Author Topic: Upkeep consequence : remove items  (Read 4308 times)

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
Re: Upkeep consequence : remove items
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »
The Problem is, this is a PvP mod and not a RP Meeting, so most of the people want to get the best available armour and the most effective weapons for their builds.
so what?
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 10:12:35 pm »
So in the long run most of the players would use the sword of instagib and the heavy armour of uberness.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 02:37:36 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:06 am »
Patch has MADE the game. If you dont like that you cannot wear black armour and ride plated charger every round, thats just TOO bad. I hate to say this, but: Every post I read complaining that the patch has ruined the game gives me the same thoughts: YOUR NOT GONNA GO BACK TO NATIVE: Why? Because you fucking suck at it, thats why you want plate armour and a plated horse, because you need the crutch. Before the patch, skill helped but a newish player COULD NOT beat a lvl 40, just COULDNOT be done, and if we all wanted that, we would play WoW. Now even the greatest players with the best gear will have to run around in med tier for a bit every now and then, and allows EVERYONE to enjoy the game. Not good enough to fight and have a good time WITHOUT ur platemail, go suck a radish, this is a game of skillbased combat, go roll an orc warrior in Oblivion and play untill you flatten everything, this is Playerskill vs playerskill combat, NOT "Lets see who has the most free time and let them win" combat. Grow up. chadz doesnt owe you anything, he does what he wants with his mod.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 03:00:49 am »
grey shut the fuck up you dont know squat about armor all you do is call out on those who use it, what the hell is your problem

Why the fuck cant I use the gear I got, its no fun to revert to mail armor when you finally got the plate.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 03:09:05 am »
grey shut the fuck up you dont know squat about armor all you do is call out on those who use it, what the hell is your problem

Why the fuck cant I use the gear I got, its no fun to revert to mail armor when you finally got the plate.

Pretty sure if you go into the game it'll let you equip and use your gear as long as you meet the stat requirements. :wink:

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 03:26:43 am »
Most times I end up in the top ten players on my team and I am losing money even with a 50% win/lose. Item breaking chances should be decreased significantly especially if you survive the entire round and your team wins, which currently doesn't seem to matter. Why is my shit breaking when I have a full health bar?

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 03:34:55 am »
Patch has MADE the game. If you dont like that you cannot wear black armour and ride plated charger every round, thats just TOO bad. I hate to say this, but: Every post I read complaining that the patch has ruined the game gives me the same thoughts: YOUR NOT GONNA GO BACK TO NATIVE: Why? Because you fucking suck at it, thats why you want plate armour and a plated horse, because you need the crutch. Before the patch, skill helped but a newish player COULD NOT beat a lvl 40, just COULDNOT be done, and if we all wanted that, we would play WoW. Now even the greatest players with the best gear will have to run around in med tier for a bit every now and then, and allows EVERYONE to enjoy the game. Not good enough to fight and have a good time WITHOUT ur platemail, go suck a radish, this is a game of skillbased combat, go roll an orc warrior in Oblivion and play untill you flatten everything, this is Playerskill vs playerskill combat, NOT "Lets see who has the most free time and let them win" combat. Grow up. chadz doesnt owe you anything, he does what he wants with his mod.

An other stupid comment, as you are Grey, light gear dude with skill can kill a tincan easly, pre/post patch.
I played il full plate, churburg/open sallet, before patch, was in the top each round, now i use blue gambison and furr hat, still on the top. So what gray??? It's not more/less fair now, it's just more easy  for those who choose to play as a light gear warrior, with an agistack  template based. Now they don't need 3 strike to kill an enemy, they one shot all those peasant runing around naked for saving money , hoping one day they can use a nice armor without thinking about maintain the stuff they buyed.

FOR THE LAST TIME, there's two kind of warrior, two big classes:
-Agistack: Light footwarrior who use light gear and count on their speed for runing around , avoiding enemy strike, and strike fast with their high wpf.
-Str: Those who choose the constitution part, play whith high str/hp score and heavy armor/shield, being an human wall for their teammates, protect them and then, strike once and slow, but very hard.

elf/dwarf  thief/paladin  light footman/heavy infantry  duelist/guards man

There's thos who need armor for surviving, there's who has their agility and dexterity

NOW there's no more option, you have to be agi guy to be realy efficient.

Plate is a way to play, not a power, plate is slow, heavy and reduce wpf. It's not a superpower, just a normal stuff for a normal class calledTANK
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:37:33 am by LordSnow »
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 03:38:43 am »
on top of the fact that this game is about medieval combat, which featured plate armor because it was effective. Plate is cool and part of the fluff, so it should be in and worth it.

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 04:26:57 am »
I dont know what you would wish to use everyround....but i been playing for a while (actually too much) since the patch came out,and used kind of 4 sets:

1.Full black plated armor in many many rounds with tears and a maul a heavy set,heavy gauntlets and all the stuff...
2. Used coat of plates with heavy pieces and same weapons,
3. lammelar (13k one) which is a pretty handy armor and...
4. then light armors when multiplier was x1 or x2 or map was unbalanced or team was losing with no solution.

Depending on the chances or the composition of teams and terrain i changed hand armor,feet armor and head armor accordingly risking more or less depending on the estimated chances of win. Sometimes changed weapons too,as usual. But mostly tears or longsword and maul or pike.

Started with 120k , bought clymore sword which cost like 10k,played for like 1.5 million xp (gen1,so its slow) and:

And still have 112K(so im up 2k refounding the clymore)....i could have won more not going FULL FULL equip that much times,but why not?.Still have the same gold and i dont even need it for nothing. But i like the different sets,each one has his use and his proposit.

Now for all of you who say plate is op or that you need plate everyround.....you both:

Everytime i go full plate, im not in advantage against an enemy on my same skill and lvl which wears lighter armor than me in a duel. (its even worse if there are 2 of them). Which means in a 1 vs 1, in a round he hasnt invested much,he has the actual advantage,cause he has the same skills,lvls,but more speed. Yeah,i only need one hit most of the time in that case. But if he had choose well his weapon and has the PS needed to do the job without glancing (which was like 6 before the patch,probably 5 could do the job depending on the weapon damage type and cuantity),he has the advantage.

Actually, with the weapon proficiency that heavy armor makes you lose, you deal far less damage in black armor,than naked....just test it people.

Plate gives u protection. But protection "in general cases" against medium hits, low damage projectiles, team hits , and low lvl hits that would had pierce your medium armor and stun you.... Plate doesnt protect u from a hit from a PS6 or more melee dedicated char of your same lvl.You gona take 2 or 3 at much then die. What im trying to explain,its that when i use the lighter sets and i find a bad player in full plate,i just think "Oh shit,this is gona cost him a lot".

In conclusion: No matter whats nerfed or not,as long as its not stupidly unbalanced,im gona get OWNED most of the time by players that are better than me,even if lower lvls, and own then players that are worse than me most of the time,even if higher,as long as im not lvl 1 and they are 30 or the contrary. And this works for u all too.This happens in all games,Pls people, get over it.

NOBODY cant have his full set everyround,so YOU can kill people easier than before(if done correctly,which im trying to work on XDD) as long as YOU can be killed easier too,pretty fair for me.

And pls,pls,pls, stop the "oh so one peasant can kill me if i wear my leeching robe,and i have been playing this for 7 months!!!! ITS NOT FAIR,I WOULD KILL HIM IF I HAD MY 200K EQUIPMENT!!!" argument , it makes  me vomit. I love the patch.

And now,my only complain about the patch for now:
Please chadz,fix the Health showing in game,many chars are shown to start with less hp than full,even when they have full hp. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:38:51 am by BD_SUPERBEAST »