Exams and school
32 (8.4%)
Mod too old brah
113 (29.7%)
Other games
68 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 379

Voting closed: January 30, 2014, 05:28:47 pm

Author Topic: Number of players declining  (Read 19157 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Number of players declining
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 03:05:02 pm »
+4
..., archery is fine (best archer on eu - Bagge have K/D 3.2:1, it's not amazing) And we should remember that he and also I are hi lvls with tons of experience.
Level:36
Experience:578,972,472
Kills/Deaths:37595/15784, 2.4:1

That in comparison to bagge, could tell me ... i suck  :mrgreen:
or
your argument does
or
both  :rolleyes:
---------------------------------------------
While trying to change the framwork of the arguments away from archery, is understandable from your point of view, it but doesnt magicly reduce the number count of ranged players, which is undeniably very often very high. Having 60% of ranged(on foot or on horse, bow , xbow, throwing ... siege the balistas *sigh*) is not an experience i alone but many have witnessed and made for themselves.
If then so nice topics in the forum arrive where it is pointed out that many ranged players would use modifications to make the game easier for them, then there is soon a point reached where i stop arguing altogether. If the only causes of action available is either to join them or to quit the game, well then fuck the game!

Also, while i see that occationally getting shot, being angry and ragy about it, seing that as a benefit to get action and excitment into the game. Getting shot all the time, not being able to be on the flank without being sorrounded by a bunch of fucking HA/HX, well flanking is no option atm, the way and purpose i constructed my character for, is mostly gone in my eyes. Thats why i am on fucking siege for nearly 2 years now, this is not just happening lately, and thats maybe why you cant see it happening clearly. This process is going on for a long while, it just happened to reach a point many others cant stand it anymore aswell.

I try not to fall to any illusions, even if a heavy nerf would discourage a few ranged players, there will be still more then enough ^^ and most likely also very effective still. So i basicly have to live with becoming a siege player and from what i can say, that is because of too much ranged. It was back then 2 years ago when i started avoiding eu1 and it is now the case why i wont be on eu1 longer then 30 min normally without getting really pissed at this shity CS clone.

So Steve, i am glad you and others maybe having the time of their life in this game, but others dont anymore, because of ranged. Is that now your fault? Nope, not at all, it got out of hand a long time ago and warnings back then havent been heared.

EDIT: pfff using siege as substitute for battle, because of ranged, pffff the irony pfffff the cynicism  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:39:16 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2014, 03:12:49 pm »
+2
oops

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2014, 05:27:32 pm »
Lots of ranged, competative scene not very big (almost no tournaments/clan battles), old mod and on a temporary break.. will probably return in a month or something.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2014, 05:41:58 pm »
+1
...well, if i'm sick of all those melee's in crpg ...i gonna shoot some lines in nw & if i'm sick of all those ranged in crpg ...i gonna bayonettstab some shooters in nw.

...it's all about a pause.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2014, 06:57:12 pm »
+1
There's no quitting, but let's just say that I believe more than 1/3rd of my complete cRPG playtime was in 2010.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1792
  • Infamy: 2221
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2014, 07:00:08 pm »
You play more than ever these days, Kafein. Is everything fine with you?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2014, 07:09:45 pm »
+1
You play more than ever these days, Kafein. Is everything fine with you?

No I don't. Just because you see me around doesn't mean I play a lot. I played more this month than some months in the past sure, I've done impromptu "breaks" with no intent of quitting. But I don't play cRPG half as much today as I did back then.

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2014, 11:09:26 pm »
+1
Steam sale just happened.
I know a lot of cRPG players on Dayz and Rust.
I know a lot of cRPG players split their time up on one MOBA or another too.
I barely know anyone who said "fuck cRPG I quit for good". Mount and Blade is a classic and nothing out there like it. They will come back at some point. Now you can certainly provide incentives for people to come back and it would probably boost the population. Even provide good things for new players to actually increase the player base. 

I think ranged in general does a bit too much damage but it is mainly those that are really good at the skill make it feel overpowered. I have a 30 archer(Crazyeye) alt and a 30 thrower alt(CrayCray) and when I am on fire with either its pretty easy to top the boards.  The only difference between a really good archer vs melee or cav, the archer never has to be in direct danger to hit. I don't feel like the damage output potential matches up with the risk taken.

I honestly think if they just limited how many people can spawn with ranged weaponry vs melee vs cav. 1 3 1 ratio respectively or something? 
Maybe make it for bows/xbows the damage goes up the closer you are to encourage risk taking archery? Throwers should have a "charge time" like melee does where the longer you hold it up to a point you gain more damage and have the base damage reduced.
Just throwing out ideas, don't hurrr hurrr hurrrt me.

P.S. Some of you have developed insane melee skills through unreasonable amount of play time or use things like controllers to make it easier.... you are part of the reason there is so much ranged. A new player cannot even hope to beat you between the skill and gear difference. I mainly stick to Cav and archer because some of you have practiced far more than I ever will attempt. So don't hate when people go for the lower learning curve weapons because you are a large part of why.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:18:32 pm by Crazyi »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2014, 11:26:19 pm »
+9
Maybe we could do a "bring a friend" campaign, if he signs up using your link, you'll get 100k when he reaches level 30.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2014, 11:42:29 pm »
Maybe we could do a "bring a friend" campaign, if he signs up using your link, you'll get 100k when he reaches level 30.

Oh sweet jesus pls
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2014, 01:52:27 am »
I am not sure the numbers are declining at all.... there are always a server with people playing. EU or NA.

Playing a double hated class, cav and ranged, I expect no sympathy for my main concern.

Maps seems to be mainly cities and villages, often full of props and hard to manouvre scenes.
Makes it hard to get any overview, and hard to actually play if you are ranged or on horseback.
It breaks down the battle to many small skirmishes out of sight of eachother.

I miss the "good old days" with open maps... even the random mount everest plains.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2014, 05:57:39 am »
+2

Brb making friends
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2014, 06:41:34 am »
I like the recruit a friend idea. Can't hurt right?

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2014, 07:03:39 am »
If I had to guess, one reason we don't very many new players is because the leveling/retiring system is atrociously fucking boring.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2014, 07:09:14 am »
Yea but at gen 10 i'm in too deep now man :cry: