6 (3.6%)
Double XP and Gold
50 (29.8%)
No, thanks
21 (12.5%)
Tripple XP
67 (39.9%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: One hour of double XP or Gold  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
Re: One hour of double XP or Gold
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 12:01:24 am »
+2
Great points above. I honestly think we're looking at a much bigger issue, and that is how experience is currently given.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »
Honestly, we should just keep double xp as the new standard, no reason for levelling to be so stale.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 03:50:40 pm »
remove banner balance and change the way we gain xp and gold. thanks.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 07:37:11 pm »
We finally got double xp again since April, and you are asking for more? ungrateful

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 07:41:41 pm »
+2
All this arguing emerges from the expectation that the game has to be fair. This isn't counter-strike, people. Some dudes are more powerful than others.

What?

Of course the game should be fair. It's easy for us who have accumulated looms and levels and the hours required to develop a basic skill set to say this pile of crap, but this kind of attitude will drive away anyone who isn't heavily invested into this mod. When these heavily invested people begin leaving due to whatever reason, the population declines without anyone new to fill their place. Being "more powerful than others" should come as a result of skill, not given due to game mechanics.

With that said, XP isn't the only problem. Banner balance, as much as I love to be on the good end of it, is a team balance wrecking cancer.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 07:44:01 pm »
+1
All this arguing emerges from the expectation that the game has to be fair. This isn't counter-strike, people. Some dudes are more powerful than others.
Games have to be fair.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2013, 08:49:50 pm »
What?

Of course the game should be fair. It's easy for us who have accumulated looms and levels and the hours required to develop a basic skill set to say this pile of crap, but this kind of attitude will drive away anyone who isn't heavily invested into this mod. When these heavily invested people begin leaving due to whatever reason, the population declines without anyone new to fill their place. Being "more powerful than others" should come as a result of skill, not given due to game mechanics.

With that said, XP isn't the only problem. Banner balance, as much as I love to be on the good end of it, is a team balance wrecking cancer.

fucking word man.

+10000
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:02:55 pm by Sniger »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2013, 08:56:54 pm »
Games have to be fair.

yup, a game have certain rules, otherwise it wouldn't be a game. the rules is there to make it fair and even, otherwise it wouldn't be a game or competition.

"The Olympic Games" is a sport event. it have rules and regulations to make it as fair and even as possible. if there was no fairgame, it wouldn't be sport/game and besides it would be fucking boring to watch.

in comparison, crpg is like the old roman circus where slaves prisoners and others is basicly sacrificed to hungry lions.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »
+2
yup, a game have certain rules, otherwise it wouldn't be a game. the rules is there to make it fair and even, otherwise it wouldn't be a game or competition.

"The Olympic Games" is a sport event. it have rules and regulations to make it as fair and even as possible. if there was no fairgame, it wouldn't be sport/game and besides it would be fucking boring to watch.

in comparison, crpg is like the old roman circus where slaves prisoners and others is basicly sacrificed to hungry lions.

Colosseum, right?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »
precisely. tnx

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 12:10:15 pm »
+2
Well, the Circus Maximus was the main forum for 'ludi' in Rome, games of chariot race, wrestling, gladiator fights, people fighting wild animals etc. until the
Colosseum was built later during the Principate.

Offline jack786

• Count
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
  • Field Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadia
  • Game nicks: Nefcok
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2013, 12:26:18 pm »
+3
Yep, make the double xp as standart. It's right now kind of normal, not so hardcore. Before I always played with STF characters(yea, i know silly). But Now I few weeks ago I made main, and with the double xp I managed to get him to gen3, lv30 so far. Okay extra xp was from strat battles when they let any non high level players in for xp milking.( This was also first time playing start battle, which I always tried to participate, but noone let me in, because I didnt had high level, but I didnt had high level because I didnt want to grind.
So, please let the double xp stay as normal, and also make the strat battles somehow accessible for noobs too( they want fun too).
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 01:34:51 pm »
+1
...This was also first time playing start battle, which I always tried to participate, but noone let me in, because I didnt had high level, but I didnt had high level ...
This is one of the things i despise strat game mechanics for. Instead of giving enough insentives to recrute low level players , these are complettly ignored. Not only dont have singleplayers really anything meaningfull todo in strategus, but even for the fucking battles they are discriminated. After all this game is for "BIG" clans right?

Banner stacking, alliance whoring but totally unfriendly for new players. With fewer and fewer players now, this may change, but when there would be a surge of players again with the new strat 5.0 i guess we are back to the old roster politics full of alliance buddies.

In comparison double xp is a small issue, if the mindset towards this wont change for the new game developments ..., still hey do double xp, i dont care, just remember, all get it so afterall nothing changes. If you do it only till 5th generatiosn, those beyond still have more looms or are higher in level and those who reach the 5 generation or a certain level then would gain less XP, still would face the same problem. If you do it for all, me and other high genreation and high level players still would be ahead even though you may reach lvl 33 to 34 sooner ^^, i would perhaps then reach 37. As hinted before, if you want it fair, you cant play a RPG where those who put countless hours in it, determin char stats. Everyone could put these hours into the game, but not everyone can or would. If but a total fair system, then we loose parts of the RPG characters and that is part of what makes the game uniq.

Looking forward to 37, already saving up money for another respec  :mrgreen:
just another 460,774,682 XP (devided by 2 due to double XP mmm)
well since i came back 2 months ago i made roughly 50 to 60 million XP, 1 1/2 to 2 years on normal XP ...

or as Feldwebel/Sergeant Schulz would say "Siz iz nothing"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:39:39 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog