Author Topic: Xbow with 1 hand is OP  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Xbow with 1 hand is OP
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 01:16:59 pm »
+1
A smart crossbower gets a good shield 1slot coupled with 0slot 1hander.

That way you stay alive.. just raise shield and move away. Stall for time.... stall for help.

When threat is gone.. go back to hiding.reloading.shooting.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 01:59:42 pm »
+3
WTF did you smoke? 1h (without shield ofc) is by FAR the most superior duel class in this freaking game. With my level 30  18/18  1h alt I was able to beat people on EU3 were I often failed with my level 34  21/21  2h main.
just ignore him, like rest of us
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 03:28:43 pm »
+1
WTF did you smoke? 1h (without shield ofc) is by FAR the most superior duel class in this freaking game. With my level 30  18/18  1h alt I was able to beat people on EU3 were I often failed with my level 34  21/21  2h main.

lol

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 03:35:44 pm »
I wouldn't say any of the melee classes outshines the others in duels.
1H have great diversity in the animation and great speed and seems to me the easiest to get through a good player's defense, but that comes at the cost of damage.
2H and polearms are fairly equal with their thrusts being the most different. Polearm thrust can be fairly instant and have a less punishing thrust-stun (on dueling polearms..) and can also lock people down for a free kick afterwards (if you're a pro like Tor :)). 2h have great range and duration but more punishing thrust-stun.

However, I do think xbow + 0 slot 1h and a fast, durable shield is a bit too much when you only need 15 strength for an arbalest.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 05:44:26 pm »
What if 1 handers became 2 slot and 0 slot 1 handers became 1 slot?

1 lot of ammo, 1 slot 1 hander (old 0 slot) and xbow. Same with Archers. Archers can use a better 1 hand or take 2 stacks of ammo
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 12:10:11 am »

1 lot of ammo, 1 slot 1 hander (old 0 slot) and xbow. Same with Archers. Archers can use a better 1 hand or take 2 stacks of ammo
left slot system alone
Archer forever :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 10:14:57 am »
+2

That would basically kill every form of melee hybrid using 1h, which means a majority of them.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 10:25:37 am »
Lol

1H best dueling class... tard. I bet you wouldn't even get 1 swing in against me.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 11:41:45 am »
+1
Lol

1H best dueling class... tard. I bet you wouldn't even get 1 swing in against me.

Owens go home, you are drunk...
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 06:26:35 pm »
This thread should be in chamber of tears. For one simple reason. 1h + xbow is the same as ever. The only difference is the amount of people playing it. To discuss about 1h mechanics there are several posts. Xbow fever nowadays? Yes. And the same 2h lobbyism everytime ranged population increase. Just assume it like the counter-part of 2h-polearm metagame mechanics abuse.

- Hiltslashing.
- Pikeman jumpers.
- Str crutchers.
- 1h&shield with indestructible one.
- Insane amount of cavalry.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:34:07 pm by El_Infante »

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 07:54:46 pm »
+1
This thread should be in chamber of tears. For one simple reason. 1h + xbow is the same as ever. The only difference is the amount of people playing it. To discuss about 1h mechanics there are several posts. Xbow fever nowadays? Yes. And the same 2h lobbyism everytime ranged population increase. Just assume it like the counter-part of 2h-polearm metagame mechanics abuse.

- Hiltslashing.
- Pikeman jumpers.
- Str crutchers.
- 1h&shield with indestructible one.
- Insane amount of cavalry.

You are completely right. Besides, if you want to wield a good crossbow, you have to either forsake shield, or a longer sword/pick/mace. The only ones crying about this combination are 2H/polearm strenght junkies that suffer because xbowmen are direct counter to them.

To all crying about this combination: You have to get used to the fact that having a weapon that can one hit most people has its drawbacks, you spoiled brats. Either that, or switch class. Nobody forces you to play 2H/polearm.

Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:26 pm »
To all crying about this combination: You have to get used to the fact that having a weapon that can one hit most people has its drawbacks, you spoiled brats. Either that, or switch class. Nobody forces you to play 2H/polearm.

Where's the drawback to this 1h+shield+xbow which is capable of one-shots (at long range even :wink:)?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »
Where's the drawback to this 1h+shield+xbow which is capable of one-shots (at long range even :wink:)?

Capable of one-shot? Gurnisson... gurnisson. In where crpg world do you live? I have troubles sometimes even shooting peasants with a full loomed set of heavy crossbow + steel bolts. Drawbacks?

a) If you want to use a shield and a xbow and still be proficient with 1h you need to split your stats even more that a shielder. That mean being mediocre in all terms, or focused in ranged or focused in 1h. There is no way to be all the things you want on 31 levels.
b) Is a non-intended behaviour having a buckler + xbow + 1h + shield? I think. Maybe. Unrealistic? Of course not. Genoese xbowman for example carried a pavise shield.
c) Increasing xbow STR requeriments for "agi" stacking? Oh god. I notice today that a majority of crpg 2h&pole population have from 21 to 27 agi.
d) Xbow life is expensive. Don't forget that. 20-25k to upkeep pool ONLY from a high-tier xbow and steel bolts.
e) THE FUCKING RAIN! that is disturbing the last weeks on 75% of the map rotation.

So. I understand the lobbyism rage about all mankind of ranged. And I accept with a smile all of their negative votes to my posts.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 09:29:39 pm »
+1

I cant remember the last time I was one shotted by a 1H shield/crossbow hybrid. And the drawbacks are:

1: Lower speed and slower acceleration.
2: Lower damage and reach.
3: Long reload times (unless you are using hunting crossbow, which cannot one shot anything other than peasant by headshot).
4: Distribution of stats.
5: Prices and upkeep.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:32 pm »
+1
Ive played a few gens of it on my main. It is pretty solid, but not by far a masterrace. I found it relatively boring. Cbow is pretty lame when it come to entertainmentvalue as far as im concerned.