Author Topic: Shield is very bad shield  (Read 8196 times)

Offline _schizo321437

• Yes Man
  • Duke
  • Renown: 549
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ ... lazy
  • Game nicks: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ .. lazy
  • IRC nick: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ . lazy
Re: Shield is very bad shield
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2014, 07:23:10 pm »
Get a shield lol use tactics and adapt teamwork
銃を積んだすがだ
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bugün foto

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 07:33:22 pm »
+7
Please give me back everything I gave you, and we will be buddies again. Ok?
I see no reason to help you out even more after you have been trying to make me look bad publicly for something I didn't do.

I don't mind you being bitter at me, but please keep it to yourself.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 548
  • Infamy: 2959
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2014, 07:39:41 pm »
Didn't expect any other answer. You're so giving and helpful, Apsod. Scumbag..

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »
Can we get back to shield discussion and get your personal issue (which has been said over 9000 times already) to PMs?

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 08:37:21 pm »
+2
Shield sucks, 1hCav OP, NURF NURF NURF, play a real class, QQ, QQ, QQ, RAGE, QQ.

QQ.

also QQ

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 08:51:56 pm »
+3
Hang on now. I gave you all the looms you asked for. I even asked if you wanted more but you refused to take more. You have no reason at all to be bitter because I didn't give you more back when you refused to take more. :|
U don't understand! You should have INSISTED!  :mrgreen: Scum!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »
+4
No, I will not Oberyn. That is what list is for. Doing the same irl. Apart from my family, everyone I ever encounter from now on will be treated accordingly to the way they treat me. No exceptions. Never ever will be nice to anyone for no bloody reason. Everything has its price. My time has value, so does yours. Wasting is something fools do and while I admit foolish behavior in the past, I'm now trying to stop with that.

Correct. Being lone wolf has its advantages too (apart from being gangbang by bunch of drunk teens all the time in an online game). That advantage is that you don't have to be artificially nice to anyone. Of course, rules exist and must be respected in order to keep playing. But other from those rules, being overly nice is just a waste of words and actions.

If everyone was only nice to each other after the other proved he was worthy we would have a pretty shitty world to live in. Don't extend much of anything you learn online into your real life, that would suck for you and anyone else (except this if you want :D)

Even if people dick you over that shouldn't change who you are, just don't go overboard with giving people things and expecting anything in return. You are causing issues that shouldn't be there by expecting anything at all from Apsod. The conditions of you giving him stuff wasn't to be on his case all the time afterwards. He didn't have to give squat back but it seems he did. If you made a condition of him giving the stuff back before you gave it, then you could complain. Otherwise its a case of giving someone a gift and then asking for it back. Its just not a decent thing to do.

Anyway, much drama. Wow
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 09:00:33 pm »
Possibly the most ridiculous thread I have read.

Enjoy it, while it lasts. Expect those indestructible shields to be gone from dtv sometime soon.

Ofcourse. DTV maps built specifically for shieldwall tactics. Players build optimised shielders. Most optimised shielders no longer allowed. GG.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2014, 09:11:38 pm »
+3
Fuck you prp, fuck you
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2014, 09:14:08 pm »
+1
Why dont you 2h my old friends try to play with a shield for once before you start spewing your ignorant bullshit? And HESKEYTIME, I dont think I've ever seen you playing as a shielder, the only times you're on EU2 is when you ride that donkey like some sort of drunk retard. So, I'm afraid your information about shielders might be a bit outdated. At best.

Dedicated 1h shielders out there know how much of a pain in the ass this class has become. Without at least 5 ath you just cannot keep up with most 2h, without at least 5 IF you cannot survive more than 2 hit from most of the weapons out there, without at least 7 PS you need over half a dozen hits to kill anything other than a peasant and without 5 points in "shield" you cannot use huscarls (which is the least retarded one out there).

Basically, unless you have a huscarls you're only protected against things coming right at you. Unfortunately, with it you'll be as maneuverable as an average tractor and any 2h noob with 3ath can backpedal faster than you can run forward. Couple that with the fact that all 2h can hit with the hilt (no minimum effective range, fucking amazes me every time I think about it...) means that shielders are only ever relevant in tight spaces where there is no room for maneuver.

There is no end to this, I could go on and on about how my beloved class has been utterly and totally fucked by the devs, I can go on about how useless shield bash is, pushing people too far away out of range, while under specific circumstances pushes allow players to go right through you, basically taking away shielders ability to block chokepoints. Or I can talk about how I cant catch ranged and how they can kill me with 2 arrows in the chest, while it takes me at least 3 hits to kill anyone in light armour. This class has gone from good, to acceptable, to FUBAR in a remarkable amount of time.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2014, 09:16:15 pm »
+2
Ofcourse. DTV maps built specifically for shieldwall tactics. Players build optimised shielders. Most optimised shielders no longer allowed. GG.

If you didn't have your "i hate new dtv"goggles on you would see that indestructible shields have always been a problem in dtv. Maybe now more than ever because of the maps, yes, but they always been around.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2014, 09:33:04 pm »
+1
Shields r fine. Imo if as a shielder is a waste, the shield is ur if. And i really dont see why any1 would choose the big heavy huscarls (sry tueten) over a lighter shield like elite cav.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2014, 09:38:08 pm »
+4
snip

1h + shield is very strong. I like playing it as it's got much higher potential while getting ganked compared to all the other infantry classes.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2014, 09:45:48 pm »
+1
Yeah one of the most important advantages as a shielder is being able to deal with multiple melee opponents, imo.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 2840
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2014, 10:15:19 pm »
U don't understand! You should have INSISTED!  :mrgreen: Scum!

Actually, to be fully honest reason why I asked for portion of what I gave him is because I know how this community works. If I asked a little bit more, would probably be blown off. Happy that I got at least something from any member of this community. Of course, there are people like Xant who gave items back without much issues but they are rare. If I asked Apsod to give me back everything, he would just say: beat it punk!

He's still scumbag for using stuff someone else collected and invested so much time in it. What makes it worse is the sheer amount of stuff he got.

Last post regarding this subject, I swear.