Author Topic: Respec to archer?  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Respec to archer?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 08:29:11 pm »
Who is able to kite?

I have lvl 35 18/27 with 9 ATH and i'm not able to kite. Lots of ppl are able to catch me, shielders agi guys and STF char made for hunting archers are killing me (unless i kill them first).

Only thing that makes me getting good score most of rounds is my experience as an archer and my kind of OP lvl 35 char.

If you want to respec to an archer feel free, but pls tell me what equipment you will use and what time and what servers are you playing. I'll have then next target to practice shooting  :twisted:

Talk to Nuuk, he can kite no prob. I know it first hand

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 08:31:28 pm »
+3
Are you people honestly telling me you can survive 2 archers focusing on you?

I can honestly say that 2 archers can hardly survive me as a melee fighter. Unless one of them is like blackbow or bagge, but that's fair.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 08:32:26 pm »
+2
For a sec there I thought the thread title said "Respect to archers"  :)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 08:49:16 pm »
+2
Tried archer on my STF , bored after 2 days , dunno how do people from 2010 still play the same class , my finger said no when i used longbow , too much time needed to hold the left button.
anyway , ggffthx for your time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 08:50:23 pm »
Buff archers
(click to show/hide)

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 08:51:33 pm »
+2
I think ive read that ranged will get a dmg nerf vs armor and speed bonus removed/reduced so if u respec and trade all ur stuff for archer gear a patch like that is surely around the corner :)

That's a good way to fuck an archer up completely. Will be totally useless in Strategus
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »
+7
obviously someone is not playing this mod for very long... in the old times, I had warbow, 2 quivers of bodkins AND a 2h claymore in my backpocket. Plus archers did decent damage back then. They were way more annoying, and there was WAY less whining. Strange, huh?

Only in the dark middle ages of c-rpg archery was nerfed to oblivion thanks to constant whining of melee nubs.

The come back is well deserved and would not be a problem without every idiot hopping on their archer alt right now to circle-feed their own rage about archers... LOL

...oh, and nerf xbows already, half of the melee nubs can't tell the difference between an arrow and a bolt and blame archers for everything...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 11:11:34 pm »
+8
The smaller bows got a huge buff in missile speed

Which ought to be nerfed to hell, in my opinion.

I understand we're all playing a game and there needs to be good balance between weapons over realism, but I still don't understand how it makes any sense for a Nomad Bow to have +8 missile speed over a 100-150lbf draw Longbow.
Archers have an interesting choice at the moment. You can take laser accuracy, high missile speed, draw speeds half that of a longbow, and accurate holds 4x (or more) than that of a longbow.
Or, take a longbow or Rus bow for the damage bonus. Still, the Nomad bow outperforms anything in the hands of a skilled player. I'd be using one too if I didn't fucking loathe them.
With how easy and spammy the low PD bows are to use, I think it's caused an influx of archers.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 11:34:57 pm »
The effectiveness of a shield against ranged:

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 11:36:06 pm »
respec to HA, much fun
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 11:40:31 pm »

If you'd hold ur shield right, no archer standing on the same ground level can shoot you beside the shield.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 01:01:07 am »
+2
Adapt, identify new ways of surviving. or forever follow a path of meaningless deaths.

But memories? What are they? Are they signs of our dead ancestors in the clouds? Identify new ways to look more like!

obviously someone is not playing this mod for very long... in the old times, I had warbow, 2 quivers of bodkins AND a 2h claymore in my backpocket. Plus archers did decent damage back then. They were way more annoying, and there was WAY less whining. Strange, huh?

Only in the dark middle ages of c-rpg archery was nerfed to oblivion thanks to constant whining of melee nubs.

The come back is well deserved and would not be a problem without every idiot hopping on their archer alt right now to circle-feed their own rage about archers... LOL

...oh, and nerf xbows already, half of the melee nubs can't tell the difference between an arrow and a bolt and blame archers for everything...

Way to be oblivious of the fact that people got good at melee and that melee weapons got huge nerfs too. And that shields lost all their coverage. And that horses got nerfed into oblivion.

You people used used to complain all the time about how op loomed ranged was, so the devs leveled the plain.

Revert then?

How op loomed ranged was ? Maybe noob archers complained about that, maybe those that wanted to respec to archery instead of just giving up the game entirely complained about that, but I sure fucking did not. Actually by allowing more people to respec to ranged and be instantly effective, this unloomed bow buff has made the obvious snowball effect of ranged population even more obvious due to the added flexibility.

Are you people honestly telling me you can survive 2 archers focusing on you?

They are, and they probably even believe their own lies.

BTW I have a 2h alt and played as cav for 3 gen. Don't get on my case for using a shield Kafein, I don't talk about you running naked on EU2 (farming gold = not contributing = leeching, imho) all the time.

I wasn't getting on your case, I was making a parodic impression of the usual "adapt" response this thread would eventually get.

This thread is about a shielder that struggles with killing archers. Does he struggle with cav, crushthrough or axemen ? Not really. At least he did not make a thread about it. When are you going to realise this is an absurd situation?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 03:14:52 am »
+2

I've talked multiple times about restricting STF from certain classes except on the duel server, but these nerds want to both bitch about the amount of ranged and yet still demand that anyone can instantly roll a Level 30 archer on battle and siege to troll the shit out of them with. They are getting exactly what they are demanding, but still feel entitled to demand that the class be nerfed until useless.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 03:18:24 am »
Better class balance would be nice.

Actually in siege i'm tired of loosing because the attacking team is full of archers and we can't take this flag because there is only 4 melee charging.

And Yesterday i saw an archer saying "paraolympic team" when all he did was standing on a roof, farming points and useless kills, when we loose on siege atm, it's just because we have too many ranged in our team.
and now, with the new score system, they can have valour for that... Please..

Sorry for english

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 03:36:58 am »
+2

I personally can't get over the fact a shielder has made a rage thread about archers. Archery always has, and probably always will be a powerfull class, but its not without it's own disadvantages, and imo xbows are just as bad if not worse. Changes are probably needed, and changes will probably come, but in the mean time, dont stand on a staircase with a kite shield crying because your forcefield isn't making you invincible.