Author Topic: Upkeep consequence : remove items  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
Re: Upkeep consequence : remove items
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 12:57:50 pm »
as a peasant u cant kill, thats for sure. I think that the breaking chance is to high anyway, and sometimes just stupid, cose why my xbow or bolts would break almsot every round??? there should be different % for different class of eq and different things, so hammers should have the lowes % to break cose I cant rly imagine iron hammer breaking (or morning star) and spear the highest cose spears tend to break as they are basicaly long stics, Also I think that different armors should breake with different % chance.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »
Some of you ppl are getting it wrong on the % of breaking chance.

It's 4% x T were T = How much minutes passed before round ends.

So if a round took 5 min:

It's 4% x 5 = 20% chance for an item/s to break.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 01:38:51 pm »
stupid boy , the aim is not to remove plate! Plate is a part of a game , when you plat plate you scrifice speed, dmg, etc..for a better protection. For me it's too costy to being in plate now, PLATE IS JUST A CLASS AND A WAY TO PLAY, NOT MORE EASY THAN AGISTACK MAIL GUYS (or ninja or munted archer or..) . Plated charger is different, it's an abberation.

I am neither stupid nor a boy.  :?

It's easy: upkeep is meant to sustain equipment worth 20-25k. Many items exceed this limit, e.g. Milanese Plate or Plated Charger. So basically you can assume it's meant to remove them. The fact, that you can use them anyway for a short time is only a small admission to those people, to not punish them totally. (Which is more than _I_ would grant them  :evil: )

But currently I see plated horses for longer than three rounds, which is way too long for my personal taste. As I said, if it was me there would be no (such) armoured horses at all, any more.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 01:47:40 pm »
This is my equipment set ups:

"Normal set ups" equipment listed here or lower

Armors: "Surcoat over mail" or "Light strange armor"

Bow: Khergit bow

Arrows: Large bag of bodkin arrows X2

Handarmor: Wisby guantlets

Feet armor: "Splinted greaves with spurs" or "Light strange boots"

Meele: Longsword

Horses: "Courser" and "Sarranid"
__

With this set up I do make money. Some times I lose a bit, some times it stays the same. This is certainly upkeepable all the time "for me".

Heavy equipment

Same as before, just heavier horse: Kataphract horse.

When I use this set up I do lose money.

____

From my experience, you can certainly upkeep a plate armor as melee all the time. if this is what chadz didnt want, upkeep should be increased.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 03:10:48 pm »
I would just suggest to look at the weight. Every weight point above 18 will be doubled  19 => 20, 22 => 26, 29 => 40.

This way plate users move slower than turtles. I think this would be balance, finally  :mrgreen:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
this repair system and money system is to MUCH based on luck. I bought a lamear armor and some leather helmet, spent 3k gold on it and then I was unlucky enough to play an hour and a half with 1x modifier and lost another 3k on repairs and now I have 700 gold and soon will be forced to run naked, I dont think it is supposed to be like this??

Basicaly now it looks like this: lots of luck=able to upkeep plate armor   lack of luck= u wont be even able to upkeep the lamear armor.
to much luck influence in such important matter as upkeep of items. So saying 'if u cant upkeep, buy cheaper armor' doesnt work at all, it is not a matter if I can or can not upkeep a plate, it is just a matter of luck on which I have no influence.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 05:14:16 pm »
Well, yeah, with the hotfix now, it doesn't look like it does much.
Let's just assume 48,500 equip as maintainable is right. Then I have no problem going Gothic Plate, Sugarloaf, Greaves, Boots and Elegant Poleaxe. This is only 7500 higher and unless I'm thinking wrong here, that means with that equip I loose 7500*0.04*0.05=15 gold per minute on average. So as long as I just spawn every 5th round naked, I wont ever have to give this plate up. Hmm. As crossbowman I have no incentive to not go in light plate (25k) sniper crossbow (10k) and top weapon (12k) all the time either. I can play with warhorse and light armor always no problem (or alternate between heavy cav build and something else ... easily). So I guess, black armor flambergers are gone as are plated chargers... but mail wont be used except by cavalry.
Imo it should be more restrictive make 30k or something, but yeah, also make it not luck based, everyone pays the same percentage every minute, simple, noone can feel unlucky anymore.

And Joker, try to take 4 plate covered steel shields on a server, that is 40 weight... so much for balanced.  :)

Offline Cheesecake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Slippery Cheesecake Toss Boy_ Slightly ambiguous Dingleberries etc etc
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm »
if he doesnt want pple running around in plate all the goddamn time why cant he just put durability on items so they break after so long and you need to buy a replacement

theres your goddamn gold sink

Enter the sundering.

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »
During your leveling process build up a bank account.  Buy your stuff, don't immediately use it, play your classes strengths and be smart about it to get your kills and have fun, even as a peasant.  This eliminates the grind because even as a peasant you can get kills.

At around lvl 22 using this tactic with my medium cav lancer I am able to use a full set of the armor I want to, my courser, long great lance, a war spear, and a shield, twice.  I fluctuate around the same amount of bank roll i have since I began using it.  Sometimes I lose more, sometimes i gain way past the amount. 

Just because using math you "bleed" money overtime doesn't always translate to going bankrupt in game.  The upkeep system was built to MAKE the heaviest armors and most expensive gear in the game become a money pit, it was the whole point.  Medium to heavy is still quite usable in a permanent fashion, and with a bankroll built up over an hour or two of heavy play it works out just fine.  Even if your math shows that you will be losing money over time rather than gaining it, so what?  Who ever said that you should ALWAYS be moving up in money once you reach the top tier armors and other items?  There are several people in servers who are actually complaining because they have all this gold now and nothing to use it on.  Well, use it on top tier items and have some fun!

