Author Topic: Disable the evil feature called "Crosshair" !  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
Re: Disable the evil feature called "Crosshair" !
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 10:17:32 pm »
Cuz of this situation we miss the epic braveheart style battles where two armies fight face to face under the rain of arrows.Most of the melee dies without getting into contact lol !

dont know which server u play but on EU 1 such melee clashes are not rare, also u can see 2h spammers in front runing first and they survive cose simply they know to do not  run in straight line.

1 shielder 1-2 ranged survives and the shielder guy tries to chase and kill the running archers...same shit happens all the time.Sometimes shielder wins sometimes archer

well this is because shielder build is all about surviving and archers is all about avoiding contact, I think thats preety natural that they die last. Also cav vs other often happens, but i dont know hows that bad.

Regarding crosshairs?? it is simply trying to take away possibility of aiming.... first perosn view is not any accurate and for sure is not fun. If u want to make ranged to play first person, lets make melee also play first person, but then noone would play cRPG anymore cose first perosn view is just awfull.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 10:29:55 pm »
This game was not designed for "iron sights". The avatar/bow even in first person has no relation to where the arrow is going to go. It is actually about an inch above and off center to the right of the "iron sight".

Hey I know! Let's add sword breakers to the game! A successful block with one gives a 10% chance of breaking the sword! Lances and spears should also have a 10% chance of breaking when hitting a shield! That's realistic too! Hope those knights brought a squire!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:06 pm »
I still don't think it would be a nerf individually for archers.
Maybe it reduces the amount of nonskilled archers who only shoot to crowd hit/kill their teammates or enemies.(Most of the time they just don't care anyway.)

The thing is , i love fighting among ranged and i think most of this community does so.They add the medieval atmosphere for sure.But when %40,%50 or more of the people are ranged on 1 server (Usually they gather in 1 team magically !)It ruins the game experience.

So i came up with this idea but since it's impossible to do and most of you didn't like it,what other things to do to slow down the rangespam ? Limiting ranged class for each team won't work either cuz there is no "class" system in cRPG. :|
This game,as it is now forces melee to play shielder or ninja(I mean ninja tactics.) . Cuz of this situation we miss the epic braveheart style battles where two armies fight face to face under the rain of arrows.Most of the melee dies without getting into contact lol !

Most of the rounds end like this:
1 shielder 1-2 ranged survives and the shielder guy tries to chase and kill the running archers...same shit happens all the time.Sometimes shielder wins sometimes archer.
  Im concerned cuz this game wasn't like that 1-2 months before.It was more fun,it was more epic so i am trying to suggest some solutions and want to see the response from community.
 (Im talking about EU battle servers idk how its going on at NA.)

edit:You guys love the word "nerf".Adding some challenge is not a nerf for god sake .

It's because people use wrong tactics. You have no right to whine about getting picked off before reaching enemy melee if you can make a shieldwall and advance together, 2h behind shielders. Well, many maps are horrible though with tons of camping places you can't really reach.
As for archer running, yeah, this was predicted by archers before the slot patch, ofc, archers want to win too, so if they have little chance winning a melee, they run and hope some other archer shoots you. There's still a lot of unneccessary bullshit going on, running/camping forever when round is lost because you can get a few extra kills on bored people/noobs, but lets be honest melee and cavalry are exactly the same in that respect.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 11:48:52 pm »
Either way its fun to play without crosshair..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruf5iXvdxXY&feature=related  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.