Poll

Vote for all that you feel apply...(up to 12)

All things are relatively balanced
51 (4.2%)
2h is OP
53 (4.4%)
4d Poles are OP
28 (2.3%)
2d Poles are OP
45 (3.7%)
Melee Cav is OP
51 (4.2%)
Ranged Cav is OP
100 (8.2%)
Xbow is OP
116 (9.6%)
Archery is OP
69 (5.7%)
Throwing is OP
78 (6.4%)
1h (w or w/o shield) is OP
41 (3.4%)
2h is UP
11 (0.9%)
4d Poles are UP
9 (0.7%)
2d Poles are UP
10 (0.8%)
Melee Cav is UP
12 (1%)
Ranged Cav is UP
10 (0.8%)
Xbow is UP
13 (1.1%)
Archery is UP
19 (1.6%)
Throwing is UP
17 (1.4%)
1h (w or w/o shield) is UP
21 (1.7%)
Team Balancer is broken...
104 (8.6%)
EXP System is broken...
88 (7.3%)
Game Modes need work...
69 (5.7%)
-- STABS (all weapons) are OP! --
102 (8.4%)
Fire Magic is OP
96 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 292

Author Topic: Overall Balance Poll : Q1 2014 (VOTE AGAIN, POLL UPDATED)  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
Re: Overall Balance Poll : Q1 2014 (VOTE AGAIN, POLL UPDATED)
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2014, 03:23:58 pm »
+9
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »
That is the interesting thing about the poll...I agree with most of the stuff that is getting a lot of votes....but I personally have not had issues with xbow enough to mention it.  Apparently others have...
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2014, 09:55:52 am »
+2
The main gripe everyone has with xbows is that anyone can be a decent xbow user, and that dedicated xbow snipers don't sacrifice enough melee potential. The only difference between an dedicated agi 1hander and a dedicated xbow user is that the dedicated 1hander might have 100 more wpf in 1h. The fact that an xbow can have 8 or 9 athletics kinda makes up for any low wpf.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2014, 10:56:25 pm »
The main gripe everyone has with xbows is that anyone can be a decent xbow user, and that dedicated xbow snipers don't sacrifice enough melee potential.

How about this then: Lower all crossbow requirements (sounds crazy I know). Then make all crossbows crazy inaccurate and requiring a huge amount of wpf to make them accurate. This would make crossbowers have a lower PS so when they do melee they are quite weak. On another note though if people think it's not the melee part of crossbow that is OP but the crossbow itself I will say since the last armor change crossbows are noticeably weaker. In dtv even relatively weak bots like weaboos and searaiders can sustain an arbalest hit. Another thing I've been saying about crossbows is there should be an optional cut damage bolt just like archers have cut damage arrows. They could even be higher damage than the pierce ones which would be better against weaker armor.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2014, 11:09:54 pm »
I think they way over buffed the 0 slot 1 handers tbh. Whats the point of making xbows 2 slot and then putting in good 0 slot 1 handers?

Now we should make xbows 3 slot?

Its not just the 0 slot 1 handers though, 1 handers in general have been made too good with agi

It seems that in your opinion every usable 1h is "good". If they had even only one or two damage points less those 0 slots would be barely viable with 5 PS.

Right now some of these 0 slots are probably a little too good, but I think the only thing that could happen to them without turning them into trash would be slowing them down and/or making them lighter to cause more blockstun.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2014, 11:20:40 pm »
want to take away my crossbow, and now even my short war sword is op? lol

have to make 5-8 hits with 6PS to kill anyone with over 40 total body armor, and it's just too quickly, right?

fuck you bundle of stickss, disgusting bunch of crybabies
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2014, 11:22:06 pm »
The thing you guys have to remember is that while xbows might generally have lower PS and 1h wpf, they usually have somewhere around 8 athletics, and lighter armor. With speed bonus behind them, and the ability to dance away from enemy swings, their wpf and PS doesn't need to be all that great to inflict pretty decent damage.

