Exams and school
32 (8.4%)
Mod too old brah
113 (29.7%)
Other games
68 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 379

Voting closed: January 30, 2014, 05:28:47 pm

Author Topic: Number of players declining  (Read 19117 times)

Offline green727

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Number of players declining
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 10:59:34 pm »
+9
I blame people not being patient enough to learn how to play and get everything set up correctly, not anything related to the game itself really. This game is still a blast.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »
+1
Ehhh... the way i see it, we have more people playing then we used to have for the last 8 months...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 11:06:52 pm »
+1
I have hard time due to tons of informations to learn for exams, but i think noone is missing me - at least one archer less.
In last week i played 2 times (today for like 4 maps). It's still fun to shot ppl or kill them with 2 ps :D
Archer forever :D

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:16 pm »
+1
ranged cunts, ballistaes and bad siege maps

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:36 pm »
agi stabbers, archers and throwing

and no your not all doing it now cuz mod is old and your bored, you would have done it back then...when it wasn't OP
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 11:50:23 pm »
+10
1. Strategus, people putting too much effort into it after which they get burned out and quit crpg all together. It also quite well kills all community events (i cant participate, strat battle at 8pm etc.). Plus all the drama it generates makes mod less appealing in the long run to some at least others love that type of drama.

2. Barely active dev team, changes in map rotation takes too long.

3. Couple of gameplay changes that were uncalled for, but devs knew better.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2429
  • Infamy: 2777
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2014, 12:01:56 am »
Yeah, you might have a point Chagan. Also, you're not the only map maker who makes map to "his liking". All map makers do that, guess that goes under "I spend my free time yo, might as well get some advantage for myself while I'm doing it".

Hopefully Strategus will spice things up, because I remember this mod being in much better shape. There are players, but there are less compared to what I'm used to. Also we have less servers, and there are people playing for only couple of hours per day.

Feels like your normal game, nowhere near good old cRPG where everyone spent their whole day playing and wanting more.

Didn't expect so many votes for balancers, think they are doing their usual, lousy job. Nothing changed there.

I can adapt to everything but can't adapt to lack of players, sadly. It's fine atm, but if they remove double XP and something new and fresh comes out I'll be playing this mod by myself on an almost empty server.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:56 am »
It's fine atm, but if they remove double XP and something new and fresh comes out I'll be playing this mod by myself on an almost empty server.
Don't worry Leshma, I'll come to HS you  :twisted:
Archer forever :D

Offline tisjester

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: TitsJester
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2014, 02:42:01 pm »
I'd say lack of game modes is to blame. The same ol' battle and siege gets boring after a couple hundred hours. Should replace the rageball server with something good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2014, 03:00:01 pm »
Add 'Strat burned ppl out' to poll imo.

EDIT: Ah Chagan already said that. I think I;d like to add that I foun strat divided clans a bit, i dont mean interpersonally, i mean they wouldnt play together as much. Half a clan accepted for a batttle, the other clan cba or not accepted. Then half the clan goes and sits in a massive ts where usually one/two guys they dont know gives orders, often in a stressed manner that makes the time spent playing less fun than it normally is.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:04:17 pm by NejStark »
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2014, 03:51:12 pm »
+1
As the release of the new M&B draws closer, the player base will increase. Many will dust off their weapons and start playing again.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 06:15:45 pm »

And the biggest reason imo is that they have slowed down the game sooooo much. Melee combat is slowed down to hell compared to Native vanilla. Horses speed are slowed down to hell and beyond. Every newbie can block easily nowadays and the the combat doesn't flow as great as it used to.

It's almost like they made these changes for old people who are too slow to react and want to fight slow and boring fights.
within these lines i see some truth.

So increase time to enable block?
You would need to time your blocks better or go for spam and aim to chamber more, which would give perhaps back some of the fluant feeling, the flow you mentioned. Or has it to be done by weapon speed increase? Which i guess would resulting mostly in spam.

1. Strategus, people putting too much effort into it after which they get burned out and quit crpg all together. It also quite well kills all community events (i cant participate, strat battle at 8pm etc.). Plus all the drama it generates makes mod less appealing in the long run to some at least others love that type of drama.
give me a diplomatic system in strategus, narrow down the economical adavantages of huge factions, so i and others dont feel the need so much to carebear, action point system so those who organize stuff can do so in a restricted way also for others

2. ... changes in map rotation takes too long.
this and the variety perhaps has to be increased ^^ no thats not the same, new maps not only rotation the old once

HA, HX, kiting archers, oneshotting throwers and crossbows?  :P
that without hesitation

When new players show up anyone who wants to see this mod survive a bit longer should help and welcome them, not abuse them or just tell them to "fuck off to forum noob" when advice is asked for which is far too common. Basically dont be a sad unfriendly twat, and if you are such a pathetic example of humanity you cant be civil to someone less skilled than you at an utterly meaningless computer game at least keep quiet.
this also would help

I blame people not being patient enough to learn how to play and get everything set up correctly, not anything related to the game itself really. This game is still a blast.
That was always the case with this game, it has a high level of frustration built in for different aspects, those are partly why we love/hate this game so much and mayn coe mback again and again to it. Once a player has overcome a certain treashold of frustration, he is hooked ... for eternaty.

Also if we would get a positive answer on the question, will cRPG/strategus be converted to M&B2?(positiv answer being yes)
No matter who the devs then would be then, it would help to gain and hold community members for the future.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1070
  • Infamy: 1187
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 06:30:40 pm »
Also if we would get a positive answer on the question, will cRPG/strategus be converted to M&B2?(positiv answer being yes)
No matter who the devs then would be then, it would help to gain and hold community members for the future.

Doubt chadz & co. will do it. But cRPG and Strategus aren't protected names, if I (for example) want to make similar mod for M&B2, chadz can't do anything to stop me using cRPG² and Strategus names.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 06:31:04 pm »
+2

Pretty much this. Just realized that last 3 weeks I've played about 1 hour a week... mostly because nowdays even in siege about 2/3 of deaths come by either one shot arbalests or hail of arrows. I'm getting pretty ready to retire myself.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 07:29:01 pm »
+4

and rondel shielders.