the S/D is below 1200 however. If you 0 the S/D it will take 6 days for crime to begin as a result (at 200 prosperity). It was originally only based on prosperity, but chadz realized this was too much on launch day so made it prosperity+1000.

Your party
The % is applied to your party and the garrison every minute. So if you are in a place with crime of 10%, you have got a 10% chance to lose 1 troop every minute. Over an hour you are statistically likely to lose roughly 6 troops at 10% crime. At 10% crime over 10 hours you are likely to lose 60. Etc etc. At 100% crime you will lose 60 troops an hour, so do not ever set your path to a high crime fief or wait in one.

The Solution
I'm afraid that you will have to get into new habits this Strat, only set your path to a fief if the S/D is really low with 0% crime, or if you *know* you can be active immediately when you arrive. Apart from those 2 scenarios you must get into the habit of clicking 'Move _____ to...' then clicking on the map just below the fief's name (dont click on it's name), this will take you right ontop of the fief, so when you are next active you can enter the fief immediately, conduct your business and then leave. You will not be safe and able to hide in every fief the way you could before, but this method should prevent you from suffering at the hands of the Crime Mechanic.

Additional info
I have heard many people say they lose a lot of silver due to crime, this may be a bug and yet more reasons to avoid sitting in a fief with crime.

It's kind of annoying if you're trading or just briefly looking for somewhere to sit. It'd be nice if the crime penalty only applied after X amount of time spent in a fief, so that it wasn't a big issue for traders but still applied to turtling factions. So, I could go visit a fief for a day and not have my little army suffer from it, but if I sat in there for more than 24 hours (or some other arbitrary number) the crime would start to take it's toll.

chadz pls implement now thx
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #485 on: March 06, 2014, 06:37:25 pm »
+2
Yeah the crime thing is poorly implemented.  There should be a short time period where crime does not affect your troops from deserting.  Like maybe a 5 minute window that will allow you to buy goods/equipment and then leave the fief.  The point of crime isn't to affect traders who stop in for a very brief time period, it's to stop people from stock piling troops in the fiefs.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 06, 2014, 06:47:58 pm »
+2
Yeah the crime thing is poorly implemented.  There should be a short time period where crime does not affect your troops from deserting.  Like maybe a 5 minute window that will allow you to buy goods/equipment and then leave the fief.  The point of crime isn't to affect traders who stop in for a very brief time period, it's to stop people from stock piling troops in the fiefs.

Fair point.

As opposed to 24 hours window, 5 minutes isnt exploitable, and would help some free traders to have the time to check things and leave without consequences.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #487 on: March 06, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »
+10
Then make it an hour, that people who are stuck in traffic jam are also not getting buttfucked. Does not always have to be on the shortest possible timespan and the fuck please increase the maximum nightime at least by 2 hours better by 4 -_-
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:41 pm »
+14
Seeing this thread (http://forum.melee.org/eu-%28official%29/ban-byzantium_immortality-and-renay/?topicseen) it probably should be possible for a Strat battle leader to kick and ban people from their team while being on eu3 in a battle.

Only the leader (rank 10) of a faction that participates in the battle should be able to do that and that should of course only apply to people in his own team, those he accepted to the battle and if they're wasting tickets and equipment, or simply do not listen to orders.

Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2014, 10:17:38 pm »
+13
Seeing this thread (http://forum.melee.org/eu-%28official%29/ban-byzantium_immortality-and-renay/?topicseen) it probably should be possible for a Strat battle leader to kick and ban people from their team while being on eu3 in a battle.

Only the leader (rank 10) of a faction that participates in the battle should be able to do that and that should of course only apply to people in his own team, those he accepted to the battle and if they're wasting tickets and equipment, or simply do not listen to orders.

Yeah of course you should be able to kick people from your side of the strat battle.

Those retards in that thread saying "you accepted the guy, deal with it" are fucking imbeciles. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
Re: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 15th February
« Reply #490 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:05 am »
+1
If you have any *working* suggestion to stop people from creating large factions, feel free to tell me, because I've been looking for a solution for years now.

Most of "working ideas" require lots of coding.
The question is if you are interested in spending time for it.
Igni et ferro

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Rise and Shine: Strategus 2014, starting 15th February
« Reply #491 on: March 12, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »
+4
If you have any *working* suggestion to stop people from creating large factions, feel free to tell me, because I've been looking for a solution for years now.

Adding incentives for personal gain. A reason to be a traitor to your own faction, or forming a dissident movement, that kind of things.

Factions should not even exist ingame. Factions should be formed through vassal-liege relationships, with each faction being ultimately a tree of vassals and one liege. That liege is the faction. Fief ownership per player should be limited somehow. Players owning fiefs should have an interest in keeping their fiefs safe and own them for prolonged length of time. Also, training troops should be detrimental to the fief's economy. Fiefs would give their owners income based on these variables. The idea here is to introduce tensions between peaceful landowners and landless heroes that want to pressure their lieges to wage war and get fiefs. Basically, play Crusader Kings 2 and liberally borrow from it. But more importantly, increase the stress on individual acheivements.

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #492 on: March 12, 2014, 02:44:40 pm »
+2
Factions should not even exist ingame. Factions should be formed through vassal-liege relationships, with each faction being ultimately a tree of vassals and one liege. That liege is the faction. Fief ownership per player should be limited somehow.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/faction-types-kingdoms-vassals-bandits/

and also this:
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/%28strat-suggestion%29-stop-creating-large-factions/

if interested
Igni et ferro

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2014, 03:33:21 pm »
I strongly suggest reading these two posts which can actually make this game much better and enjoyable. Cheers for sharing these links ...

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2014, 10:09:27 pm »
+5
Battles should be a couple of people leading battalions in commander mode. Nothing more fun than playing commander mode on Napoleonic with friends and coordinating and outwitting the enemy. No more shitty rosters with unreliable people, just you and some friends needed to lead an army, and the best commanders win. And it would be hilarious to watch Grey Order, Druzhina and other big clans deal with this, since they can no longer offer all their members roster slots in battles.

Commander system > Current battle system IMO. I'd play the shit out of that because smaller clans would be buffed and it'd add more strategy to battles.