Also, couple this with a good 1h stab, and well, gg. Even using a non-stabbing 1h they can be incredibly effective. One of the problems in this game is that pretty much everyone is a vet, and knows how to block reliably. It would be nice if when you ninja an archer or xbow they were nearly helpless, but that simply is not the case due to the average player skill being so high. I bet nearly all of us guys here could perform nearly as well with 1 wpf as opposed to what we are used to. Heck, on my new archer alt (don't judge, I only really use him in DTV) I have been using either a staff or an italian falchion both with 1wpf and really don't see much difference than if I had somewhere around 100. I HAVE done some PvPing with it, and yes, its SLIGHTLY slower than I would like, but since I can block relatively well, it isn't much of an issue. The only way to really win a serious duel with such low wpf would be playing it safe and letting your opponent slip up, which is a perfectly legitimate tactic, and isn't insanely hard to do since your opponent will generally be overconfident being a dedicated melee build, and you are but a mere archer/xbow.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2014, 03:40:19 pm »
+2
With speed bonus behind them,

All the whines about stabs are really whines about speed bonus; a guy with 8 ATH/6 PS and a 30p stab does a sh!t ton more damage than a guy with 8 PS and a 34p steel pick/Bec, because stabs lend themselves to achieving massive speed bonus more so than sideswings.

I think all that needs to be done is cap non-mounted speed bonus at around 30% extra dmg or so, and scale it down so that you can't achieve that 30% unless you are a speed demon running directly at another speed demon. Maybe just do this for stabs, because my experience in native is that it's much harder to achieve ridiculous speed bonus with sideswings/overheads anyway.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2014, 04:04:45 pm »
+1
want to take away my crossbow, and now even my short war sword is op? lol

have to make 5-8 hits with 6PS to kill anyone with over 40 total body armor, and it's just too quickly, right?

fuck you bundle of stickss, disgusting bunch of crybabies

The problem with your setup is that you can turtle at will and take centuries to die when caught, no matter how good the player that caught you happens to be.

Except 70 less 1h wpf or something, you basically have the same build as an agi shielder. So you do about the same damage as those guys in melee. That's where the bullshit is. There's no tradeoff for using a crossbow.

Offline Hygat

• Count
  • Renown: 205
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2014, 04:12:29 pm »
I'd like to vote that dedicated horse throwing with no side weapon is UP but its not an option, several people I have watched on EU 1 who play dedicated horse throwing (including Boerenlater and Makelele) play very well in my opinion but rarely get the top scoreboard position they deserve.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2014, 05:21:56 pm »
I'd like to vote that dedicated horse throwing with no side weapon is UP but its not an option, several people I have watched on EU 1 who play dedicated horse throwing (including Boerenlater and Makelele) play very well in my opinion but rarely get the top scoreboard position they deserve.

For quite a while San and tydeus were testing ht on NA 1. Every map the were at least top 5 on their team.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2014, 05:37:43 pm »
facinating

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2014, 05:42:32 pm »

lobbyist

you very well dang knows its OP but you are using it so you don't want it nerfed. you don't care about a nice game you just want your OP shit so you can wave your epeen around hoping someone will recognize the sheer skill it takes to point and click with no penalties in melee. point and click is hard.

Offline Breidr

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Stand Tall! Shieldwall!
    • View Profile
    • Breidr's Twitch TV Channel
  • Faction: Highest Bidder
  • Game nicks: Breidr
  • IRC nick: Breidr
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2014, 06:17:16 am »
+3
Just throwing in some notes on the EXP system hoping it gets looked into.

As of right now, DTV is more profitable for me at Gen 2 than actually playing battle, and less frustrating too.  Battle is just a waste of time at this point.  I think I calculated that I have 15 or so hours left to get to 31, assuming constant 2x.

Team Balancing and Banner stacking is also a big problem, and actually compounds the EXP problem.  The system rewards stacked teams, and that's just not right.

I thought strat was for teamplay.  The public servers should be just that, for the pubs.  It seems games are more often decided by who has the bigger clan, or more cavalry and what not.  As an NW player I'm used to class limits and that keeps Cav spam down, but I'm not sure how that would translate to cRPG.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2014, 04:29:33 am »