Author Topic: Respec to archer?  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Respec to archer?
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:01:43 pm »
+1
Ladies and gentl...
oh who am I kidding...

Gentlemen and gentlemen!
It pains me to say this, but we're officially back to the dark days of OP-archers!

Let me start with a little nostalgia: I'm sure many of you have all sorts of fond memories of the past. The time when the sun shined brighter and the grass was greener, time when the greeks were still considered to be responsible and amicable people and not the lazy crybabies they are. For me, this time was when I started playing this mod. I remember the glorious shieldwalls, the camping in the barns and epic storms of said barns! Those were the golden days! If only they lasted a bit longer  :cry:

Now, not only are the servers full of ranged (even my beloved EU2 is FUBAR), but they have their most despicable ability returned to them - kiting! KITING! Remember how after all the months and months of the community bitching and raving about how OP archers are, the devs finally relented, increasing arrow weight and decreasing overall effectiveness of ranged? (the only good thing they ever did imho) Little did we know that following that patch, the devs went back into full-retard mode and started to slowly undo it all (basically that's what the last months of patching have been all about - unmaking that meganerf and adding commanders to the game :rolleyes: ).

So, I will finish this rant with a simple question: are there any plans to unfuck this mod anytime soon, or should I respec to archer now?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Respec to archer?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:04:21 pm »
+8
adapt a teamwork lol get tactics shield

Also never seen this guy without a shield

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:05:53 pm »
+3
Shouldn't rage soo much about ... a game, if its totally no fun for you anymore,
stop playing?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:08:59 pm »
+5
Lol, have you actually played archery once?
Current archery is nothing compared to pre-kite nerf (not even speaking of old archery pre lvl overhaul).
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 07:10:16 pm »
+11
I'm struggling to work out what was done to "undo" the weight change, I know I was out of the game for a little while due to Uni but I'm pretty sure all that was changed was that wpf was linked to agility with a rework. That doesn't allow archers to run faster, the only thing I can see there is that more archers opted out of higher PD builds (because their wpf couldn't handle it) and therefore became a little faster having added to agility instead, and probably athletics too.

Please someone fill me in if there was a change that I didn't notice! :)

However, being back in the game, I don't think it would be wise at this time to respec to an archer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 07:17:28 pm »
+13
It's the pure amount of archers which bothers me. The damage that they do individually is manageable but when there are 15 of them turning you into a pin cushion, it gets kind of tedious.

Equal distribution of archers on both teams would be nice.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:21:05 pm »
I'm struggling to work out what was done to "undo" the weight change, I know I was out of the game for a little while due to Uni but I'm pretty sure all that was changed was that wpf was linked to agility with a rework. That doesn't allow archers to run faster, the only thing I can see there is that more archers opted out of higher PD builds (because their wpf couldn't handle it) and therefore became a little faster having added to agility instead, and probably athletics too.

Please someone fill me in if there was a change that I didn't notice! :)

However, being back in the game, I don't think it would be wise at this time to respec to an archer.

The smaller bows got a huge buff in missile speed, plus the wpf rework you already mentioned, plus the unloomed bow buff. Also melee has been gradually getting less effective due to skill and nerfs on melee weapons.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 07:31:38 pm »
+3
It pains me to say this, but we're officially back to the dark days of OP-archers!

lol
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »
+4
The smaller bows got a huge buff in missile speed, plus the wpf rework you already mentioned, plus the unloomed bow buff. Also melee has been gradually getting less effective due to skill and nerfs on melee weapons.

Ah, I did forget about that decision I do not like about the shorter bow missile speed increase, but if I also remember correctly, the "unloomed bow buff" was simply to stabilise the difference between fully loomed bows and unloomed ones, wasn't that the gist? I'm probably wrong there.

However, to tackle the specific "issue" that was brought up by the OP: "but they have their most despicable ability returned to them - kiting! KITING!", nothing has been changed to effect that, has it?

So, all I can see is that the perception that archers have grown stronger is because the weaker ones have become stronger, due to the missile speed increase and the unloomed bows becoming more effective therefore bringing up the equalising the strength.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »
I think ive read that ranged will get a dmg nerf vs armor and speed bonus removed/reduced so if u respec and trade all ur stuff for archer gear a patch like that is surely around the corner :)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »
+4
Adapt, identify new ways of surviving. or forever follow a path of meaningless deaths.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 07:57:42 pm »
thats why i need army of plate guys..

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 08:16:37 pm »
+7

but they have their most despicable ability returned to them - kiting! KITING!

Who is able to kite?

I have lvl 35 18/27 with 9 ATH and i'm not able to kite. Lots of ppl are able to catch me, shielders agi guys and STF char made for hunting archers are killing me (unless i kill them first).

Only thing that makes me getting good score most of rounds is my experience as an archer and my kind of OP lvl 35 char.

If you want to respec to an archer feel free, but pls tell me what equipment you will use and what time and what servers are you playing. I'll have then next target to practice shooting  :twisted:
Archer forever :D

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 08:27:03 pm »
The smaller bows got a huge buff in missile speed, plus the wpf rework you already mentioned, plus the unloomed bow buff.

You people used used to complain all the time about how op loomed ranged was, so the devs leveled the plain.

Revert then?

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 08:27:49 pm »
Are you people honestly telling me you can survive 2 archers focusing on you? Nowadays I barely survive 1, since the slightest turn means my shield is useless. This problem might not affect high-agi 2h builds that can look into the ground and go apeshit when faced with an archers (Lamerina). Or those bittervet oldmy old friends in full-loom heavy armour, who can take over a quiver of arrows without going down (basically the rest of the Grey clan).

The point is that ranged still dont have a counter-class. After all the patches, all the virtual tears, what has changed? Nothing has changed. There are more archers out there than ever, they kill 65hp 40 arm char in 2 shots and anything but 5 ath means you will never ever catch one, especially if he drops one or both quivers.

I want some sort of balance. Remove stagger from being hit by arrows, make light 1h 1 slot again, increase aim time, do fucking something instead of sitting with your thumbs up your asses!

BTW I have a 2h alt and played as cav for 3 gen. Don't get on my case for using a shield Kafein, I don't talk about you running naked on EU2 (farming gold = not contributing = leeching, imho) all the time.