Author Topic: Item balance  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 292
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Pandor_The_Flying_Pig
Item balance
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:02:40 pm »
+1
First of all - Trowings must be rebalanced. Stats that ive rebalanced have underline.
Old Throwing lance:                                                              
missile speed: 17
weapon length: 120
weight: 1.5
accuracy: 154
difficulty: 7
speed rating: 80
max ammo: 1
thrust damage: 60 pierce

New Throwing lance.
weight: 1.5
accuracy: 148
difficulty: 7
speed rating: 80
max ammo: 2
thrust damage: 50 pierce

Old jarids:
missile speed: 20
weapon length: 80
weight: 4
accuracy: 127
difficulty: 5
speed rating: 87
max ammo: 3
thrust damage: 40 pierce

New Jarids:
accuracy: 123
difficulty: 5
speed rating: 87
max ammo: 4
thrust damage: 36 pierce

Old Throwing spears:
missile speed: 18
accuracy: 119
difficulty: 6
speed rating: 85
thrust damage: 36 pierce

New throwing spears:
accuracy: 114
difficulty: 6
speed rating: 85
max ammo: 5
thrust damage: 34 pierce

Old Javelins:
missile speed: 19
weapon length: 76
accuracy: 113
difficulty: 3
speed rating: 89
thrust damage: 33 pierce

New Javelins:
accuracy: 110
difficulty: 3
speed rating: 89
thrust damage: 32 pierce

Old Heavy throwing axe :
missile speed: 15
weapon length: 53
weight: 2.7
accuracy: 126
difficulty: 4
speed rating: 95
max ammo: 2
thrust damage: 47 cut

New Heavy throwing axe:
weight: 2.7
accuracy: 123
difficulty: 4
speed rating: 95
thrust damage: 43 cut
Also its really need to nerf thrust damage for all weapons - 2h, 1h, pole.
About crossbows - i played it from 1 to 33lvl and i can say honestly - most op class atm. i suggest thouse changes:

Old    arbalest ranks.
                               Regular   Well Made    Exquisite    Masterwork
Speed                              60                   +1                   +1           +2
Thrust damage                85                   +2                   +3           +4
Missile  speed                  60                   +1                   +1           +2
Accuracy                           91                   +1                   +2           +3

New arb. ranks
                               Regular   Well Made    Exquisite    Masterwork
Speed                              60            +2                    +3           +6
Thrust damage                85            +0                   +0           +1
Missile  speed                  60            +1                   +2           +3
Accuracy                           91            +1                   +2           +4     

Old Steel bolts ranks:
                              Regular           Sharp         Well Made        Masterwork
Thrust damage:     8                     +1              +2                    +3
Ammo:                   12                   +1              +1                    +1     

New Steel bolts ranks:   
                              Regular           Sharp         Well Made        Masterwork
Thrust damage:     8                     +0             +0                    +0
Ammo:                   5                     +2             +4                    +7                     

And btw we should remove nudge from throwing weapon, its abuse when u finally come close to thrower he just threw u in 3 metters away with a fucking jarid, and then throw into u again.
Most of thouse changes are sugested to avoid one shots.

My opinion - one shots must be only in head :!: :!: :!:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:02:56 pm by Pandor_Archer »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Item balance
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:09:57 pm »
+1
I don't know how I would change the xbows stats tbh. I wouldn't just change the Arbalast, and don't think i'd make it more accurate

Maybe increase reload speed and reduce damage and missile speed a bit across the board
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »
If this got in, ive would respec back to thrower instantly  :!:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:10:21 pm »
+1
Don't like theese propositions.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:28:13 pm »
+1
I don't mean to rain on the parade or anything, and thanks for the interest, but are you aware that all of these changes would actually result in rather large buffs for ranged? The arbalest for example, would become the most accurate weapon in the entire mod. Also, I'm kind of baffled as to why you think throwing should lose accuracy. Last I checked, throwing was not only incredibly inaccurate(so much so, that it's more appropriate to congratulate the person on the receiving end of a HS for a nice catch), but it also has very slow projectile speeds.

Why make things more inaccurate, which essentially just increases the affects of RNG and reduces player skill? You're just increasing the frequency of random headshots which certainly don't make players enjoy the game more. When I get HSed, I want to know it's because the player was aiming for my head, not because his crosshairs were on my feet and "just got lucky".
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »
I don't mean to rain on the parade or anything, and thanks for the interest, but are you aware that all of these changes would actually result in rather large buffs for ranged? The arbalest for example, would become the most accurate weapon in the entire mod. Also, I'm kind of baffled as to why you think throwing should lose accuracy. Last I checked, throwing was not only incredibly inaccurate(so much so, that it's more appropriate to congratulate the person on the receiving end of a HS for a nice catch), but it also has very slow projectile speeds.

