Author Topic: Believe in God #2  (Read 10933 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Believe in God #2
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2014, 06:38:21 am »
+1
Why you put that in quotation marks? I never said that lol. Kinda misleading.

Quote from Clockworkkiller, no harm done I hope :P

meeting up to discuss their beliefs and try and convert people to believe the same xD it's hilarious. It's like if i decided to shoot a gun-owner to prove how much i hate guns and how i would never ever use one.

More like swearing at politics or laughing at idiots in media, why should I try to convince anyone that his religion is utter bullshit. If someone wants to believe in fairy tales - I'm fine with that. But I like to laugh at religion, priests and so on, you find it hilarious? That's okay :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2014, 09:32:03 am »
+4
And few of the extremely vocal atheists will ever in their lives contemplate the possibility that they might be wrong, they also just... believe.
Because most atheists are more intelligent than you are. Most people don't go about their lives contemplating whether they might be wrong about Saruman really existing either.

I could see a beardy fellow tear the sky and announce his existence in a booming voice, but to me there is no logical step that would lead me from knowing he was real, to worshipping him.
Your logic fails hard, then. Not that this is exactly news. But that stance is one of the most retarded ones I've seen, especially considering how religions like to preach about eternal punishment if you don't believe in their deity.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2014, 11:51:57 am »
+4
Agnosticism is an artificial term made up by people scared to say that there's no god :) Outside of religion there's no such distinction, cause statements are based on facts (more or less), not belief. Noone claims to be agnostic on the subject of ufo, even though its nonexistence can not be proved. As long as proves of its existence aren't swown noone resonable will say that he "believes" in its existence.

Strange thing to say when there are tons of people who believe that UFO's exist, without actually knowing. No they don't call themselves agnostic on the subject, because that has a religious connotation.

This is assuming UFO stands for aliens.

This way all christians are gnostic atheists, cause they do believe that all forgotten gods from the past except theirs do not exist :P

Except they do believe in a god so they are theists.

(click to show/hide)

Mix of apatheism and agnosticism.

Yes, there are atheists who are douchebags, I've met my fair share of theists who are douchebags. Personally, I don't really care what you are, if I like you, I like you. If I don't like you, then I don't. Arguing over whether god exists with a theist leads nowhere, and it's not like I know anything anyway. However, if someone actually starts arguing with me on the subject, then I'll go along 'til both are exhausted on the topic. Rarely on the internet, though, since I can simply ignore that.

And Heskey, people have always been loud an obnoxious about their beliefs, that's nothing new. The topics only change over time. However, I do disagree that vocal atheists are extremists. So called militant atheists are. Atheists who are simply willing to argue religion when they feel like it's intruding on their lives in an unfair way are not doing anything wrong.

I'd take your point more seriously if you weren't so obnoxious about it.

God is not measurable, and thus can't be compared to physical phenomenon.

A surprising insight you have on the nature of God.

On the topic of religion causing harm. Yes, yes it does. That can't be questioned, really. But people are very good at finding reasons to do harm, so getting rid of religion would not change much. As an institution, I see no need in it, since I've yet to see God proven, but then again, if he ever is, it's good that we have the groundwork ready for massworship. I'm also not one to burn down the ship to get rid of the cockroaches. But, yes, it's painful how religion divides people in a way that causes so many problems. In school we had a turk and an israeli who simply refused to work together, since the turk considered her a zionist jew (not even joking). I realize, that's more of a political issue, but the entire issue is caused by a massive religious clusterfuck.

I feel that I don't really care what people believe, but people should be taught certain things. And one of those, is that even though they believe, they can't possibly know, unless they've had one of those personal visitations from god. If we could convince the majority of theists and atheists to sincerely admit that, then maybe people will be less willing to be idiots.

You only have to go to any youtube comment section on any video that discusses religion and you will find enough of both arrogant theists and atheists to last a lifetime.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:13:12 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2014, 12:23:39 pm »
+4
Well guys, it's not easy to satisfy every single deity with so many religions out there, but i took some percussions, just in case if God really does exist:

Apparently, Kratos can offer a sweet deal to ensure Allah's eternal blessing for only 10.000 cRPG gold coins! I was lucky enough to put my hands on a holy peasant hat, and the rest of the artifacts got sold almost immediately! He might have some more sacred relics in stock, so post in the thread or send him a PM.

http://forum.melee.org/spam/hello-all/msg928208/#new

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=marketplacebooth&merchant=Muslim_Wizard

Buy them and Allah s blessing will be upon you forever!!!

If anyone got Buddah's robes, or that spear that finished off Jesus - put them up for sale! If you make a good advertisement, and make me believe you have the original relics - i will give a good price!
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:57 pm »
+8

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2014, 02:17:53 pm »
+1
Strange thing to say when there are tons of people who believe that UFO's exist, without actually knowing.

That's why I said "noone resonable" :P

Except they do believe in a god so they are theists.

It's supposed to be a joke, like in this saying that christians don't believe in x gods and atheists just went one step further and don't believe in x+1 gods :P

You only have to go to any youtube comment section on any video that discusses religion and you will find enough of both arrogant theists and atheists to last a lifetime.

I doubt there's a lot of atheists who are willing to make second 9.11 cause of their lack of faith :P

Atheists adamantly believe something they have no proof of

No, they don't believe, that's the whole of point of being atheist you know  :lol:

quit trying to ram your religious beliefs down our throats you arrogant hypocritical sack of shit

That's the problem with religious people, they tend to go apeshit when someone say their beliefs are ridiculous spooky tales while no one cares about my feelings when religions tell me that I'm gonna suffer for eternity in hell cause don't believe in some fantasy book...  :wink:

''Guh Xant, errrrr, most Chistians are more intelligent than you. Cos the majority don't spend their time desperately trying to prove that Saruman doesn't exist.''

The only difference between bible and WoTR is that on the cover of later one is the name of the author, both are fantasy books :P

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2014, 02:27:21 pm »
+2
Shittest atheist i ever saw - you're exactly the kind of hypocrite who'd talk all this shit but get on his knees and suck God-dick the moment he had proof a God existed

Lol, if god provided proofs of its existence ofc that I'd admit there's a god, why shouldn't I, it would be irrational to deny in such case :P

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:43 pm »
+2
I doubt there's a lot of atheists who are willing to make second 9.11 cause of their lack of faith :P

No, but there are plenty of atheists willing to kill or get themselves killed for equally foolish causes, so I don't care to make the distinction in that regard.

My point is, the reason people kill people is more deeprooted than religion. It's that aspect of humanity we need to tackle. Religion, like any ideology, might lower the bar if you really believe in it. Religion is popular, though, so having the religious majority condemn these people should happen, and does happen. Though does it happen enough is a question I can't answer.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:47:00 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2014, 03:18:43 pm »
+1
Count the number of times you've said 'believe' in your own posts in relation to your opinion on this matter, it's a lot :lol:

Checked, I said it once: "I do believe christian religion (and all other based on bible) are fake, all these fairy tales about crucified son of god are too ridiculous to be true :P". Wouldn't call it "a lot" :P

Not gonna keep this discussion going, cause it's all the time beating the same dead horse as in plenty of books, I'd ragher laugh at religion than have semi "serious" discussion about it :P Only one point.

You have no reason or proof to believe it other than your own determination to believe it. It is just 'obvious' to you in the same way that God is 'obvious' to Christians.

Existence and non existence of pink unicorn aren't equally probable :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:37:12 pm by Falka »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »
+1
Oh, you're INTELLIGENT so that's why you're right? Great argument!

Not what I wrote.

To quote every rational atheist ever; 'i dont care what you believe as long as you don't cram it down my throat', you could learn a thing or 2 from them Xant, quit trying to ram your religious beliefs down our throats you arrogant hypocritical sack of shit :)
Show me where the hypocrisy is.

''Guh Xant, errrrr, most Chistians are more intelligent than you. Cos the majority don't spend their time desperately trying to prove that Saruman doesn't exist.''
You think Saruman, the White Wizard, exists? There are some mental institutes near you that can help.

]Nah, your 'intelligence' fails hard, i never said i believe in religious mumbo-jumbo any more than you do
Never said you did, your belief is irrelevant.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2014, 06:10:53 pm »
Strange thing to say when there are tons of people who believe that UFO's exist, without actually knowing. No they don't call themselves agnostic on the subject, because that has a religious connotation.

This is assuming UFO stands for aliens.

That's why I said "noone resonable" :P

So Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut, the 6th man to walk on the moon is "no one reasonable"? Fife Symington, former Arizona governor?

Paul Hellyer, former Minister of National Defense for Canada is "no one reasonable"?

Stanton Friedman, nuclear physicist and first civilian investigator of Roswell is "no on reasonable"?

How about all of the pilots from various armed forces across the globe, experts on aircraft, who have reported seeing objects from up close, in the air, and say that they did not come from this planet?

High level, very intelligent people who suddenly went crazy? Or a systematic attempt by government forces who want them to look crazy?

Watch this video with Boyd Bushman, a senior scientist at Lockheed Martin as he seems to try speak to a topic he can't talk about.

I still don't know, the jury is out until I see some evidence myself, but I certainly think that there are some very reasonable people out there with some very interesting things to say on the matter who do believe.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2014, 06:32:42 pm »
People tend to say that they believe when they want to express their hope or convinction about some subject. "I believe that brazil will win mundial". In such context you can not equate it with faith in god. But if someone firmly and categorically states that aliens exist though he has not the slightest trace of proof then it's irrational and unreasonable.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2014, 07:48:22 pm »
+1
pple kill other pple when they think they are right, they have the only truth... it can be religious, politic, nationalism...Etc...

just think to this : maybe the other side in AS RIGHT AS YOURS.... and it will be no war anymore.....
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2014, 07:52:08 pm »
+2
pple kill other pple when they think they are right, they have the only truth... it can be religious, politic, nationalism...Etc...

just think to this : maybe the other side in AS RIGHT AS YOURS.... and it will be no war anymore.....

I disagree with your opinion, and will murdle you for it.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:33 pm »
+1

What if I don't think your side is as correct as mine, but have no problem with your continued holding to that side, and simply live my life the way I feel is best, and don't bother you?

Atheists = 0
Christians = 0
UFOs = In the Stratosphere.

Checkmate.