Author Topic: Time to end the range whine.  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Time to end the range whine.
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2013, 05:46:44 pm »
As long as melee aren't playing as a team and protecting their archers, I can kill them using a shield. Unless there are more than 1 ranged working together, then I find it impossible to solo them. Why can't I solo multiple players at once?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1243
  • Infamy: 2085
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2013, 05:49:11 pm »
+1
depends on your perspective, so sad but true 'also', still perhaps at some point , development of cRPG complettly would be handed over to other programmers, may it be Paul or others, doesnt matter who aslong it would go on. It has not to be only end all start new, both could coexist, and cRPG could also be adapted for M&B2, how unlikely that may seem to you now.

Exactly (bolded part). I don't have desire to play this mod the moment Melee comes out (unless first alpha ends up being more broken than first versions of CRPG). Melee is the only thing that really interest me. Since I came back only somewhat competitive stuff I've done was Strategus mercing. On public servers I have no desire to compete, that's why mostly running with rags or now playing lolarcher and stuff like that. Me being competitive in cRPG ended the moment I retired my lucky gen number 13 main. Came back because I find other games beyond boring and because I like combat mechanics.

Futher development of this mod is none of my concern. Also have no desire to ever again play the game developed by Talewords or mods for it. Besides them selling the same game over and over again, they also never took the time or effort to fix many annoying bugs this engine has. Yes, whole idea is brilliant and implementation is still unique on the market but I think it's time that more competent people improve this concept.

I also understand why you wish this mod to live. But that's business of yours, not mine. I don't have to automatically like Paul just because he's working on this mod. Not after many insults he threw at me, concealed as examples of finest german humour... Everyone who I ever offended or did harm has the right to dislike me, but same goes in my case.

On topic: people pissed at archers mainly because of stun. Fix the stun and most of the hate will disappear.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2013, 06:02:26 pm »
+3
Why can't I solo multiple players at once?
Yeah, I mean ground and horseranged sure as fuck can, it's not like I'm supposed to be somewhat of a counter to archers or anything. I hate xbows as much as the next guy, but as long as their tag isn't SB Xbowies all have to change to melee if an xbow nest is invaded, archers can keep running and shooting while one archer gets caught. Tzar is right in that a lot of heavily outspoken archer haters consider kiting the biggest issue, and it is true that the weight nerf did a lot to nerf kiting, but quite frankly, as long as you don't have to stand still whilst drawing your bow kiting will be an issuel. Only thing I really want nerfed with ranged atm is facehug shooting, and twice as bad, the ability to shoot through a shield at close ranges with all ranged weapons besides maybe trowing (the animation doesn't seem to make it possible, and I've never tested it) without getting my old friendcherstun.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2013, 06:36:22 pm »
+1

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 12:32:29 am »
+2
its the amount of each class/highlevels on the same team that makes them OP. not the character sheet.
cut to the chase, summa summarum:

banner balance or no banner balance.

banner balance is the reason why teams is devided like they are currently. you can nerf and buff and what not but you will still end up with the same unbalanced garbage.

tinkering with balance is like time-traveling - the more you travel, the more you fuck up  :P

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2013, 05:03:16 am »
+1
Eu1 these days... :mrgreen:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2013, 05:28:45 am »
+2
As long as melee aren't playing as a team and protecting their archers, I can kill them using a shield. Unless there are more than 1 ranged working together, then I find it impossible to solo them. Why can't I solo multiple players at once?

First, I can not kill "them", I can kill one.

Second, I probably spend a good 10 seconds average chasing and fighting and probably get myself killed shortly after killing one, or before, as even if melee don't actively defend ranged they are often in the way and can be a bitch to disengage if they really want me dead.

Third, "ranged working together" just means "ranged with line of sight between each other". It's not active teamwork, it doesn't require any effort.

Fourth, I am more than able to solo 3 or even 4 melee players on a regular basis, with the same build. That build is one of the least terrible melee "counters" to ranged yet it is definitely much better at fighting melee than at fighting ranged.

Fifth, do you never see archers or xbowers soloing multiple melee players ? Because I do. I don't see what would be the problem with shielders soloing multiple ranged.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 704
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2013, 12:12:05 pm »
+1
Despite having 24 kilos of gear on my back, I can still kite a bit. Movement speed has nothing to do with it. With two quivers I'm slower than most on the battlefield, having 7 ATH or 8 ATH makes little to no difference.

I can kite because of arrow stun, which is the strongest weapon in my arsenal. It helps me kill melee guys who are chasing me, it helps my team when I shoot guys who are fighting them. Bring back old gear weight so I can fight properly with melee weapon, but remove the stun.

The main thing that piss people off is arrow stun, not damage. I can feel the rage of some tincan from a far. Not even using bodkins but still see him fuming because every arrow stops him for few seconds.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2013, 12:29:04 pm »
+1
Asking for being able to kite again = removing weight nerf, is like Syria asking to switch out its chemical warfare arsenal with nukes....

Anyways, ima lock this thread now.

It doesn't seem to do any good.

Good luck Leshma with trying to lobby to make Archers immune to inf again.

To all the inf out there stick together :!:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:33:47 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.