Poll

Well...

Stay
53 (35.3%)
Go
97 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Ranged stagger: Should it stay or should it go  (Read 5773 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Ranged stagger: Should it stay or should it go
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:21:27 pm »
+11
Well?

I think it should be gone.  Interrupting your movement should be enough, as it is with any other weapon type.  If polearms (the heaviest weapons in the game theoretically) lost pole stagger, I think it's justified to remove ranged stagger (I think it should have been done at the same time as when pole stagger was removed).

If you won't remove ranged stagger, than I propose that all weapons have stagger added when you hit someone.

Look 1 vote for go, 0 for stay.  It's a consensus...remove ranged stagger.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:18:33 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
Re: Ranged stun: Should it stay or should it go
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:32:04 pm »
+14
Copy pasted from another thread:

For me, the only truly rage-inducing thing about ranged is having a good fight interrupted by a 3 damage stun-arrow that cancels a critical block/attack.

A high damage arrow shot absolutely should stun. A peashooter? not so much.

Solution:
Arrows that do more than 25% of a player's health in one shot will stun. Others will not. (The exact damage/stun threshold will have to be fine tuned, of course).

A couple of possibilities:
Damage over X% Target's Max HP to stun.
Makes HP stacking much better against range.

Damage over X% Target's current HP to stun.
Gives you 1-2 free "resist arrow stuns" at high HP, but not at low HP

Damage over X% of Target's Max/Current HP where X is calculated from their armor value (eg. no armor = 10%, full tincan = 40%)
Gives high armor players an ability to resist arrow CC, but not damage.

Damage over X flat value.
Crudest and simplest option

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:34:42 pm »
IMO if they don't nerf ranged then remove the stun. If they do nerf the dmg of ranged I wouldn't mind it staying because with lower dmg they gotta be effective somehow.

EDIT: Was too lazy to read above post ^^^^ Like that idea much more.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:40:49 pm »
Copy pasted from another thread:

I like this. Still can stun but has to do serious damage to do it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 2615
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 12:18:17 am »
I'm fine with it. But if you remove the stun, weight of arrows and bows need to go back to normal values. Because stun is what allows archers to kite. If you're afraid of high ATH archers, there is easy solution for that as well. Raise bow STR requirements so that players can't have those 18/24+ builds anymore.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 01:12:16 am »
Raise bow STR requirements so that players can't have those 18/24+ builds anymore.

You can't do that without increasing accuracy on the bows and lowering riding skill for horses like the Arabian or Eastern because the reason archers and HA's get so much AGI is for Weapon Master and Riding.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lord_Kitazawa_of_Voodoo

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Forsvar_KUTT, Forsvar_RAW_and_UnKUTT, Elbatiforp, Special_Agent_Fliegelbaum
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:20:06 am »
+8
How about a compromise? To me, the annoying archers are the ones with tatar and nomad bows. With high proficiency (agi-whore build) they can shoot extremely fast, extremely accurate AND do good damage. They shouldn't be able to stun people as well. On the other hand, I doubt anyone would be able to take an arrow from a long bow and not stagger for a moment. I propose that ranged stun should stay for the more powerful bows (long bow, bow, rus bow, and MAYBE horn bow and yumi). This would encourage people to use strength archer builds instead of agi builds, therefore decreasing the number of people making STF archers with 9 athletics.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 01:23:53 am »
How about a compromise? To me, the annoying archers are the ones with tatar and nomad bows. With high proficiency (agi-whore build) they can shoot extremely fast, extremely accurate AND do good damage. They shouldn't be able to stun people as well. On the other hand, I doubt anyone would be able to take an arrow from a long bow and not stagger for a moment. I propose that ranged stun should stay for the more powerful bows (long bow, bow, rus bow, and MAYBE horn bow and yumi). This would encourage people to use strength archer builds instead of agi builds, therefore decreasing the number of people making STF archers with 9 athletics.

EH?

That works too. Interesting ideas popping up in here.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 01:34:18 am »

Say what? Do you know what the word compromise even means? The OP proposing a nerf request with no offsetting bonus and then you posting to nerf only one slot bows with no offsetting bonus is not a compromise. A compromise would be "nerf stuns but increase missile speed" or "nerf stuns but increase accuracy so it doesn't take as much WM to shoot someone at far range". Those are compromises, not what you are proposing.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 01:35:42 am »
+2
Remove it completely with no compensation in buffs or exceptions for the high tier bows or throwing. No excuses to leave it in, balance or "fun gameplay" wise.

Suggestions to do anything else are from Bad players with Bad ideas.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 01:44:58 am »
+7
Remove it completely with no compensation in buffs or exceptions for the high tier bows or throwing. No excuses to leave it in, balance or "fun gameplay" wise.

Suggestions to do anything else are from Bad players with Bad ideas.

Offline Lord_Kitazawa_of_Voodoo

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Forsvar_KUTT, Forsvar_RAW_and_UnKUTT, Elbatiforp, Special_Agent_Fliegelbaum
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 01:54:24 am »
+2
Say what? Do you know what the word compromise even means? The OP proposing a nerf request with no offsetting bonus and then you posting to nerf only one slot bows with no offsetting bonus is not a compromise. A compromise would be "nerf stuns but increase missile speed" or "nerf stuns but increase accuracy so it doesn't take as much WM to shoot someone at far range". Those are compromises, not what you are proposing.

It's a compromise to the argument between archers and melee players. Most melee want ranged stun to be removed completely, but most ranged want it to be left alone. So I said remove it on the lower tier bows but keep it on the higher tier bows. Is that not a compromise? (I wasn't quite that clear in my original post - apologies)

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 02:55:16 am »
I think the stun should stay, it gives archery a purpose especially for team work, instead i think the dmg should be nerfed. Arrow stun is realistic and fun.
Any good skilled archer should use the stun on his advantage instead of just spaming arrows to inflict dmg.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:02:50 am by Viriathus »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 04:36:53 am »
+6
I think the stun should stay, it gives archery a purpose especially for team work, instead i think the dmg should be nerfed. Arrow stun is realistic and fun.
Any good skilled archer should use the stun on his advantage instead of just spaming arrows to inflict dmg.
Arrow stun is realistic and fun.
realistic and fun.

Skyrim UI

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile