Author Topic: Well look EU, you're influencing NA  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Well look EU, you're influencing NA
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 04:41:55 am »
+3
:D Just give people more viable alternatives to choosing ranged when there are too much ranged and everything will be fine.

You should be able to say "get a shield" with a straight face.

Armour should be worth using after medium.

Certain horses should have a specific role of targetting ranged, and it should be viable from a cost perspective compared to simply playing ranged
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 04:53:43 am »
+1
But then ranged being more effective against ranged turns into an infinite cycle where everyone shoots lasers our of their eyes to instantly kill people.

Yeah, but that sounds awesome.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 06:02:31 am »
But then ranged being more effective against ranged turns into an infinite cycle where everyone shoots lasers our of their eyes to instantly kill people.
Perhaps that would make this game actually fun and not just a shiny piece of shit that we my old friends keep going back to like druggies.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 06:29:11 am »
+6
Solution: Buff 2h Cav
Turtles

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 06:37:59 am »
+1
Solution: Buff 2h Cav

Or make helicopters allready....
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 07:44:33 am »
+2
The real hidden truth to why people love playing as HA and HX is simple. They want a reason to be able to bump infantry with the horses

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 12:05:30 pm »
+1
Devs should implement occasional horse plagues, where all dem beasties either die or walk backwards only or are VERY slow or something like that. Would be fun.

And Fruity: no worries. I will always be there, on foot, and shooting my Lemon-puncture-and-squeeze-Devices from the ground... :)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 05:04:56 pm »
wow hirlok good job you made my son cry when you told me you were gonna shoot me. now you have to +1 or my son will cry
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 06:12:45 pm »
+5
Ranged counters horse archers. The counter to foot ranged is not more foot ranged. Now I know I get flamed every time I spew the truth, but get a shield and more importantly get a team. One shielder by himself can usually scatter ranged, a group of them can massacre your famous archer nests/groups. Yes, I say this with a straight face because I watch people like Matey get into the middle of a group of archers and take half of them down before they even notice. I've seen Gmno do the same without a shield as well.

You want to stop getting killed by something, figure out how and then implement it. It is a lot more effective and quicker than whining. Lots of HA's this season? Pick up throwing your next gen, 1 hvy throwing axe will usually kill their horse or scare them off. Lots of archers? Take extra points in shield. Yeah only frontal coverage, but last I checked giving your back to any enemy was a bad idea so that does not just apply to archers. (Hint, use your surroundings) Lots of shielders? Sidearm axe. etc. Whine does not counter anything.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 06:36:13 pm »
+6
Ranged counters horse archers. The counter to foot ranged is not more foot ranged. Now I know I get flamed every time I spew the truth, but get a shield and more importantly get a team. One shielder by himself can usually scatter ranged, a group of them can massacre your famous archer nests/groups. Yes, I say this with a straight face because I watch people like Matey get into the middle of a group of archers and take half of them down before they even notice. I've seen Gmno do the same without a shield as well.

Shields don't counter ranged and never have. Keeping yourself from getting shot is a lot different than being a counter. And honestly if a shielder manages to massacre a group of ranged players by himself, I would put that down to the ranged players being stupid more than anything.

Shields only stop projectiles from the front arc. 2 ranged players will always beat a shielder unless the ranged players are retarded. The only REAL counter to ranged IS more ranged, which is why this problem happens over and over again.

People start going ranged > more people go ranged to counter > ranged hits critical mass > ranged gets nerfed > people respec to 2h/pole > people start going ranged

That's happened over and over again for the last 3 years. I don't see it changing.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 06:38:37 pm »
It's just NA being one step beforehind EU in the ranged-devolution-chain.

To say it differently and get your selfestime up NA, EU is more dumb as they walked down that wrote faster then you did.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:03:50 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:32 pm »
+2

You want to stop getting killed by something, figure out how and then implement it. It is a lot more effective and quicker than whining. Lots of HA's this season? Pick up throwing your next gen, 1 hvy throwing axe will usually kill their horse or scare them off. Lots of archers? Take extra points in shield. Yeah only frontal coverage, but last I checked giving your back to any enemy was a bad idea so that does not just apply to archers. (Hint, use your surroundings) Lots of shielders? Sidearm axe. etc. Whine does not counter anything.

Shields don't counter ranged and never have. Keeping yourself from getting shot is a lot different than being a counter. And honestly if a shielder manages to massacre a group of ranged players by himself, I would put that down to the ranged players being stupid more than anything.

Shields only stop projectiles from the front arc. 2 ranged players will always beat a shielder unless the ranged players are retarded. The only REAL counter to ranged IS more ranged, which is why this problem happens over and over again.

People start going ranged > more people go ranged to counter > ranged hits critical mass > ranged gets nerfed > people respec to 2h/pole > people start going ranged

That's happened over and over again for the last 3 years. I don't see it changing.

This. The best counter to ranged is forum warfare. That's just how it is. Not because forum warfare is particularly effective, but rather for a lack of any better option.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 07:17:41 pm »
It is quite sad though that we have a single class chasing away half the community and the only counter to it is brutally flaming those who play it. But hey, who doesn't love some flaming.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 07:32:18 pm »
+5
That class would would not be chasing away the server if people had the brains to use shields other than elite cav shields or knightly kite shields. With five shielding and a huscarl shield/heavy board shield you get a barrier around yourself that is impenetrable as long as you don't charge into the middle of an archer group. Try coming at an archer at the side. It limits the firing angles much better.

Tdlr; play smarter not harder.

Edit: the only time that I ever see ravens(the only clan that ever uses shields larger than horseman shields) get killed by ranged is when they get shot by an archer that they don't know about. After that archer hits a raven, though, he is a dead fucker.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:39:40 pm by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 07:55:08 pm »
+1
What counters ranged and horse ranged and cav, not shielders.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:11:27 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works