Author Topic: im fat im fat oh god im fat  (Read 9234 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: im fat im fat oh god im fat
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2013, 12:14:29 am »
+1
Anyway, what does spawn raper know about diet?  :twisted:
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 948
  • Infamy: 1498
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2013, 12:23:44 am »
He's a dentist, he should know a thing or two about chemistry.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2013, 12:32:31 am »
+10
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2013, 06:59:43 am »
+3
Anyone can post links and theory, but what matters is the application and results. Thanksgiving I was 260. Today I'm 225, or a loss of 35 lbs in 30 days. I did it by eating 4 meals a day, keeping my fat intake to under 3 grams per day the first week, and under 10 grams per day for the rest of the time. I workout for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week, keeping my heart rate at 140 for at least 20 minutes. That usually means walking 1/2 a mile, then running 1/2 mile, then doing light weights for 15-20 minutes with less than 30 seconds in between reps. That's it. I ate until full and I ate what I wanted as long as I didn't exceed my fat budget. I'm still dropping weight at around 1lb per day. My blood pressure is typically around 118-125 over 68-75. My blood sugar is right in the middle of the "normal" range (we have test kits at home and use them to check).
If you want to lose weight, try that. Or listen to endless conflicting theories or click on links to conflicting websites written by "experts".
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2013, 09:53:12 am »
Oh yeah, anecdotal evidence is the best science. I know a guy who lost weight by eating five Big Mac meals a day. Try that, Poophammer.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2013, 06:07:48 pm »
+2
You have nothing other than information from "experts" that conflicts with information from other "experts" Xant. And you DON'T know someone who lost weight by eating 5 Big Macs a day unless they were already eating 6 Big Macs a day. Your 1 meal a day plan is scientifically proven by doctors to be bad for your overall health, regardless of whether you can lose weight by doing so. As was said earlier, losing weight is a matter of taking less calories in than you expend. What matters here is doing it in a healthy way that isn't going to kill you just as fast as being overweight will. I really don't care what you do to your own body, but I do care when you tell someone else to do something that is going to end up with them having to deal with Type 2 Diabetes.  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2013, 06:15:13 pm »
No, it isn't scientifically proven by doctors to be bad for your overall health.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline McCart

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2013, 06:51:51 pm »
You have nothing other than information from "experts" that conflicts with information from other "experts" Xant. And you DON'T know someone who lost weight by eating 5 Big Macs a day unless they were already eating 6 Big Macs a day. Your 1 meal a day plan is scientifically proven by doctors to be bad for your overall health, regardless of whether you can lose weight by doing so. As was said earlier, losing weight is a matter of taking less calories in than you expend. What matters here is doing it in a healthy way that isn't going to kill you just as fast as being overweight will. I really don't care what you do to your own body, but I do care when you tell someone else to do something that is going to end up with them having to deal with Type 2 Diabetes.

This.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:03:40 pm by McCart »

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2013, 09:31:55 pm »
+3
No, it isn't scientifically proven by doctors to be bad for your overall health.

When you don't understand what you read, I can understand why you can be so ignorant in your statements.

Morning plasma glucose concentrations were significantly greater in subjects when they were consuming 1 meal/d compared to when they were consuming 3 meals/d (Table 1). When consuming 1 meal/d the subjects exhibited poorer glucose tolerance as indicated by a significantly greater and more prolonged elevation of plasma glucose concentrations compared to subjects consuming 3 meals/d diet (Fig. 1). Fasting plasma insulin concentrations were not significantly affected by meal frequency (Table 1), and there were no significant effects of diet on insulin responses to glucose during the OGTT, although there was a trend towards a delayed insulin response when subjects consumed 1 meal/d

link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2121099/

That link is from the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Not some gym rat with a blog.

Do you know what elevated plasma glucose concentrations is called? It's hyperglycemia.

Here, from the diabetes site. http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/hyperglycemia.html

Hyperglycemia is the technical term for high blood glucose (blood sugar). High blood glucose happens when the body has too little insulin or when the body can't use insulin properly.

It isn't a little bit higher when you eat 1 meal a day. It is significantly higher.

