Author Topic: Double XP Perfection  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Rain

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • An honest man is always a child
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Mantra, Tigersblood, Rain
  • IRC nick: Rain
Double XP Perfection
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:49:17 pm »
+22
Having retired from 1-31 during this Double XP Marathon we seem to be having (and loving) I can't help but feel like this is the perfect amount of grind for retirement.  Being one of them(Now on my 10th gen with about 500 Respecs under my belt) I realize that if the system was changed now it would cause more than a few people to be upset about all the time they spent working extremely hard for what they have.  With our community staying pretty stagnant and with countless newcomers being turned-off by the endless amount of grinding I think it's a good time to reflect on possibly a new XP system.  I'm sure they already have something in the works or maybe they don't I just wanted to get the community's feeling on the state of current XP.  It's by no means a quick climb to 31 from lvl 1 even with double XP, and I've seen more people on the past week and a half than I have the past 2 years!  It's doing nothing but wonders for the game and the community I don't see why we can't possibly consider a change  :lol:  What do you guys think?

Praise be to The Multiplier

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: Double XP Perfection
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:56:12 pm »
Lower the XP amounts at lower levels and make up for it at higher levels.

Levels lower than 20 require less XP

Levels higher than 20 require more XP.

Levels after 31 have the same amount.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:24:10 pm »
+5
I have come back from a long break, and I am loving this exp change. I've done 16 generations previously so it is a large encouragement to play right now. I do agree with the OP that a change in exp earned would help bring in new players. Even if it is only a change to the first 1-5 generations or something. More players = more fun. Also skewing the exp would not change much. 1/8 of the exp is 1-20, 3/8 is 20-30, and 1/2 = 30-31. That is pretty heavily skewed already. 

Offline Rain

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 07:50:58 pm »
+1
I completely agree with Crazy I mean as awesome as it is that we have a community where everyone pretty much at least recognizes everyone else it is nice to see some fresh new faces on the battlefield.  I mean every person I walk up to know is like a 5 minute duel they are so good.  If changing the way we do things slightly will effect that in a positive manner I don't see why not!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2409
  • Infamy: 2404
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »
+2
Some believe that this is only good for high levels, allowing them to go even higher. They are wrong. This actually benefits lower levels the most. Even if we had x10 permanent multi on battle/siege servers, that would mean that kinngrimm (for example) can reach just one more level or maybe two if he stop doing everything else and just play cRPG (level 38). But for everyone else who recently stopped retiring that would mean easy way to shorten that gap between them and above mentioned kinngrimm. It would also bring some old faces. I'm afraid that when they remove x2 multi bonus, servers will become empty again.

When it to multiplier my opinion is, the more the merrier.

Crazy x10 multi would be excellent test for Strategus and DTV, to see how many people really enjoy it and aren't there only for the grind :wink:

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »
+2
booooo

fuck the multi system all together and give me xp based on my own performance

( not gonna happen, but i can dream )
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:56 pm »
booooo

fuck the multi system all together and give me xp based on my own performance

( not gonna happen, but i can dream )

and how would you value your performance, kills?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 09:31:47 pm »
+6
and how would you value your performance, kills?

style points

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1122
  • Infamy: 1739
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:34:42 pm »
+1
I had a idea like that but Meow said it's rubbish and that he would never play a game like that :lol:

Basically, best performers get advantage over others (levels, gear, whatever). It would be determined by ELO like system. No grind involved, to progress you need to skill up and get better at the game. Just like in SC, LoL, DotA and such, only you get some bonuses on top.

But most players prefer grind as a tool to get advantage over those who are truly better than them in a game.

Offline Rain

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 09:41:26 pm »
+1
At this point I feel as though anything is better than what we have currently, there needs to be some changes.  I know we all have ideas, but pushing for a change no matter what the change is an important first step.  It's like AA first we have to admit that we have a problem

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »
+1
I think better performance getting you more xp/gold would be a good system.  Then it would justify people being able to use heavier armor, horses, and better weapons.  Just like real mercenaries, the better mercs get paid more money.  The richest people in the game should be the people doing the best, not the people running around in cloth and wielding rocks.  That's just the complete opposite of RL.  The knights were the richest people, that's why they were able to afford such expensive items.  They also had a big advantage on the battlefield due to that better gear.  Trying to balance this out, seems like it would be pretty difficult though. 

I would prefer a better xp/gold reward system, but would be very hard to implement properly (the best players, wearing better armor/weapons than everyone else would just make them even better than they already are then everyone else). 

Also, not to detract from the OP, double xp permanently (or at least for people who are under gen 5, and/or under level 33), seems like it would be a good idea.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 10:06:37 pm »
+7
XP is a joke compared to strat (and from what I know strat exp isn't affected by gen bonus?). Definitely needs some change to the system, but upping XP in general is a quick fix for now.

Frankly, I hate leveling up from 1 to 30. I stopped retiring once the marketplace came out for obvious reasons and I have no incentive to make an alt when STFs exist.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 10:13:48 pm »
For crying out loud, stop complaining about multi system.
It won't help. :(

The old one was far worse, it only resulted in mass fights. The only enjoyable part was XP barns.

It took ages for the devs to make and come up with this new system.
And they had planned a newer XP/gold system to replace multiplier for over a yeah now, but that is not going to happen since devs are busy nowadays (which is understandable).
So there is really no need to start this thread all over again, let alone do it without expressing explicit solutions.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 10:24:50 pm »
For crying out loud, stop complaining about multi system.
It won't help. :(

The old one was far worse, it only resulted in mass fights. The only enjoyable part was XP barns.

It took ages for the devs to make and come up with this new system.
And they had planned a newer XP/gold system to replace multiplier for over a yeah now, but that is not going to happen since devs are busy nowadays (which is understandable).
So there is really no need to start this thread all over again, let alone do it without expressing explicit solutions.

double xp permanently (or at least for people who are under gen 5, and/or under level 33), seems like it would be a good idea.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rain

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 10:27:47 pm »
+3
As far as I'm concerned thinking about this by myself seemed like a daunting task.  The fact that even if I did come up with some fantastic idea to fix everything it wouldn't matter anyway because I don't have the power to do it.  Who is to say that this is a waste of time if it actually leads to something.  Everything good starts out crazy