Well...

Yes
142 (60.7%)
No
30 (12.8%)
Potato
62 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 232

Author Topic: Cheating or not: editing game textures  (Read 10390 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating or not: editing game textures
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2014, 01:03:20 pm »
+1
Fuck you and your cheating FarmerBob, it's the only thing we can do against this bullshit so I hope you get to enjoy the bad rep for a long time. Perhaps if you would stop playing at 400 fps you could make the game look a little sharper and play fair like the rest of us.

At 400 FPS I bet you can also fry eggs on your GPU

Also due to my partial colorblindness I'd rather have white or bright yellow bows than that pink that blends in. On that first picture I don't even see the bow
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:11:30 pm by Kafein »

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:22 pm »
Fuck you and your cheating FarmerBob, it's the only thing we can do against this bullshit so I hope you get to enjoy the bad rep for a long time. Perhaps if you would stop playing at 400 fps you could make the game look a little sharper and play fair like the rest of us.

LOL 400 fps is cheating? All you have to do is raise your fps cap in the settings.....I have shit graphics tho because I am playing on a very old computer that was not even meant for gaming. My computer randomly crashes as well because the one time I tried adding in a new graphics card it fucked up my computer.

Also look at what I found
Can't crutch camping spots anymore? Poor you. Hope you enjoy the other changes I made to other maps.

You removed stairs and such from maps because you hate ranged. If thats not scummy cheating shit i dont know what is.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:15:58 pm by PsychoTwins »
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2014, 01:28:49 pm »
+5
LOL 400 fps is cheating? All you have to do is raise your fps cap in the settings.....I have shit graphics tho because I am playing on a very old computer that was not even meant for gaming. My computer randomly crashes as well because the one time I tried adding in a new graphics card it fucked up my computer.
Not my point at all. You say you have a shit computer, you claim you have to use coloured textures because you can't spot things otherwise, and yet you have the game run at 400 fps. If you would play at 120 fps, I am pretty sure you could crank your settings up when your computer is apparently able to run the game at 400 fps.

You removed stairs and such from maps because you hate ranged. If thats not scummy cheating shit i dont know what is.
I have explained my stance on the matter repeatedly and stand by it, you might not agree with it, but frankly I don't care.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2014, 01:32:59 pm »
Not my point at all. You say you have a shit computer, you claim you have to use coloured textures because you can't spot things otherwise, and yet you have the game run at 400 fps. If you would play at 120 fps, I am pretty sure you could crank your settings up when your computer is apparently able to run the game at 400 fps.

Well i guess ill explain how my comp is since you are not being a dickhead about it now. Yes i have a shit computer, yes i run with 400 fps with shit graphics. The reason I can is because my processor is fine, allowing the fps, but my graphics card like i said is horrible and crashing my computer. If I have the graphics low I dont crash as often as when I have them raised. I have also had friends try the same thing with snowflakes with their better quality and they also have trouble seeing the snowflakes. Ill add in the edit from my other post.

Edit: I have also already been asked by throwers for the pink textures because they cant see their thrown weapons for shitall either.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2014, 01:42:06 pm »
+3
you are slightly deranged arent you?
He is a sceene editor, so to speak employed to do these things by the devs AND
the changes he does are automaticly available for all, all have the same circumstances guranteed with those changes Teeth is implementing. That is not cheating. If it is the case, he would do those changes out of despise of ranged, then it maybe biased and unprofessional, still not cheating. Please dont compare apples with oranges.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2014, 02:11:39 pm »
cheat
verb
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.
then it maybe biased and unprofessional

But of course this thread isn't about what Teeth has done in scene editing.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2014, 02:38:03 pm »
+2
cheat
verb
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.

Cheating means that one player has an advantage which other players do not have, and this advantage is NOT part of the game itself, it's added by you. Else the developers would have been cheating every time they nerfed or buffed something, rendering the word completely useless.

Don't misunderstand me, I indeed think the advantage you took from those pink textures, at least concerning enemy players, is close to nill, but it's a matter of principle. If you can't run a game properly you can't, and it's better to either get a new machine or stop playing the game than modifying it in a way that you move into a grey area.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »
Cheating means that one player has an advantage which other players do not have, and this advantage is NOT part of the game itself, it's added by you. Else the developers would have been cheating every time they nerfed or buffed something, rendering the word completely useless.

Don't misunderstand me, I indeed think the advantage you took from those pink textures, at least concerning enemy players, is close to nill, but it's a matter of principle. If you can't run a game properly you can't, and it's better to either get a new machine or stop playing the game than modifying it in a way that you move into a grey area.