What is the result of untreated hyperglycemia? From the Mayo clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hyperglycemia/DS01168/DSECTION=complications

Long-term complications
Untreated hyperglycemia can cause long-term complications. These include:

Cardiovascular disease
    Nerve damage (neuropathy)
    Kidney damage (nephropathy) or kidney failure
    Damage to the blood vessels of the retina (diabetic retinopathy), potentially leading to blindness
    Clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye (cataract)
    Feet problems caused by damaged nerves or poor blood flow that can lead to serious infections
    Bone and joint problems, such as osteoporosis
    Skin problems, including bacterial infections, fungal infections and nonhealing wounds
    Teeth and gum infections

When it finally leads to diabetes:

Emergency complications
If blood sugar rises high enough or for a prolonged period of time, it can lead to two serious conditions.

Diabetic ketoacidosis. Diabetic ketoacidosis develops when you have too little insulin in your body. Without enough insulin, sugar (glucose) can't enter your cells for energy. Your blood sugar level rises, and your body begins to break down fat for energy.

This process produces toxic acids known as ketones. Excess ketones accumulate in the blood and eventually "spill over" into the urine. Left untreated, diabetic ketoacidosis can lead to diabetic coma and be life-threatening.

Diabetic hyperosmolar syndrome. This condition occurs when people produce insulin, but it doesn't work properly. Blood glucose levels may become very high — greater than 600 mg/dL (33 mmol/L). Because insulin is present but not working properly, the body can't use either glucose or fat for energy.

Glucose is then dumped in the urine, causing increased urination. Left untreated, diabetic hyperosmolar syndrome can lead to coma and life-threatening dehydration. Prompt medical care is essential.] Emergency complications
If blood sugar rises high enough or for a prolonged period of time, it can lead to two serious conditions.

Diabetic ketoacidosis. Diabetic ketoacidosis develops when you have too little insulin in your body. Without enough insulin, sugar (glucose) can't enter your cells for energy. Your blood sugar level rises, and your body begins to break down fat for energy.

This process produces toxic acids known as ketones. Excess ketones accumulate in the blood and eventually "spill over" into the urine. Left untreated, diabetic ketoacidosis can lead to diabetic coma and be life-threatening.

Diabetic hyperosmolar syndrome. This condition occurs when people produce insulin, but it doesn't work properly. Blood glucose levels may become very high — greater than 600 mg/dL (33 mmol/L). Because insulin is present but not working properly, the body can't use either glucose or fat for energy.

Glucose is then dumped in the urine, causing increased urination. Left untreated, diabetic hyperosmolar syndrome can lead to coma and life-threatening dehydration. Prompt medical care is essential.

So yeah, if you read all of that and still want to follow Xant's once a day diet, be my guest.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:58:11 pm by Rumblood »

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2013, 11:39:05 pm »
Some of the research said that there was positive changes in weight loss on a more frequent meal diet, mostly done on women and children.
Sorry, I'm way too tired and in no mood to write a proper reply with good.arguments, but basically this had me stop reading
I did it by eating 4 meals a day, keeping my fat intake to under 3 grams per day the first week, and under 10 grams per day for the rest of the time.
Why do you cut on your fats? Way to go if you want your libido to drop and your mood to turn bad. Somebody wrote something about carbs not being bad, well let's be clear: carbs are empty calories and your body is able to put them into blood sugar much faster than proteins or fats. Carbs raise your insulin while fat's don't and fats are used in the synthesis of numerous hormones other applications like cell regeneration.
Fat doesn't make you fat, an excess of calories does. Carbs coming in on the second place.

Our ancestors ate mostly meat and nuts, it's when the first people started planting seeds that they suddenly ste a load of carbs and got fat.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:05:39 am by no_rules_just_play »

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
Well if you bothered to read my conclusion you wouldnt come off as an asshole right now, and you would read that i agree there is no difference for weightloss if you eat 1 meal or a lot if the caloric intake is the same

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2013, 12:28:43 am »
+2
Sorry, I'm way too tired and in no mood to write a proper reply with good.arguments, but basically this had me stop readingWhy do you cut on your fats? Way to go if you want your libido to drop and your mood to turn bad. Somebody wrote something about carbs not being bad, well let's be clear: carbs are empty calories and your body is able to put them into blood sugar much faster than proteins or fats. Carbs raise your insulin while fat's don't and fats are used in the synthesis of numerous hormones other applications like cell regeneration.
Fat doesn't make you fat, an excess of calories does. Carbs coming in on the second place.

