Author Topic: Time to end the range whine.  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
Re: Time to end the range whine.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 10:46:57 pm »
Nerf instastab.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 10:58:00 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Hipster

Skyrim UI

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 03:06:47 am »
+10
Short version : when you see ranged, run away, seek cover and hope they don't find you. It's someone else's problem, now. Also, try to zigzag instead of running in a straight line. You'll get shot anyway, but at least you tried.

Simply because melee doesn't need a buff.

In all seriousness, melee needs a serious buff. What is so bad with Native melee combat and dying after two hits ? It seems everybody has to die in 538456 melee attacks or two arrows in cRPG.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 03:33:48 am »
+9

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 316
  • Swag so dope, snapback rehab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 04:23:22 am »
This game just needs more incentive to use non sword-class weapons.

Smegmar #1 NA HOC guy that actually doesn't suck dick at cRPG

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 04:46:59 am »
More than almost knockdown on every swing on blunt weapons or even 2 hit pierce wonders?

:lol:

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 04:56:34 am »
+1
In all seriousness, melee needs a serious buff. What is so bad with Native melee combat and dying after two hits ? It seems everybody has to die in 538456 melee attacks or two arrows in cRPG.
This. If melee was more lethal it wouldn't feel like you you only died to ranged and teambumps, along with making shit more overall fun.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 05:15:52 am »
+3
What this mod lacks atm:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 01:56:40 pm »
+5
simple counter to ranged, shield and light armour

however ... entire cRPG community -

** ME DUN KNO HOW PLAY WITH LESS THUN 60 BUDY ARMUR! ARCHURS R TOO FAST! NERF THEM OMG! **
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 02:02:45 pm »
+4
I hate a lot less on archers since I'm playin Pitch Fork peasantmy old friend with 15/24 build.
I get oneshotted but if those bastards miss I'm on them very quick and nothing feels better than assraping those fuckers with a fork  :)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 02:38:52 pm »
+3
Shielder is only a defensive counter to ranged. Ranged can still deal damage to everyone else and shielders that aren't facing them. You shut your own offensive abilities down while "countering". When in range you are then melee vs melee which counter each other depending on player skill and some stats. As long as you can manual block you can shit on players in melee with just a bit of power strike, and with the agi ranged usually have. During this melee fight, anything can happen. You get to the point where you can't push any more, you have more ranged shooting at you, other melee get involved etc

So its false to say that shielder is a counter. Its a defensive counter. A real counter to ranged would be something that offensively deals damage to ranged without much risk of taking damage themselves, and they would be able to deal this damage without fulfilling many conditions first, similarly to how ranged deal damage without taking damage themselves
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »
I actually have +3 bodkins, but I never use them since its much funnier to just aim at the general direction of the enemy without even slightly caring for individual arrow dmg.
One of the 78 arrows will do the job eventually...

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 03:47:57 pm »
Shielder is only a defensive counter to ranged. Ranged can still deal damage to everyone else and shielders that aren't facing them. You shut your own offensive abilities down while "countering". When in range you are then melee vs melee which counter each other depending on player skill and some stats. As long as you can manual block you can shit on players in melee with just a bit of power strike, and with the agi ranged usually have. During this melee fight, anything can happen. You get to the point where you can't push any more, you have more ranged shooting at you, other melee get involved etc

So its false to say that shielder is a counter. Its a defensive counter. A real counter to ranged would be something that offensively deals damage to ranged without much risk of taking damage themselves, and they would be able to deal this damage without fulfilling many conditions first, similarly to how ranged deal damage without taking damage themselves

this is the thing a lot of crpg guys don't understand, ranged in native is very well balanced; every single infantryman can get a shield (as you say defensive), and throwing weapons, which are just not anywhere near as viable in crpg as they are in native.

if you want throwing with a shield in crpg you have to sacrifice ~~ 5+ power throw & ~~ 3 points in weapon master, as well as acquiring +3 throwing weapons, which is a huge sacrifice for having a very small chance of killing a player, compared to what an extra 2 ath or 2 powerstrike instead of the throwing would give you

IMO remove power throw, make it completely dependent on throwing WPF.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »
+1
So agi whores will also be able to throw?....  :rolleyes:
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »

What you describe sounds like shield+throwers actually, and I find them a bit UP in cRPG. I'm not even taking the ridiculous upkeep on them, into account.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:07:45 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D