Well...

Yes
142 (60.7%)
No
30 (12.8%)
Potato
62 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 232

Author Topic: Cheating or not: editing game textures  (Read 10381 times)

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
Re: Cheating or not: editing game textures
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2014, 03:54:17 pm »
So you think if YOU are able to spot them and OTHER'S ain't it's fair?
If they are hard to spot it maybe meant to be like it and all having the same troubles is still better than one having an advantage.
Selfish mentality causes cheating, good job on that.
And the argument that you're cheating ain't that bad like other's is just plain stupid, it's like saying "I punched the guy just once"
or "An autoblocker is still better than an autoaim-user" because one is for defence and the other for killing.
All kind's of unfair advantages are horseshit, that's it.

Oh no I would love there to be a pack like the Heirloom one that makes them easier to see. I also have not said no to anyone who has already asked me for the pink textures.

I may also just make a thread like the Heirloom one and just have it be for those who wish to be able to see their small projectiles, and im sure some1 can tweak it to not have it show on bows and such if they really do care.

Edit: Actually I think that it will be a wonderful idea, because then it is available to all and you can chose to have it or not. Just like the rain, thanks  :mrgreen:

Here is the pack for everyone so that everyone has a chance to have it. http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/projectile-pack/new/#new
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:20:28 pm by PsychoTwins »
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »
Bumping to show this.
http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/no-more-fog!/

It seems people didn't care much about the fog not too long ago and actually wanted it gone, but of course the color pink should definitely be banned  :mrgreen:
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2014, 07:49:12 pm »
+5
I personally don't care if people want pink equipment, that's very minor in my opinion (although very gamey).  I don't even think I would enjoy the game if I had pink weapons in the battlefield.  And anyone who saw me playing would call me a cheater as soon as they saw my computer monitor ("haha, are you cheating?").  Changing it so you have no fog, using transparent walls, having hay stacks and bushes that lay flat on the ground, those are a lot more serious to me. 

I think the whole thing can be easily fixed by having an official guide to what textures people can alter (and still be allowed to connect to the server with) and those they cannot (and will be punished for editing).  If you want your texture modification to be approved, you submit it and it gets looked at.  Seems pretty common sense to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2014, 07:54:16 pm »
+1
I personally don't care if people want pink equipment, that's very minor in my opinion (although very gamey).  I don't even think I would enjoy the game if I had pink weapons in the battlefield.  And anyone who saw me playing would call me a cheater as soon as they saw my computer monitor ("haha, are you cheating?").  Changing it so you have no fog, using transparent walls, having hay stacks and bushes that lay flat on the ground, those are a lot more serious to me. 

I think the whole thing can be easily fixed by having an official guide to what textures people can alter (and still be allowed to connect to the server with) and those they cannot (and will be punished for editing).  If you want your texture modification to be approved, you submit it and it gets looked at.  Seems pretty common sense to me.

I wish I could upvote the shit outta this.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2014, 08:01:01 pm »
+3
If one person can't see where his shots land and someone else can because he installed different textures then thats an obvious advantage. Why should one person see where things are and another not?

How about weapons being visible next to normal textures like poking out behind walls, in foliage etc? Obvious advantage

Blocking weapons? Highlighting certain weapons you consider to be higher threats? Making heads a different colour? Its not just gamey its cheating

Saying that though, its the devs responsibility to foster a good and fair environment. Their policies and attitude when people talk about this stuff gives people a good excuse to do it
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2014, 08:18:05 pm »
+4
If some tryhard nerd wants to ruin their game with pink bows and dildo swords let them, I really don't care.

p.s. Send dem links on my PM Berenger  :wink:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:28 pm »
+2
Although I think it is extremely stupid to use pink textures, I cannot deny that the heirloom pack confers some advantages. I love the way the weapons look, but I do use it to size up an opponent before a fight based on the loom level of the weapon. I was told that it helps make projectiles easier to see (not that I really notice a difference), which is an advantage as well.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2014, 09:20:58 pm »
+2
That's true that loomed arrows are a bit more visible in the air, but for me is more estetical aspect :)

Archer forever :D

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »
Although I think it is extremely stupid to use pink textures, I cannot deny that the heirloom pack confers some advantages. I love the way the weapons look, but I do use it to size up an opponent before a fight based on the loom level of the weapon. I was told that it helps make projectiles easier to see (not that I really notice a difference), which is an advantage as well.

(click to show/hide)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:54 pm »
+9
I think there is only one solution to solve this: everyone is getting the cheat packs, they will be implemented in cRPG for all players. No more bushes, haystacks, opaque buildings, hard to see projectiles, difficult aiming. We are still debating whether to activate auto block on servers, too.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2014, 10:55:37 pm »
+2
I think there is only one solution to solve this: everyone is getting the cheat packs, they will be implemented in cRPG for all players. No more bushes, haystacks, opaque buildings, hard to see projectiles, difficult aiming. We are still debating whether to activate auto block on servers, too.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2014, 10:58:01 pm »

When i used autoblock in Native i still sucked badly. Managed to defeat some guys in duels but u still gotta time your attacks right etc... I hate the crappy Warband melee system tbh that's why ranged and cavalry couching/lancing > Infantry Melee

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2014, 11:09:46 pm »
difficult aiming
Aiming is not dificult, it's hard to predict where target will be in some time.

We are still debating whether to activate auto block on servers, too.
NO for this one. this is a skill based game (hi lvls helps, but still can be beaten by normal player). Autoblock should be forbidden, and unable to use. If you will implement that, ranged will be able to block for whole round against single player without getting hits.
Archer forever :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:41 pm »
+1

I agree

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2014, 11:21:57 pm »
+8
How about weapons being visible next to normal textures like poking out behind walls, in foliage etc? Obvious advantage

This is one of the reasons I switched to all green gear and stick to foliage as much as possible.
I realize it's not much for camouflage but it hopefully increases the chances I should be looked over or ignored.

If I have a massive pink bow and I'm shooting pink arrows with tracers, well...