Exams and school
32 (8.4%)
Mod too old brah
113 (29.7%)
Other games
68 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 379

Voting closed: January 30, 2014, 05:28:47 pm

Author Topic: Number of players declining  (Read 19103 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: Number of players declining
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »
+2
Leveling in cRPG simply isn't what it used to be. We should just remove them entirely.  :twisted:
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2014, 03:11:27 pm »
Levelling your character and your gear are pretty important traits in games that want longevity. I think cRPG is just too scewed towards long term players. When you level up your gear you don't lose anything at all, its not like there are any downsides, you don't even pay more upkeep. You should get access to more options by levelling rather than just get more powerful

It takes too long to get a useful character too. Why not start off useful and just get more options or a slight advantage? The advantage from gear and levels is huge atm, and then you add that the game takes a hell of a long time to get anywhere proficient at
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2014, 03:46:13 pm »
+1
Levelling your character and your gear are pretty important traits in games that want longevity. I think cRPG is just too scewed towards long term players. When you level up your gear you don't lose anything at all, its not like there are any downsides, you don't even pay more upkeep. You should get access to more options by levelling rather than just get more powerful

It takes too long to get a useful character too. Why not start off useful and just get more options or a slight advantage? The advantage from gear and levels is huge atm, and then you add that the game takes a hell of a long time to get anywhere proficient at

I think there's a place for multiplayer games that are unfair, in the sense that some people are way more powerful than others, in a competitive setting. I mean, people that started back in 2010 like me had fun playing as peasants against knights even though we had very little chances to win those fights. But cRPG is definitely not this anymore, as a crushing majority of players are in the "endgame" stage. Unbalanced power remains fun as long as you aren't the only one (or very few) struggling to kill anything while all the other players are gods.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2014, 04:11:03 pm »
+1
well I started playing in like 2012 and as of right now I have 6 MW items,
(click to show/hide)
which is pretty much a full set. I am not sure if this shows how much of an addict I am or that MW items only stake about 3-4 months each to acquire, or roughly 1 retirement per month?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2014, 04:50:32 pm »
seriously, nobody cares you left...

love you too guys but frankly your warm comment was not what I was looking for it was merely to point out when I stopped... you know... to reason and add to my past comment why I quit  :wink:

but funny how you always are ready and keen on minuses and bullshit comments haha you must be dreaming of me every single night

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2014, 04:58:58 pm »
I think there's a place for multiplayer games that are unfair, in the sense that some people are way more powerful than others, in a competitive setting. I mean, people that started back in 2010 like me had fun playing as peasants against knights even though we had very little chances to win those fights. But cRPG is definitely not this anymore, as a crushing majority of players are in the "endgame" stage. Unbalanced power remains fun as long as you aren't the only one (or very few) struggling to kill anything while all the other players are gods.

there is no competition in a world where the setting players more powerful than others, teaming up against the not so powerful-not-in-any-team. sure some players are better than others, but this is a team game not a 1vs1 game. powerful players should be put with the less powerful. stacking powerful players into team with already loads of powerful players, putting this team up against a bunch of randoms who is not in any team and not able to communicate at the same level as the powerful team® is not competition and if you think that you are frankly very delusional or twisted by many years of crpg abuse. because actually thats what I would call the current ruleset of crpg, abuse. its using new players as cannonfodder sparring food for the powerful clans®. some new players will of course join these clans where the rest of the new players will just quit or like me take the sour with the sweet and take the beating for some years till they finally get enough and quit.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:07:10 pm by Sniger »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2014, 05:02:40 pm »
I think another part of the problem is that this game is almost exclusively skill based, which means you have to develop the reflexes and muscle memory to be really successfull. There are no "secondary" aspects, since the game always boils down to killing others. That way it is much more demanding than a game like an MMORPG which you can like "read into" it, or a game where you can also accomplish an objective to gain something, instead of only having the option to kill or get killed.