Yes i agree I was stating if he was being biased and unprofessional, like his friend stated, then it was cheating imo.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2014, 02:50:58 pm »
+1
Yes i agree I was stating if he was being biased and unprofessional, like his friend stated, then it was cheating imo.

I... don't get this sentence  :?

All I want to say is: in my eyes Teeth is a bit overreacting on your person, but he is right in terms of seeing it as a general problem, with no "degrees" of acceptable and not.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2014, 03:09:30 pm »
+1
I... don't get this sentence  :?

All I want to say is: in my eyes Teeth is a bit overreacting on your person, but he is right in terms of seeing it as a general problem, with no "degrees" of acceptable and not.

Sorry you are EU and I was speaking broken Murican English. I am basically agreeing with you.

Sorry incoming another double post, I don't want Joker's + on the above to be confused with what im about to post.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:17:31 pm by PsychoTwins »

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2014, 03:19:30 pm »

So I decided to show it all to you myself since high quality makes snowflakes easier to see apparently.
(click to show/hide)
Wow look at that I CANT SEE ONE FUCKING SNOWFLAKE. Thank god my comp crashed so I can enjoy the high quality.
(click to show/hide)
Once again. This is horseshit.

Edit: ^There is 32 snowflakes in that second picture. See if you can find all.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2014, 03:36:39 pm »
+2
cheat
verb
Let me get this straight. You copied a definition from somewhere f.e. google search, what "cheat" means, to make a point here, that it would be the same or similar thing what had been done by Teeth? If so, i see myself corrected, not "slightly" derranged and not a "question mark" needed.

Besides different words, different meanings.

biased
adjective
unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something.
"we will not tolerate this biased media coverage"

unprofessional
adjective
below or contrary to the standards expected in a particular profession.

By implying Teeth would cheat, by the way he conducts his work, which by definition is not even close to what a cheat would be, as the outcome of his work is available and therefor used by "All", not by a "view", automaticly by the servers made available and not with effort by and only to a view, by the intention to balance maps in comparison to the intention of making the game easier. On all these acounts and i guess a few more if i wait a little longer what else would spring to mind, nevertheless for now, by all these accounts, there is no similarity between the actions of those you described by using the mods mentioned in this thread, to the work Teeth does "for us all".

Btw i play a dedicated thrower on my alt, i tried using snowflakes years ago and i also had the problem not always be able to find them, solution was then not to use them anymore. There are things you can use and things you cant, things you get used to using the way you want to or you wont. That is part of the game, to find something what fits you. If you cant use snowflakes the way you like to, dont. Or do it as other snowflake users do, dont look for them once you fired them away.
I never saw Thomek chasing after snowflakes which missed his target  :rolleyes: .. i guess he cant find tehm either  :lol:

@Teeth
It is not my opinion you acted biased or unprofessional, i just wanted to make a point earlier on.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2014, 03:43:35 pm »
(click to show/hide)
ok....so it seems Teeth and I overreacted lets get that outta this thread. On the snowflake part, the heirloom pack was made to make it visually pleasing and a cooler look at loomed weapons, so why not make snowflakes visually pleasing and better to use? Of course people don't like the pink but that is the only thing out there for people who want to be able to actually use that type of throwing or others.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »
+5
(click to show/hide)
ok....so it seems Teeth and I overreacted lets get that outta this thread. On the snowflake part, the heirloom pack was made to make it visually pleasing and a cooler look at loomed weapons, so why not make snowflakes visually pleasing and better to use? Of course people don't like the pink but that is the only thing out there for people who want to be able to actually use that type of throwing or others.
Why can't you simply accept that snowflakes are small little throwing weapons and hard to find in high grass.
If you want to find them again only throw when there is a wall behind your target. everybody else has to deal with this feature of snowflakes as well. what makes you so special that you don't have to deal with it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2014, 03:51:43 pm »
+1
So I decided to show it all to you myself since high quality makes snowflakes easier to see apparently.
(click to show/hide)
Wow look at that I CANT SEE ONE FUCKING SNOWFLAKE. Thank god my comp crashed so I can enjoy the high quality.
(click to show/hide)
Once again. This is horseshit.

Edit: ^There is 32 snowflakes in that second picture. See if you can find all.

So you think if YOU are able to spot them and OTHER'S ain't it's fair?
If they are hard to spot it maybe meant to be like it and all having the same troubles is still better than one having an advantage.
Selfish mentality causes cheating, good job on that.
And the argument that you're cheating ain't that bad like other's is just plain stupid, it's like saying "I punched the guy just once"
or "An autoblocker is still better than an autoaim-user" because one is for defence and the other for killing.
All kind's of unfair advantages are horseshit, that's it.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.