Author Topic: FUCK THIS BULLSHIT  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: FUCK THIS BULLSHIT
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2014, 04:39:24 pm »
No weakling would stand a chance of penetrating heavy armour with a pointy weapon, no matter how pointy, even weapons designed for that purpose rely on a great amount of strength from the user.

And as for the knockdown, can you imagine in all honesty any blunt weapon strong enough to knock a tall, hardened, plate-covered knight over if only used in one hand? I can imagine a 2-handed hammer-blow to the chest or higher would send someone down, but a 1-handed strike? Maybe if you had Mjollnir, but we all know only Thor can lift that and we aren't Thor. 1handed knockdown makes little sense to me, i can't imagine it having the weight to knock anyone down even in light armour, it'd crack bones and kill you sure, but not send you flying. Just picture very carefully in your mind what it would be like to get hit by a workshop hammer, are you going flying? If you hit the ground it's only cos of the trauma, not dissimilar to if someone lodge a sword in your head. I had a golf club to the face once (i'd classify that as a 2hander), and even then it wasn't the momentum that dropped me lol, imagine if i'd been in plate and it had been a shitty 1handed swing instead.

First off, I never said anything about heavy armor penetration. I was responding to this:

Also, this is the only medieval game where you don't need strength for damage.

You dont need strenght to deal great ammount of damage, you only need it to get through armor (and sometimes not even that, if you know how to strike). Anyone who is strong enough wield and use weapon like rapier or estoc can be deadly killer if he knows how to strike.

Second, all weapons I have mentioned (wooden mallet, big stick, baseball bat) are all two handed weapons (sorry if that was not clear enough).

Ofc one handed mallet will probably not be enough to send someone in a good helmet on their back, but weapon like baseball bat or a two handed wooden mallet for sure will.

I had a golf club to the face once

Golf club hit is nothing compared to baseball hit. And that must have either been pussy hit, or a joke hit. If someone hit you with full force, you would easily fall into unconsciousness and probably into a coma.

Yeah a 1h blunt weapon would likely not knock you down (not from the force of impact anyways, maybe because you got fucked up).  It could likely cause damage to you, but it wouldn't likely knock you down.  1h knockdown could very easily be removed, the only issue is that it would basically make blunt/pierce redundant weapon damage types for 1h.  1h blunt vs pierce damages on weapons would have to be rebalanced.

That depends on the circumstances. Remember that the weight of armor works against you, the heavier the armor the greater danger of you falling.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:42:52 pm by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2014, 09:35:27 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
When did this game become a realistic simulator? Shitton of stuff doesnt make sense in this game. 1h knockdown im quite sure is somewhere in the middle of that list. I quess getting knocked down kinda sucks, but honestly I never understood why some are so frustrated over it. Personally it has never really bothered me that much. Unlike the medieval steamtanks early in the morning with only 5 people in the server or the all-ranged teams. I quess I dont get mad over it cause generally the weapons that beat you on the ground swing normally, not like the hit before animation poleattacks or lolstab in the face 2hs. So I quess to me atleast, this game is broken in so many other angles that I dont really get bothered over 1h knockdown.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2014, 02:21:27 am »
you're a shielder, it's like the easiest class to block with and shit because all you do is hold right mouse and s key.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2014, 08:08:57 am »
+1
you're a shielder, it's like the easiest class to block with and shit because all you do is hold right mouse and s key.

I suggest you play shielder yourself and do just that, to see how that goes for you

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2014, 03:07:20 pm »

Once you've already began falling the armour would work against you, but the increased weight would mean the force required to make you begin falling must be higher.

The armor weight comes into effect the second an impact lands, with the hit pushing you (if you get hit right by someone right in front of you)
backwards and armor further weighting you down. Ofc it depends where are you hit.  Being hit by two handed wooden mallet in torso can make you lean forward, but you can also fall on your butt, while a hit to head will send you falling on your back.

Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.