And we need some good tutorial videos, not only about how to fight but also about how to create your build, how the skills work with other things (PD reducing WPF, armour affecting your WPF, etc.), and, most important of all, how to not become yet another of those autowalker-Rambo-lemmings.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »
the reason why I keep whine I because I (IMVPO) think its such a frikking dang shame because the combat mech is fucking awesome, the items is fucking awesome and the gameplay when its fun is fucking awesome. its just spoiled by rapeage. and it gotta stop! look at every other old game that is still played! its fucking balanced! if it wasn't balanced properly, people wouldn't play it! just because a bunch of players in EU play it every day doesn't mean its good, its because they are addicted to the combat like we all are. they hate the unfair balance just as much unless they are in one of the mega factions and benefit from the unbalance!

then people say "then just join of the megafactions!"

imagine if everyone was thinking like this? its pure darwin, eventually the entire crpg player base (or 95%) would be in one clan and they would be fighting eachother on FFA servers as well as sdtrategus... that's not fun or competition that's just silly!

give at least the players a chance to correct it themselves when its too unbalanced, i.e. add some predefined troops/classes players can pick, for example when too much cav, they can pick a spear troop class instead of their crpg char and gain anti-cav advantage but no xp/gold gain. merc. mod have a similar system and I think it works well. if its unbalanced, players can always pick a troop that can counter the current enemy and this way balance it out more. if it stays unbalanced and players still play on their leveling toon, the unbalance is sort of their own fault and their whine have no grounds

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:30:13 pm by Sniger »

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2014, 05:17:39 pm »
+1
Ive found since retiring recently and working my way up again that being high level makes a hell of a difference. You can almost name the high lvl guys from how fast they are while still hitting like a train.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »
+3
I agree that the banner balance system is a nightmare for players who aren't in a clan. I took a look at the code to see if I could do anything, but it's too complicated and long for me. What I had in mind is count "group players" as more than 1 player, so that clan stacks would end up having less non-affiliated players than the other side, so that the teams would be uneven in total. I think this would still be fair, because a) clan players are in average more skilled than other players and b) clan players often have voice communication, giving them a big advantage over other players.

My idea was to find a formula that would scale effective playercount based on the size of the clan banner group. E.g. if only 2-4 players form a group, they might be counted as 1.1 or 1.2 players each, and if player count in the group went up, it would count them as 1.3-1.5, approaching, but never reaching 2 for the very large groups.

Other people also want to take class into account, so that cav isn't massed up on one side, or ranged, but I think this will become very complicated, probably unsolvable.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »
Or or or....

People could start to use their brain, an group up to counter the clan stackers....

Its really simple, the days of Solo hero cRPG is long gone, so adapt instead of crying OP CLAN STACKERS!!! OP CLAN STACKERS!!! Buuu fuckin hueee....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2014, 05:55:32 pm »
+4
Or or or....

People could start to use their brain, an group up to counter the clan stackers....

Its really simple, the days of Solo hero cRPG is long gone, so adapt instead of crying OP CLAN STACKERS!!! OP CLAN STACKERS!!! Buuu fuckin hueee....

I really admire your perseverance, Tzar. Despite constantly getting negative feedback every time you open your mouth, you somehow still think it's worth it to speak. You are a modern day hero!
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2014, 06:04:34 pm »
Or or or....

hey wait you are in byz right? so you are lobbying and your argument is not valid

speaking with a byz or merc about change or removal of banner balance is like speaking to Donald trump about cars running on fossil fuel or, lol, Wayne LaPierre about gun bans x)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:12:27 pm by Sniger »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »
I really admire your perseverance, Tzar. Despite constantly getting negative feedback every time you open your mouth, you somehow still think it's worth it to speak. You are a modern day hero!

hey wait you are in byz right? so you are lobbying and your argument is not valid

speaking with a byz or merc about change or removal of banner balance is like speaking to Donald trump about cars running on fossil fuel or, lol, Wayne LaPierre about gun bans x)

Being in a clan or not does not change the fact, that EU1 is shitfest of braindead solo turds running around....
Its not like i haven't been on the receiving end, when clannies aint online which is pretty often....

I can mention the 453465654 billion times i cried out in chat telling the team to group up, yet people rarely listen.....

If people just got used to group up, there wouldnt be the need for crying about clan stackers, cause the strat is fairly simple... Group up an run the other team down.

PS: BLOB WINS EVERYTIME
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:33:20 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2014, 06:37:19 pm »
sorry sir, but I disagree.

you do know teamspeak yes? have you ever considered how much advantage it really is?

also you are kinda like saying that I don't know how to play the game and im a noob. ive killed and ganked you lots of times and ive had my top scores too so please

I refuse to believe that you are this retarded and blind to fact I choose to think you must be lobbying