Well...

Yes
142 (60.7%)
No
30 (12.8%)
Potato
62 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 232

Author Topic: Cheating or not: editing game textures  (Read 10375 times)

Offline Lord_Kitazawa_of_Voodoo

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Forsvar_KUTT, Forsvar_RAW_and_UnKUTT, Elbatiforp, Special_Agent_Fliegelbaum
Re: Cheating or not: editing game textures
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2014, 12:28:43 am »
+3
Sadly, it seems like it's too much of an opinion between what textures are cheating (being used to gain an obvious advantage over someone) vs textures people download to make the game look awesome (heirloom pack, etc.). It seems that the only solution is to make people who use the "cheating" textures feel so bad about themselves that they quit cRPG. In this instance, I think the government would understand that cyberbullying was necessary (even if it resulted in suicide - as we all know, the only TRUE way to quit cRPG).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2014, 12:35:14 am »
+1
Sadly, it seems like it's too much of an opinion between what textures are cheating (being used to gain an obvious advantage over someone) vs textures people download to make the game look awesome (heirloom pack, etc.). It seems that the only solution is to make people who use the "cheating" textures feel so bad about themselves that they quit cRPG. In this instance, I think the government would understand that cyberbullying was necessary (even if it resulted in suicide - as we all know, the only TRUE way to quit cRPG).

They could just white list everything in the heirloom pack and disallow everything else. Then you submit stuff to someone like zagibu for approval on the white list. Thats kind of what chadz alluded to a while ago but don't think it happened. Now they probably need to have the hack details before blacklisting rather than the other way around
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2014, 02:10:21 am »
+3
Why not adopt the Final Heirloom Textures as an official part of the mod.  Then punish anyone that does not use those textures?

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2014, 02:13:58 am »
Why not adopt the Final Heirloom Textures as an official part of the mod.  Then punish anyone that does not use those textures?

Those textures look stupid anyway

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2014, 03:25:20 am »
+1

F that. I love seeing all these 2h heroes who thinks they're all that and me having customized their swords to look like red and blue lightsabers and my awesome neon colored bows and arrows.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2014, 08:07:02 am »
This is one of the reasons I switched to all green gear and stick to foliage as much as possible.
I realize it's not much for camouflage but it hopefully increases the chances I should be looked over or ignored.

If I have a massive pink bow and I'm shooting pink arrows with tracers, well...

Get a shield lol

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2014, 12:16:12 pm »
+5
Get a shield lol

I'm not sure I understand... Jeade is an archer.   :rolleyes:  He's simply saying his attempts at camouflaging himself are futile if he's holding a pink bow, shooting dildos, on some people's screen.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »
I think there is only one solution to solve this: everyone is getting the cheat packs, they will be implemented in cRPG for all players. No more bushes, haystacks, opaque buildings, hard to see projectiles, difficult aiming. We are still debating whether to activate auto block on servers, too.

Buffing shields rather than nerfing ranged kind of turns the game into autoblock melee
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2014, 05:01:41 pm »
Shields got buffed a bit last patch, maybe minor changes, but still buff... :)

But it's still good, that i can put an arrow in anaware shielders back  :twisted:
Archer forever :D

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:13 pm »
dont give people option to custom their client, thats normal in any other game isnt it? its for a reason. if you want to custom play some singleplayer, this is a competitive FPS game and thus stuff like custom textures shouldnt be allowed whatsoever (IMO)

go play the sims if you want to dress ur doll

Offline Tayzzer

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC
  • Game nicks: Zaylo_Unicorns, Zeyro_AoW, Talony_Vanguard_Of_AoW
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2014, 05:19:48 pm »
Cheating or not cheating are not the only two options for this subject, and a blanket statement on all texture editing would be erroneous. Cheating in this context centers around the idea of gaining an advantage ( an advantage in combat) .While it is true that some textures could give one an advantage like projectiles easier to see in flight, many are just for aesthetics. In a game with such a close knit community including our developers, even if we don't all get along it seems only fair and just that we help with the less important aspects such as aesthetics.

Do you all think me turning my Rus cavalry boots to a charcoal color and making the cavalry robe a faded blue gives me a tactical advantage?

Maybe we need a forum here on C-rpg for dds. & similar files that are edited by our community. Of course it would not stop those who are making an advantage for themselves stop. However it would allow us to share and monitor what we believe are improvements to the games visuals.

I am aware that tale worlds has such forums but however nasty or mean our community can get it does not hold a flame to the sort of abuse one would take if they god forbid made an error in the tale world modding forums.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:46:57 pm by Tayzzer »

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2014, 06:31:02 pm »
+3
Yeah well since its not an official rule, just a matter of perspective I suppose (don't know what's going through your walnut brain if you think this shit is ok) I wish this community was more ruthless about shitting on people who use these texture packs as means of gaining an advantage over others.  Flying Dildos, wallhacks, flat bushes etc.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:55 pm »
sorry i just wanted to ask this: why pink?

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2014, 06:50:09 pm »
sorry i just wanted to ask this: why pink?

Considering im the one seen responsible for this ill tell you, because I have no idea who made the pack and I dont know how to edit files I was just given the file and said to replace it with the old one.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »
Considering im the one seen responsible for this ill tell you, because I have no idea who made the pack and I dont know how to edit files I was just given the file and said to replace it with the old one.

Get the open brf and edit them to look cooler with blue and other sexy neon colors. Mine looks so awesome and then the 2h swords that looks like lightsabers is just too much lol.