Author Topic: Double XP Perfection  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Double XP Perfection
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 10:35:50 pm »
+1
style points

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 10:36:15 pm »
+1
herpaderp

Not really in the OP. Also I was addressing the need for a new XP system, which is stupid when you know the devs do not have the time to do it.
Unless Tydeus gets the permission and he is up for it.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 11:28:46 pm »
+2
Your mom likes my herpalerp

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 12:13:45 am »
+1
What if the first generation on your main was a bit (30%) quicker?
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2043
  • Infamy: 1818
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 12:38:05 am »
+2
That's kinda pointless imho. Best way to reduce the difference between veterans and newbies is to increase XP gain for everyone. Will also devaluate looms which is a good thing imho. Cheaper loompoints = upkeep working again :wink:

Average player is earning around 350k XP per day. That means he need 25 days to retire. If you speed up that by 10, it will take him just 2.5 days to retire. He will earn full loomed set under 40 days. Masterworked item could cost 100-150k gold. Yes, in the past this could lead to burnout of cRPG. But right now we're in the last stage of this mod anyway, it doesn't matter anymore.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:42:28 am by Leshma »

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 01:21:42 am »
It would be completely unfair because maxgen players would get a thundering 2x bonus and new players would only get a piddling 2x bonus!

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horsefeathers.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 01:26:29 am »
+2
Hmm, devalue of looms makes them pointless no? If everyone has them, it's the same as no one having them.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 01:28:08 am »
+2
I love double xp! But I also hate it! I've respecd between level 26-30 around 7 times over the holidays, I can't handle the responsibility!

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 02:27:29 am »
+1
Frankly, I hate leveling up from 1 to 30. I stopped retiring once the marketplace came out for obvious reasons and I have no incentive to make an alt when STFs exist.
I used to think like that, then I realized just how much I preferred playing on my alts. Now, I've got 6 characters I play including my STF and the only one of them that is even below level 31, is my STF.

Not really in the OP. Also I was addressing the need for a new XP system, which is stupid when you know the devs do not have the time to do it.
Unless Tydeus gets the permission and he is up for it.
I'm making an attempt to figure out how score should be reworked for the new system. No eta, but it's something I'd personally like to have done as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:31:59 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1597
  • Infamy: 179
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 02:46:09 am »
+1
Hmm, devalue of looms makes them pointless no?

Tell that to archers :lol:

We're far beyond the phase where looms or levels gave you serious advantage. Only those newest additions, who we should try to keep, are the ones affected by disproportion in levels and looms. But huge number of veterans who are still playing have both. Why not give new guys what veterans have and give veterans easier way to obtain loomed version of newest gear?

Offline CoolHandLuke

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 05:03:14 am »
+2
Having retired from 1-31 during this Double XP Marathon we seem to be having (and loving) I can't help but feel like this is the perfect amount of grind for retirement.  Being one of them(Now on my 10th gen with about 500 Respecs under my belt) I realize that if the system was changed now it would cause more than a few people to be upset about all the time they spent working extremely hard for what they have.  With our community staying pretty stagnant and with countless newcomers being turned-off by the endless amount of grinding I think it's a good time to reflect on possibly a new XP system.  I'm sure they already have something in the works or maybe they don't I just wanted to get the community's feeling on the state of current XP.  It's by no means a quick climb to 31 from lvl 1 even with double XP, and I've seen more people on the past week and a half than I have the past 2 years!  It's doing nothing but wonders for the game and the community I don't see why we can't possibly consider a change  :lol:  What do you guys think?

Praise be to The Multiplier

I couldn't agree more with this, especially the part with the community. Lets face it, CRPG is a great mod, and it is attracting some new players but the amount isnt enough to keep us at a stable population and we've slowly been losing more and more members due to us not retaining old and new.

I feel there is a main reason for this as Rain stated which involves the newer players.

Two points:

1) The game has an extremely high skill and learning curve. It is exceptionally hard to get into the game and be good at it, which can be very frustrating and off put a lot of people. This exists because of two reasons, the first is that characters of a low level are vastly underpowered compared to higher level players; the second is that our community is of an old age, so there are many well geared (loomed up the ass), highly skilled, and very high level characters on the server (beyond 30). All of these different aspects combined makes the game extremely difficult to retain newer people.

Boosting xp or lowering the amount would provide newer players a chance to mitigate the severity of this curb, both level and gear wise. Yes, it makes looms more available and devalues their economic price, however it does not devalue the practical application of these weapons in battle. The new system adds the additional benefit for players to branch out a bit and try different specs and gear sets without having to sell their entire set of looms for another.

2) I understand a lot of the older players may be put off by a newer xp system, feeling robbed for hard work already invested. In truth we're asking you to sacrifice for the better of the community, and there is no real way around it.

I'm sure being able to acquire more looms than you already have isn't a big deal since you already have a lot, and although trying new specs is a cool thing with different gear, I understand you guys have you own niche too.

However, I want you to look at the situation not just from a singular perspective belonging to just yourself, but to one that involves the entire game. Knowing that your work is going to seem reduced in comparison to the new system is tough, but I urge you to be positive and realize that you've had a good run up until this point in the game, you've gotten good use and time of the gear you have acquired thus far, and the sacrifice you would make would ensure that our community would at the very least stabilize and at best increase in number again.

Ultimately, if we do not at least do something to alleviate some of the intense curve associated with the game then we're looking at the very real possibility of playing the game until its inevitable demise down the line much sooner than it could or even has to be. This may sound fine to a lot of older players who have done their time on the game, but to those of you worried about devaluing your looms I ask you this, what will devalue them more, there being more looms on the market, or the mod dying out eventually?

chadz may have something on the way, but lets be honest, how long will it be and will it be any good compared to CRPG now? I believe it is best we act to preserve and promote what we have now until we know those answers.

And yes Rain, Praise be to the multiplier.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:53:10 am by CoolHandLuke »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 05:29:56 am »
As far as I'm concerned thinking about this by myself seemed like a daunting task.  The fact that even if I did come up with some fantastic idea to fix everything it wouldn't matter anyway because I don't have the power to do it.  Who is to say that this is a waste of time if it actually leads to something.  Everything good starts out crazy

Not really EVERYTHING.  Somethings sounded pretty good from the start.

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Lifetime ruler of the Fallopian Kingdom
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (MM) MenstrualMonsoon
  • Game nicks: MrFistYoGirl, BlumpkinThePumpkinKing, JAGUAR_DICKSKIN, Chef_Squirt
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 09:12:37 am »
+2
I stopped playing this game because the grind wasn't worth it.  The only reason I came back was to see what I could do with double XP.  Been thoroughly pleased with the results.  Once it goes away, I can't really see myself playing again until it comes back.  Not knocking any systems, just being honest.
How do you work this thing??

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:28 pm »
Removing gen xp bonus and making double xp permanent for everyone seems like the best solution.

Offline Rain

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 8
  • An honest man is always a child
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Mantra, Tigersblood, Rain
  • IRC nick: Rain
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 06:26:40 pm »
+1
Removing gen xp bonus and making double xp permanent for everyone seems like the best solution.