• View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Tydeus
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »
+9
If your still releasing your block just before the sound, your a victim in EU fights. Im pretty sure you must be NA from the way you type on here. NA players might one day catch us, but we are still far far ahead, the guy you are fighting is blocking by instinct: 2 holds, dead. Please, if you are NA, I hate to generalise, but remember: your bad.

You do realize I'm talking about stabs? You don't need to wait for something so obvious coming at you. I'm talking about retaliating as soon as you possibly can for obvious stabs, which often occur in multiple v 1 fights. From your posts, don't kid yourself, you love to generalize.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2013, 08:14:44 pm »
+9
If your still releasing your block just before the sound, your a victim in EU fights. Im pretty sure you must be NA from the way you type on here. NA players might one day catch us, but we are still far far ahead, the guy you are fighting is blocking by instinct: 2 holds, dead. Please, if you are NA, I hate to generalise, but remember: your bad.

So you're stating you've taken the time to get to know all of NA and duel them multiple times thus concluding that we're all bad?

Or are you just talking out of your ass to try to impress people because you need attention and approval?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 08:21:39 pm »
+3
Problem I see right now about implementing a stat for xbows is HA. Right now, once the dust settles and you have won the battle, there will be between 1 and 10 horseranged my old friends riding around. They could still win the round, 100% undeserved, since they neither fight nor run any risk. So being able to grab a crossbow from the corpse of the bundle of sticks who bought and brought it and shoot down the turdface on the horse is invaluable, since without it they could continue to do what they are doing: being 100% safe from the fight while being able to 2 or 3 shot people.

Im not surprised the knights of ancient times despised even their own archers: they really are scum, killing men who have trained their whole lives to become the perfect weapon with impunity.

Crossbows sometimes give hardfighting players a tiny way to fight back. Sure, the HA will probably still kill you, but at least you have a tiny chance to shoot him or his horse.

As a current active HA, I rarely get beaten by a "borrowed" 0 wpf xbow really, it's the dedicated guys that get me, both archers and xbows.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 09:29:42 pm »
+2
Wanted to ask you one more thing what are the chances and techincal posibilities of implementing a skill requirement for the xbows?

Skill requirement for crossbows isn't needed because it's not a problem that non-xbowers can pick xbows up, but that xbowers don't have to go over 15str to deal huge damage and can stack shitload of agility.

It's str requirement of xbows that should be increased, not additional skill to be added. If arba had 20str req, I could understand losing a lot of health from getting shot. Obviously another free respec would be needed...

Skyrim UI

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2013, 09:29:59 pm »
Oh and also a bit of appreciation for you Tydeus to compensate for the ignorant hate present in this thread:

I approve of most of your work and I think you are directly responsible for having actually sped up the game quit a bit already. Faster and easier animations on those that were pretty crappy to use for polearm and 1h, have noticably decreased the inability to bypass people's blocking skill that I have felt with slower weapons from these classes. I appreciate that you dare to touch the core of the game and try to improve upon it in this stage. The stabs have been overbuffed and they piss me the hell of so I hope you can tweak them soon, but when that is done I think you actually managed to improve the game.
Yeah for 1h and polearms, since they were the only melee weapons to get buffed, afaik.
I think 2h stab is the easiest to counter right now since the stun is long, you can force a stunned stab more easily since they can't turn as well, and there's less risk to getting hit by an extremely late stab as long as you're not running at high speed into it.
Yup, agreed. Played with 1h on eu_3 and never rly had any problem with the stab stun on it. I had to gain a loom point recently, so i also played a lot with my polearm alt, and the problem stab stun was not as big a problem either.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2013, 10:05:47 pm »
Yeah for 1h and polearms, since they were the only melee weapons to get buffed, afaik.Yup, agreed. Played with 1h on eu_3 and never rly had any problem with the stab stun on it. I had to gain a loom point recently, so i also played a lot with my polearm alt, and the problem stab stun was not as big a problem either.
The thrust stun from blocks was increased in the last patch for all melee types by urist. He made it so that 2h weapons got the longest stun duration.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2013, 10:17:01 pm »
+1
The thrust stun from blocks was increased in the last patch for all melee types by urist. He made it so that 2h weapons got the longest stun duration.
Alright, so my observations was true. Thanks for the info.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »
So you're stating you've taken the time to get to know all of NA and duel them multiple times thus concluding that we're all bad?

Or are you just talking out of your ass to try to impress people because you need attention and approval?

Sounds like your mad cause bad bro.
I don't know enough

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2013, 11:24:29 pm »
+5
Sounds like you're mad cause bad bro.
You're welcome. As an EU player I can also confirm that blindguy is horrible in melee, and used to kite with his superawesome cool meleearcher hybrid.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2013, 11:25:12 pm »
You're welcome. As an EU player I can also confirm that blindguy is horrible in melee, and used to kite with his superawesome cool meleearcher hybrid.

LOL your funny man, still butthurt cause I rape you every night once the HA leave huh?
I don't know enough

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2013, 11:28:01 pm »
+3
LOL your funny man, still butthurt cause I rape you every night once the HA leave huh?
Aww look, someone is dreaming.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2013, 11:31:10 pm »
+4
duel?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2013, 11:32:27 pm »
+2
duel?
He asked me for duels, when I said yes he went into a defensive trollish "oooh I'm to good to duel you maybe when your better" mode.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2013, 11:43:32 pm »
He asked me for duels, when I said yes he went into a defensive trollish "oooh I'm to good to duel you maybe when your better" mode.

XD that's funneh! Did you have another dream after that?
I don't know enough

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2013, 11:51:15 pm »
Stab is fab, yo
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.