Exams and school
32 (8.4%)
Mod too old brah
113 (29.7%)
Other games
68 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 379

Voting closed: January 30, 2014, 05:28:47 pm

Author Topic: Number of players declining  (Read 19057 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Number of players declining
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2014, 06:47:00 pm »
+3
Bla bla bla...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »
indeed sir you are correct

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2014, 06:54:14 pm »
+1
Something easier to code and would help overall balance would be to give clans a rating. 5 being the top tier clans, going down from their. Banner balance should split the clans up according to power, never having two tier 5s on a same team unless unavoidable. The rating could even be lower the less people on in a given clan, once 4+ players are online the clan has 100% of their rating "applied". The only thing good about steamroll maps is a multiplier, and if this system is getting reworked there is no reason to want to have one sided maps.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2014, 06:57:44 pm »
when you implement a feat like banner balance, the true balance will be in the hands of clan-leaders.

clan-leaders is players like you are me and next doors pre-teen.

a good player like you and me will always attempt to achieve her or his gaming goals as easy and fast as possible, despite moral and ethics, because after all its just a game. am I right yes?

do I have to say more? please say if you want me to elaborate on this, I can if need be, I know its a bit clumsy put, English is not my native.

best regard

/badass

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2014, 07:26:55 pm »
+11
It doesn't help when people do shit like this.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2014, 07:56:57 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
Yes, always been a fan of this idea. The balancer should just add additional weight for clanned players and balance accordingly, even if this goes so far as making the teams 30 vs 40. I think adding another layer of banner to take classes into account based on wpf and riding skill or even selected equipment can't be impossible to code. First do the banner balance, then the class balance and finally get everything sorted according to the performance/level/gear balance. Allow aggressive adjustments each round. Not a coder, but such a system would be great.

(By the way, don't overestimate the usefulness of being on a teamspeak for clans. In Byzantium there is rarely more than some loose cohesion, very loose coordination and the occasional 'halp' or come back and I doubt other clans do much more. Because of the very spread out nature of the battle on EU_1, strict sticking together is usually detrimental to the chances of your team. Rounds are won mostly because clans attract veteran and serious players and have the tendency to have a high density of highly skilled, highly loomed and highly levelled players on a server at a time, all of which can be balanced against)

Also Sniger, Byzantium and other clans are not a gathering of sour nerds whose sole goal it is to get the highest multiplier possible and go all alpha-tango-1-2 professional while fapping over valour. We are just a bunch of guys hanging out on a teamspeak having a laugh and a chat while we play games. No need to be so intensely and irrationally hateful towards us or any of our members. Join us on teamspeak and have a chat with us and I am sure you'll think we are decent lads. Although I highly suspect you are way too awkward to actually talk to people online.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2014, 08:18:10 pm »
Clan balance usually doesn't have the best and biggest clans on the same side, so dunno why its such a problem. You tend to get Byz vs Mercs, or Mercs vs Grey Order. Balancing based on people simply being in a clan together won't work either since we have big clans that don't necessarily do as well as random guys in small clans or none at all. The clans that don't perform as well can rise to the occasion too and get better. You don't have to be great players to support each other and stick together

I think it would be a shame to mess about too much with balance. We get more teamwork I think as it is, and I don't think you should punish players for doing well. Should mostly balance single good performers if you have to. Simply switching one guy over can have a big impact on balance and thats how it is now. Problem with that again is punishing people for doing well especially when they go back and forth from one team to the other

Maybe big top clans could be split in half sometimes, but then you might get more instances of ghosting or people not wanting to fight their own clan mates.

Class balancing might help. If a clan is raping then stick a load of OP ranged on the other team and that might balance things (in a none-fun way tho)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2014, 08:26:31 pm »
banner balance + level balance (mostly only for playersd with no clan mates online) + some weird class balance where cav gets on 1 team and range on another... its just one big mess.

yeah I know Teeth some is just hanging out on ts and bullshitting and so on I know I know BUT you should not UNDERestimate the effect of just 1 guy saying 1 intel on ts (despite all the bullshitting that's also goes on) I perfectly knows how it is ive been in clans and ive been on teamspeak, I hated it, no discipline or anything just bullshitting and occasionally intel here and there if we were loosing too much. I just think that winning team have waaaaay too much advantage over loosing.

why have banner balance on FFA servers?? seriously?! a clan with 30 members will surely get to play on same team even without banner balance. and even when a clan stacks the server, some of them will be teamswapped (i guess the balancer is trolling cus the swap usally have no effect whatsoever) so why?! WHY?! why keep banner balance instead of normal balance? we can still get to use the banners and shit... in my little useless conspiracy head theres only one reason why banner balance is in effect on FFA servers.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2014, 08:29:18 pm »
but well I should STFU really, I don't play the mod anymore lol and I guess crpg was designed with banner balance (WTJ :p) in mind so who am I kidding?  :P

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2014, 08:31:32 pm »
ghosting or people not wanting to fight their own clan mates
Class balancing might help. If a clan is raping then stick a load of OP ranged on the other team and that might balance things (in a none-fun way tho)

+1 to this, -1 to the rest :p

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2014, 10:58:19 pm »
Something easier to code and would help overall balance would be to give clans a rating. 5 being the top tier clans, going down from their. Banner balance should split the clans up according to power, never having two tier 5s on a same team unless unavoidable. The rating could even be lower the less people on in a given clan, once 4+ players are online the clan has 100% of their rating "applied". The only thing good about steamroll maps is a multiplier, and if this system is getting reworked there is no reason to want to have one sided maps.

Sounds interesting, but

I agree that the banner balance system is a nightmare for players who aren't in a clan. I took a look at the code to see if I could do anything, but it's too complicated and long for me.

makes it sound like it's one huge mess, which is expected from how well it works in-game. Sounds like any change will be difficult.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:08:01 pm by San »

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2014, 10:40:24 am »
+5

Did you know you can post multiple ideas in one post?

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2014, 11:33:04 am »
I agree that the banner balance system is a nightmare for players who aren't in a clan. I took a look at the code to see if I could do anything, but it's too complicated and long for me.

Any chance we could see it too?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2014, 11:50:50 am »
+1
All I see is number of ranged increasing, meaning real players is still declining.  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2014, 12:08:30 pm »
All I see is number of ranged increasing, meaning real players is still declining.  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

last patch lower population of archers playing c-rpg, only old and most retarded ones like me are still pew pew :P
Archer forever :D