Author Topic: 0.3.2.0  (Read 15029 times)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: 0.3.2.0
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2014, 08:07:24 pm »
Please tell me that stab animations were nerfed.

I think the ridiculous stabs will never get fixed or become an item on patch agendas. We are QQing a river in vain here.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2014, 08:07:48 pm »
+1
Love the new heraldic armors for archers - thanks!

But I never had issues with my shield breaking too often even using 4 shield skill and unloomed shields, this is a stupid buff to agility shielders who already have it too easy after last couple patches (1h stab, rondel, wpf buff, etc).  Don't even have to try with my agility shielder to do well, 8 shield skill practically unbreakable.  Shields are breakable in medieval times, you hit someone's shield 6-7 times with a mace its going to get caved in, it shouldn't be able to take 40 hits.

fatass kesh (btw fu ;-) but +1 - I'm going on a diet  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2014, 08:11:29 pm »
+2
I'd just wait and see how it goes for now.

It is quite a shame that we have to have so many shielders rather than fixing the source of the problem (ranged damage, ease of use and lack of deterrent in terms of melee capability) but as long as we have axes then shielders probably won't get too OP

I think that's the point. When you buff shielders even if it has a very small influence on ranged, at least you can't completely break the balance by doing that because shielders are reasonably well countered by shield-breaking weapons, and a shield buff while increasing the amount of shielders will not make it snowball because more shielders doesn't attract more shielders.

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »
Can i have free respec please?

Shield buff and ranged stay the same, RIP 2h

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:42 pm »
+2
Can i have free respec please?

Shield buff and ranged stay the same, RIP 2h
Shield buff serves 2h pretty well as they can now carry the shields that are a bit lighter and will survive at least a few arrows now. It's more convenient now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:29:46 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2014, 08:29:33 pm »
+1
Leather Covered Round +3 (1 skill) is 34 armour, 153 HP. Like old 4 skill shields but 100 less HP and half weight. Hide Covered Round for 0 slot too, dunno how many shots it will take but its at least better than before

That might be worth taking as a backup item now, but still taking it out reduces your damage to 0 as a Pole / 2 hander
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »
Leather Covered Round +3 (1 skill) is 34 armour, 153 HP. Like old 4 skill shields but 100 less HP and half weight. Hide Covered Round for 0 slot too, dunno how many shots it will take but its at least better than before

That might be worth taking as a backup item now, but still taking it out reduces your damage to 0 as a Pole / 2 hander

Risk v reward.

Or use a 2h that is shield capable and suffer temporarily...
Always use nudge to change weapons if you have shield and no melee yet...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2014, 08:36:01 pm »
+1
Shield buff serves 2h pretty well as they can now carry the shields that are a bit lighter and will survive at least a few arrows now.

My opinion is that those 2h with shield hybrids don't really work, you'd be better off just being 1h or forgetting the shield entirely. The only way I can see this as being justifiable is spending a few points into shield skill but never actually taking a shield with you, just for the opportunity of grabbing one on the ground when you need it.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2014, 08:45:33 pm »
My opinion is that those 2h with shield hybrids don't really work, you'd be better off just being 1h or forgetting the shield entirely. The only way I can see this as being justifiable is spending a few points into shield skill but never actually taking a shield with you, just for the opportunity of grabbing one on the ground when you need it.
If you use a weapon that you can carry along with your shield then all you have to do is just to assign a button of quick shielddrop or put your shield on your back and you are good to go. It takes max 0,5-1 sec to switch from anti-arrow-shield-use to combat with your primary weapon. On the other hand if you carry for example a claymore or some other big weapon that you can't use with shield, dropping the shield or putting it on a back and drawing your sword sometimes takes so long that you are pretty defenseless for 2-3 secs which sometimes gets you hit and is for sure annoying when you actually reach that archer and can't attack him with anything else than fists.

Skyrim UI

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2014, 08:47:36 pm »
The only way I can see this as being justifiable is spending a few points into shield skill but never actually taking a shield with you, just for the opportunity of grabbing one on the ground when you need it.
And that's quite enough of a reason to put those 2-3 points into shield skill, improving your survivability greatly in the end of round. Not that useful in the beginning though, indeed.
dropping the shield or putting it on a back and drawing your sword sometimes takes so long that you are pretty defenseless for 2-3 secs which sometimes gets you hit and is for sure annoying when you actually reach that archer and can't attack him with anything else than fists.
That's why you'd want to carry some dagger or light 1h along with your shield, as a side weapon.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:51:38 pm by Macropus »

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2014, 08:54:57 pm »
Good job Zagibu! Good job devs!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2014, 08:59:53 pm »
by the way, this is a really really good patch :)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »
Where the fuck is my +3 Spathion after this patch O_O my baby!!! Better be back soon that thing is like my unborn child!

Other than that good patch lets ee some more!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:16:29 pm by Novamere »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2014, 09:16:16 pm »
Risk v reward.

Or use a 2h that is shield capable and suffer temporarily...
Always use nudge to change weapons if you have shield and no melee yet...

What is this..ranged (HX even?) talking about risk vs reward?  :lol:
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2014, 09:17:33 pm »
+11
nice patch!

a few things for next patch
- 1h stabs, needs to be somewhere inbetween what is now and before they had been buffed so tremendiously over the top, there was once the concept left swing = fast; right swing = longer reach, stab = more damage; exchanging these concepts with each other is ok aslong not one of them is doing the job of 2. Have the stabs with the longest reach, but not also being then the fastest attack, right swings then with dmg buff to be the most damaging one slower and less reach perhaps.
- kicks formost still too long range/reach(reduce by 2/3 of current range), but also a touch too wide angle(reduce by about 10°).
- 2h ghost stab reach and hitting around corners ...
- Nomad Bow Gattling Laser with pinipoint accuracy ...
- is it only me who cant even see the animations of GLA,LA,GLB at times when they spam? what is of there, this is the case for a long time
- redo of team balance, less focus on clan stacking , more on equal teams(same amount of every class rerpesented and same amount of good players(score/K|D ratio), perhaps even breaking off clan stacking alltogether(if we get rid of gank squads differetnly even better, make flancing an option at least)

also i am hoping for the suggestion of Rumblood
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:33:55 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future