Why make things more inaccurate, which essentially just increases the affects of RNG and reduces player skill? You're just increasing the frequency of random headshots which certainly don't make players enjoy the game more. When I get HSed, I want to know it's because the player was aiming for my head, not because his crosshairs were on my feet and "just got lucky".
Accuracy not changing size of crosshair. arbalest is most accurate atm btw, lowering dmg will force crossbowmans aiming for head.
This thread not about nerf, its rebalancing :!: :!: :!:

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 08:51:59 pm »
+1
Might need someone to translate here. Weapon stats aren't straight forward, particularly for ranged weapons. Damage and accuracy both affect the size of the crosshair. Lowering weapon damage reduces the size of the crosshair, increasing accuracy also reduces the size of the crosshair. Both of which you proposed doing. Accuracy is changing the size of the crosshair. You're right though, this thread isn't about nerfing, it's actually buffs in disguise.  :D

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:16:01 pm »
Might need someone to translate here. Weapon stats aren't straight forward, particularly for ranged weapons. Damage and accuracy both affect the size of the crosshair. Lowering weapon damage reduces the size of the crosshair, increasing accuracy also reduces the size of the crosshair. Both of which you proposed doing. Accuracy is changing the size of the crosshair. You're right though, this thread isn't about nerfing, it's actually buffs in disguise.  :D
Tested million times, long time ago when i was an archer, accuracy did not change the size of crosshair.

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 09:19:17 pm »
Even if so, lowering damage will get rid of body oneshots, and force ppl to aim for head.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 09:28:29 pm »
+1
Tested million times, long time ago when i was an archer, accuracy did not change the size of crosshair.
Then I would suggest testing for the 1 million and first time.

(click to show/hide)

I never said lowering damage was a bad idea by itself. I even gave Grumbs a +1 for his suggestion, as I agreed with it.

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
Then I would suggest testing for the 1 million and first time.

(click to show/hide)

Long time ago long bow had crazy accuracy, and i using it with only 120 wpf (crosshair was huge) but arrow goes strait at the middle of crosshair, no matter how huge it was) so if u aim well, arrow wont miss. and it was 40+ dmg xD
after it there was tons of patches that changes bows and i saw no difference in size of crosshair. only amount of wpf change it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:52:49 pm by Pandor_Archer »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 10:08:39 pm »
+1
Here's a way to test. If you'll notice, both the Tatar Bow and the Nomad bows have the same accuracy but different damage values. Take a screenshot of your character with 2 PD using the Nomad bow at 1 wpf, then take a screenshot with 3PD and 1 wpf using a Tatar Bow. You should see that the Nomad bow has a tighter crosshair. Another test you can do to see the effects of accuracy, is try a Bow at 4PD with 1 wpf, screenshot your crosshair, then try a Yumi at 6PD with 1 wpf and take another screenshot. As you flip through the screenshots, you should see significant differences. Finally, all I can say about the correlation between reticule size and accuracy, is that if you don't think the reticule size affects accuracy, you're doing tests with too short of range.

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:44 pm »
Here's a way to test. If you'll notice, both the Tatar Bow and the Nomad bows have the same accuracy but different damage values. Take a screenshot of your character with 2 PD using the Nomad bow at 1 wpf, then take a screenshot with 3PD and 1 wpf using a Tatar Bow. You should see that the Nomad bow has a tighter crosshair. Another test you can do to see the effects of accuracy, is try a Bow at 4PD with 1 wpf, screenshot your crosshair, then try a Yumi at 6PD with 1 wpf and take another screenshot. As you flip through the screenshots, you should see significant differences. Finally, all I can say about the correlation between reticule size and accuracy, is that if you don't think the reticule size affects accuracy, you're doing tests with too short of range.
PD is changing crosshair, so to test accuracy we need to test with same PD.

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 10:45:42 pm »
The best way to test is 5 pd horn compair with nomad (same 101 accuracy) but different damage.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:55:37 pm by Pandor_Archer »

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 10:59:27 pm »
Tested, i have compaired mw horn with regular, accuracy decreas size of crosshair.
Gona make some changes in my sugestion.