FUN people, that is the bottom line.  PLAY THE GAME TO HAVE FUN.  Stab people, maul, maim, make them your bitch.  Have some lulz doing it and enjoy your playtime rather than grind until your eyes bleed.  If reaching that next level, grinding your heart out to gain every little bit of an advantage over your enemy, and sleeping for only 2 hours a night while surviving on hot pockets and top ramen is your cup of tea, well, then you're playing the wrong game.  Might I suggest World of Warcraft or some other generic boring grindy MMO.

Wow I was going to post, but you pretty much stole the words out of my mouth. I agree completely!

Also, I see some problems with people's calculations.

Not only do we have a 4% break chance, but its the 4% break chance PER piece of equipment, which means on average 6-7 pieces of equipment (Head, Body, Feet, Hands, Wep 1, Shield, Wep2)

Anyways, I have no trouble gaining money, even playing as a mounted character. Also, the money sinks and new WPF system has encouraged me to hybridize and since gold is gained faster now, it is much easier to buy different levels of armor for different situations. I now have very light, medium, and heavy chainmail armor, all of which I play in different circumstances and depending on how much money I want to gain. I have fun playing all of them.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 02:08:45 pm »
Dudes, I don't care 'bout your crazy ass maths or whatever,

The thing is you can't possibly play a few rounds in a row with a nice armor, and that just sucks hard.
I started cRPG the day before "THE" Patch, so when i started, i saw all these nice customisations, some where tincans, but whatever, if they like it... But that's what I immediately liked 'bout cRPG, the character customisation. Nowadays, you see 25% of naked people, 25% of armored people that are probably losing all the money they earned before the patch, and 50% of random armored peasantly douchebags.
Now probably you guys are going to disagree, saying you guys get enough money blablabla... That's because you're lucky. For example there are way to much unbalanced maps, so when you're on the bad team you lose, end of story. And if -by chance- you land on the good team, you get swapped at the end of the round!!

This patch is full of good ideas, but not well balanced. Maybe gold earned for kills, who knows...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:13:06 pm by MrExxc »

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 02:13:12 pm »
I agree with u MrExxc, I keep  repeating that u cant have an upkeep system based on how much luck u have, it just doesnt mix. However someone proposed rly nice idea to get money and exp for kills and dmg which I think would solve the problem.

Offline Guduk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_ODUN
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 02:17:52 pm »
I think upkeep system is a good idea but just needs to be improved...
No need to remove it.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 02:23:30 pm »
I think upkeep system is a good idea but just needs to be improved...
No need to remove it.

system would be kept, just add money and exp for kills and dmg

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 06:02:05 pm »
Dudes, I don't care 'bout your crazy ass maths or whatever,

The thing is you can't possibly play a few rounds in a row with a nice armor, and that just sucks hard.
I started cRPG the day before "THE" Patch, so when i started, i saw all these nice customisations, some where tincans, but whatever, if they like it... But that's what I immediately liked 'bout cRPG, the character customisation. Nowadays, you see 25% of naked people, 25% of armored people that are probably losing all the money they earned before the patch, and 50% of random armored peasantly douchebags.
Now probably you guys are going to disagree, saying you guys get enough money blablabla... That's because you're lucky. For example there are way to much unbalanced maps, so when you're on the bad team you lose, end of story. And if -by chance- you land on the good team, you get swapped at the end of the round!!

This patch is full of good ideas, but not well balanced. Maybe gold earned for kills, who knows...

Y'oure so RIGHT ! A G G R EE

Customisation is a great part of the game, for the skin/look AND for the way to play, remove plate are stupid!

Upkeep need to be lowered or remove, or something need to be done.

( and you, guys with this stupid joker avatar who i can't remember the name, just STFU)

Quot myself

Upkeep is a nice idea :) realy. BUT cRPG is a game, and players (me too) enjoy playing what they LOVE, some like to play as a cav, some like to play as plate, some like to play as ninja, some are str player and some are agi player. Playing agi give more wpf, speed, parade rapidity and BY that do not need heavy armor, the way they play don't requiered body protection, their best protection IS their agi. For them, upkeep is not a problem..

BUT some players enjoy playing str char, who are slower, realy slower, do less dmg but are in front of melee, fight face to face with enemy, they strike 1 time when they agi friends strike 3 times.

THIS IS A WAY TO PLAY. 

mail / agi build is good AS plate/str character.

Reducing the possibility for players to play with the stuff they worked hard for earning is stupid, let's PLATE COME BACK, IT's JUST A CLASSE,A WAY TO PLAY, not a sort of overpowerd item we use.

Now, for wearing plate, we're oblige to play many many many round in realy light gear. It's a pitty and for what mh? what's the aim? Creating a peasant fight mod?

PLEASE look at Donjons and dragons rules, two way to play a warrior, heavy (plate and slow) and light (light armor and fast) . Both are deadly, both are cool, both are nice, why can't we get this here? (and plz dont answer me : go play dnd with your nerd friend)

AGI /STR , two way, two classes of warrior, two different kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:06:10 pm by LordSnow »
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »
The Problem is, this is a PvP mod and not a RP Meeting, so most of the people want to get the best available armour and the most effective weapons for their builds.