Our ancestors ate mostly meat and nuts, it's when the first people started planting seeds that they suddenly ste a load of carbs and got fat.

Hello? I already have plenty of fat. That is the whole point to this thread. So no, my sex drive is just fine thanks, and my mood is no worse reading ignorant posts than it ever was. Skinny people cutting fat? Yes, poor idea. Fat people cutting fat? Excellent idea. By reducing your fat intake, you force your body to use your reserves for all those wonderful synthesis needed in your body. It works. It isn't a theory, it is in application successfully.
Now you seem like a very smart person, but really, sometimes people just don't think about what it is they are saying and the problem that they are trying to solve. Telling someone loaded with fat reserves that they need fat in their diet and should add more? Not thinking things through my dear sir.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2013, 02:33:50 am »
When you don't understand what you read, I can understand why you can be so ignorant in your statements.

That link is from the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Not some gym rat with a blog.

Do you know what elevated plasma glucose concentrations is called? It's hyperglycemia.

Here, from the diabetes site. http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/hyperglycemia.html

It isn't a little bit higher when you eat 1 meal a day. It is significantly higher.

What is the result of untreated hyperglycemia? From the Mayo clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hyperglycemia/DS01168/DSECTION=complications

When it finally leads to diabetes:

So yeah, if you read all of that and still want to follow Xant's once a day diet, be my guest.

It's funny when you say I don't understand what I read, when it's you who clearly doesn't understand. One study says that the plasma glucose concentrations were greater with 1 meal/day.

Because I'm sure that isn't clear enough for you: just because the plasma glucose concentrations are greater doesn't mean they reach hyperglycemia numbers. You clearly didn't read the study, or didn't understand it. Probably both.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:42:52 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2013, 05:48:14 am »
+2
Again, you are simply wrong and refuse to acknowledge it when the information is provided to you. Here is further information for you then. This information comes from the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. You can get the pdf yourself here:
https://www.aace.com/files/dccwhitepaper.pdf‎

The relevant portion for you is this:

In subjects without diabetes,
blood glucose levels typically peak approximately 1
hour after the start of a meal and return to preprandial levels
within 2 to 3 hours; 2-hour postprandial blood glucose
levels rarely exceed 140 mg/dL (39,40). Therefore, the
consensus panel recommends a treatment-targeted 2-hour
postprandial blood glucose level of <140 mg/dL

Postprandial is post-meal btw, and it should be target by treatment if it exceeds 140mg/dL.

Let's take look at that table from the National Institute of Health.

And the larger image:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2121099/figure/F1/

And we see that 1 meal a day peaks at 180 and is above 160 for at least an hour.

And more for you. More studies done by doctors that show nerve damage when your glucose levels exceed 140mg/dL

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/24/8/1448.full

Of patients with diabetes, 10% have peripheral neuropathy at the time of their diagnosis, suggesting that axonal injury may occur early in the course of glucose intolerance. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) revised diagnostic criteria to recognize IGT (a serum glucose between 140 and 200 mg/dl in a 2-h oral glucose tolerance test [OGTT]) as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease independent of development of diabetes.

From Merriam-Webster: Neuropathy -   an abnormal and usually degenerative state of the nervous system or nerves; also :  a systemic condition that stems from a neuropathy

And before you point to the fasting levels being normal in the above graph, we also have this from the same study:

A total of 13 of the 107 patients had diabetes, whereas 36 (34%) had IGT, nearly three times the prevalence in age-matched control subjects (P < 0.01). OGTT was often elevated, whereas both fasting plasma glucose and HbA1c were normal.

Now again, do whatever you like to your own body, but quit trying to convince other people to destroy their bodies following your advice simply because you love to argue endlessly even when wrong.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:06:59 am by Rumblood »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2013, 06:18:27 am »
Nice try, but no.

Hyperglycemia, or high blood sugar (also spelled hyperglycaemia or hyperglycæmia, not to be confused with hypoglycemia) is a condition in which an excessive amount of glucose circulates in the blood plasma. This is generally a glucose level higher than 11.1 mmol/l (200 mg/dl)

Are you completely sure you want to continue with this argument? I'd suggest re-reading the study once more, with thought. Because I'm afraid I'm going to have to point out something you've missed, otherwise, and it'll make you look pretty stupid when you've been zealously preaching about it for two pages.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:29:00 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.