Author Topic: Mod is again alive and kicking (Ninja Patch Majestic)  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Mod is again alive and kicking (Ninja Patch Majestic)
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2014, 08:11:56 am »
+5
About time plate got a buff  :!:

GJ Devs, maybe this will make people even consider using plate armors again, besides for looks.

Overall Thumbs up  :wink:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2014, 01:07:39 pm »
ok you fixed archery, not what you gonna do about xbows and stabs in general?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2014, 01:13:03 pm »
+6
ok you fixed archery, not what you gonna do about xbows and stabs in general?

Well, only thing Crossbows need is more STR requirements , that would fix it all.

I think stabs are overrated , so i will leave it commentless

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:02 pm »
+2
I'm so gonna enjoy the next Strategus round
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2014, 07:42:10 pm »
+3
On my PD 7 archer with 170+ wpf, +3 long bow and +3 bodkins, on mid armored targets takes me 3 arrows to kill a low/mid armored target (ignoring IF, no way to know that), heavier targets take 4 or more. This is tested in mid range on the upper chest hitbox using 0.5 seconds hold shots.

On heavy crossbow +3 and steel bolts +3 character needed 3 of these bolts to almost take down a transitional armored target with an awlpike (which after 1 hit me when I have 5 IF and 64 body armor, same hitbox).

Then tried to understand the other side of the coin. Went on my 2h alt (24/15, again 5 IF, 63 body armor), and survived 2 loomed bolts (1 from a HevX, other from Arb), 1 loomed bodkins on chest, 2 normal tatars on arm and leg, and some random weeabo star on my back (lil'git), and lived long enough to go full retard and cut several enemies like butter in the summer. :lol:

Hell, I don't need to lie about this since there are logs and everything and you'll tell me that theoretically the math won't add up, fact is, happened, and it's fucking retarded. It's the golden age of armor crutch.

Well, going back to my godly 2h alt and shine ingame with lil' effort.  :lol:

edit: strat will be even worst if the tincan fest persist.

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2014, 08:03:12 pm »
+1
On my PD 7 archer with 170+ wpf, +3 long bow and +3 bodkins, on mid armored targets takes me 3 arrows to kill a low/mid armored target (ignoring IF, no way to know that), heavier targets take 4 or more. This is tested in mid range on the upper chest hitbox using 0.5 seconds hold shots.

On heavy crossbow +3 and steel bolts +3 character needed 3 of these bolts to almost take down a transitional armored target with an awlpike (which after 1 hit me when I have 5 IF and 64 body armor, same hitbox).

Then tried to understand the other side of the coin. Went on my 2h alt (24/15, again 5 IF, 63 body armor), and survived 2 loomed bolts (1 from a HevX, other from Arb), 1 loomed bodkins on chest, 2 normal tatars on arm and leg, and some random weeabo star on my back (lil'git), and lived long enough to go full retard and cut several enemies like butter in the summer. :lol:

Hell, I don't need to lie about this since there are logs and everything and you'll tell me that theoretically the math won't add up, fact is, happened, and it's fucking retarded. It's the golden age of armor crutch.

It is indeed the golden age of armor crutch.  Hey boys and girls, want to bounce 6 pd bodkins?  Put on 60 body armor and up, you'll be swinging your longsword to valor in no time.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2014, 08:10:31 pm »
+2
Get a shiel-ahem, get a headshot nub. Adapt teamwork etc

:lol: . Not tried it yet but just funny to see people talking about not 1 shotting people with point and click xbows
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2014, 08:12:33 pm »

It takes me 6 headshots to kill someone wearing 55 head armor. Anything higher sometimes I'll straight up bounce.  Great range killing patch guys :D

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2014, 08:17:49 pm »

:lol: . Not tried it yet but just funny to see people talking about not 1 shotting people with point and click xbows

Its as funny as seeing people bitch about not being able to 1 shot people with left click.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2014, 08:30:30 pm »

Essentially, ranged effects armor less, as a whole, but high armor is the only really noticeable reduction.

Yeah. Extremely high damage ranged weapons weren't affected too much. 100p arb on 60 body armour: 36-50.7 for old values, 34-48 right now. 27.6-41.6 down to 24.7-38.1 on 76 body armour. I haven't used the damage calc in-game for xbows yet, so I just assume that the typical raw damage is as expected.

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2014, 09:33:05 pm »
Yeah. Extremely high damage ranged weapons weren't affected too much. 100p arb on 60 body armour: 36-50.7 for old values, 34-48 right now. 27.6-41.6 down to 24.7-38.1 on 76 body armour. I haven't used the damage calc in-game for xbows yet, so I just assume that the typical raw damage is as expected.

Hm.. I'll keep that in mind.. I was quoting you to better elaborate for the people who skipped your post then asked what happened.   :lol:  Think you could feed me the numbers for Jarids?  :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2014, 08:35:14 pm »
+1

Don't worry an xbow bolt to my courser can still do 3/4 or more damage when there's a neutral speed bonus (doing perpendicular to the shooter)
 - Stolen from Macropussy